PDA

View Full Version : Fat Blockers:Chitosan or Bsn cheaters any good?

Aldude2
11-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Are these any good for keeping the fat off ?.And do they have any side effects?I don't want to suppress my appetite or get rapid heart beat ,those 2 side effects are very common with fat loss products.I am finding it hard to keep my weight down now a days eventhough I still jog for miles,may be my metabolism is slowing down now with age which happens in your mid 30s i guess.

Basil08
11-14-2007, 03:29 AM
although they do block fat absorption, they will not "keep the fat off". Plus, they don't do anything if the subject isn't eating fat in the first place (over consuming carbs that leads to fat gain). Chitosan is a known fat blocker. It does this by binding to the fat molecules and causing them not to be digested. They literally run through your entire digestive system never absorbed.

The cons of this product is..

A) Chitosan can/will block any mono & polo unsaturated fats that are ingested within 6 hours of taking it. These are fats you want a lot of, they promote a host of beneficial qualities.

B) Chitosan can't do anything about over consuming of carbs, which is usually what most people get fat off of. It doesn't block adipose tissue from being made, just blocks that dietary fat you consume.

c) Eating a grapefruit 15 minutes before your meal will have the same "fat blocking" effect than a $50 bottle of BSN's "Cheaters Relief".

P.S.- The so called "carb blocker" that BSN put in their product is BS. Look at the animal study they used as reference, it was found not to have any effect in humans.

Aldude2
11-15-2007, 12:46 AM
i think cla is crap too.i just wasted money on it yesterday.i took 4 caps before going to bed and woke up gaining 2 pounds.

justanothagirl
11-15-2007, 01:25 AM
i think cla is crap too.i just wasted money on it yesterday.i took 4 caps before going to bed and woke up gaining 2 pounds.yeah 40 extra calories from fat are going to put on 7000 calories worth of body fat overnight.

Basil08
11-15-2007, 03:41 AM
yeah 40 extra calories from fat are going to put on 7000 calories worth of body fat overnight.

lol ;)

CLA has been touted for sometime now as a great supplement. some even go as far as saying it aids specifically in the liberation of fat from the midsection. In order for it to have any real effect though, you must take it in large quantities (ex, 10 pills a day) just like fish oil.

rainieravesouth
11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
From what I've read, the studies that show Chitosan is a flat blocker was done on SHRIMP, not humans.

so, unless you want to look like a shrimp......

-Aaron-
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/AaronOwnz/ALA.jpg

BSN Cheaters is a fine product. :)

Just don't go overboard.

Aldude2
12-11-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah 40 extra calories from fat are going to put on 7000 calories worth of body fat overnight.

duh.i had a fatty meal that night and did'nt excercise.cla should ve prevented the fat gain but it did nt.

Bad Company
12-11-2007, 11:03 AM
duh.i had a fatty meal that night and did'nt excercise.cla should ve prevented the fat gain but it did nt.

lol, I dont think it blocks water retention.. :rolleyes: