PDA

View Full Version : any good yorgurt.....

sticky fingers
08-15-2005, 09:58 AM
.....thats not bad tasting, doesn't have much sugar in it and are found in a regular supermarket???

i saw once there was a cup of yogurt that had like 40 grams of sugar in it....

DTRG
08-15-2005, 10:06 AM
.....thats not bad tasting, doesn't have much sugar in it and are found in a regular supermarket???

i saw once there was a cup of yogurt that had like 40 grams of sugar in it....

i just get light yogurt. theres 90 cals, 12 g of sugar, no fat and 6 g protein. not bad id say.

4amWorkouts
08-15-2005, 10:16 AM
You can find sugar-free yogurt, though it ususally costs a bit more. Yoplait is non-fat and sugar free, but has aspertame...

ellipticer
08-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Also remember, any yogurt that is made with dairy or has some fruit in it will also show some carbs/sugar content from the lactose and fructose.. even if it says sugar free.

nithos
08-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Unflavored Fat Free Yogurt.

Badfrog
08-15-2005, 11:00 AM
I've found a generic brand of yogurt at the local Kroger's. It's called CarbMaster (put out by Kroger's). I believe it is 90cals, 1.5G Fat, I forget carbs and 12G protein. Great stuff (peach is best) and it's $.44/each. Just have to look around cause most everyone's supermarket is gonna have different stuff.

MsDominatus
08-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Even the light Yoplait has High Fructose Corn Syrup - worse than sugar as it is processed and one of the worse things to ingest if you're trying to watch your calories. I used to eat the light all the time until I discovered this. And so I started to research different yogurts trying to find at least one w/minimal sugar. It's hard to come by if you're also watching fat grams. So your best bet is to go w/one that is designed for people watching carbs and just deal w/the fact that it may have a few grams of fat. What i've found withyogurt is that it's typically going to have one or the other - fat or sugar. Personally, I don't get much fat in my diet as it is so i take the fat over the sugar - especially that processed crap. Also - try looking at organic yogurt - which only has as much sugar as is in the fruit it's made with. I eat that as well.

Another idea - cottage cheese with fruit and then mix it up really well. It doesn't taste quite like yogurt but is along the same lines.. and has more protein.

Mister_A
08-15-2005, 12:46 PM
I've found a generic brand of yogurt at the local Kroger's. It's called CarbMaster (put out by Kroger's). I believe it is 90cals, 1.5G Fat, I forget carbs and 12G protein. Great stuff (peach is best) and it's $.44/each. Just have to look around cause most everyone's supermarket is gonna have different stuff.
That's what I eat.

Kroger CarbMaster. Love it.
Strawberry
Rasberry
Peach
Vanilla

All taste great. They're actually only 80 cals. 3 Net carbs (I think) and 13grams of protein.

I always get them on sale for 10 for $5.