PDA

View Full Version : Goat cheese whipped cauliflower!

phabphour20
11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
If you like goat cheese and mashed potatoes, then this is for you! If you don't have a mixer or hand mixer, you can mash these by hand and they still taste good, just more like mashed cauliflower and less like mashed potatoes.

Head of cauliflower

Good pinch of salt (I use coarse sea salt)

1 package of Chavrie goat cheese (http://www.freshdirect.com/prodpop.jsp?productId=usa_chav_gt&catId=usa), but any 5 oz. softer-style goat cheese will do

2 tablespoons of butter

2 tablespoons heavy cream

So, really easy... first, just cook the sh!t out of the cauliflower. Chop it into normal pieces, and toss into boiling salted water. Boil for 20 minutes, then drain.

Put this into a mixing bowl with the 2 tbls of butter and the goat cheese. Mix by hand until generally combined. Using a hand mixer (or an upright mixer would work), beat into a puree, slowly adding the cream as needed for consistency. I used about 1 tablespoon, probably. Then serve hot.

So easy and seriously, so damn good. Tastes like goat cheese mashed potatoes and looks like it too. Makes 4 heaping servings.

Enjoy!

-PP

claycat
11-15-2007, 08:33 AM
I made this last night, only used cheddar since I didn't have any goat cheese on hand. It was sooooo good! Even my hubby loved it. I had fried tenderloin chops with it (used flaxseed meal for coating) and he complained that there was no gravy. He later said it was really good and he didn't need gravy because the cauliflower was so good smeared on the tenderloin.

phabphour20
11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Glad you liked it. I am actually having them again tonight with some steak. I have never tried it with cheddar because I love the goat cheese flavor so much.

Did you whip them? Or just mash? I prefer them whipped, but they work both ways.

-PP

claycat
11-16-2007, 07:13 AM
LOL, I whipped them, it was a mess! The bowl was too shallow and cauliflower doesn't mush up quite as easily as potatoes. I had cauliflower flying out of the bowl. Use a deep bowl!!!

I will try goat cheese next. Goat cheese takes alot of herbs well, and that would be tasty.

LordGryn
11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I just made this 10 minutes ago and I must say it's very nice! I didn't end up putting in any double cream cos I don't think I drained my cauliflower well enough and I probably put in too much butter.

For my tastes quite a bit of pepper made it all the better, gave some to my friends and they really enjoyed it too!

Thanks for the recipe, I'm sure I'll be making this in the future :)

x buhlayz x
11-24-2007, 08:14 PM
woooow i made this for the first time for thanksgiving and it turned out really really good. i could eat this stuff every day, i ended up using sour cream and parmesan instead of the goat cheese (since 5 ounces is like $6) although im probably gonna splurge and get some soon (college student on a budget you know how it is) thanks a ton

phabphour20
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
woooow i made this for the first time for thanksgiving and it turned out really really good. i could eat this stuff every day, i ended up using sour cream and parmesan instead of the goat cheese (since 5 ounces is like $6) although im probably gonna splurge and get some soon (college student on a budget you know how it is) thanks a ton

My pleasure man. I love this stuff too. Making some for dinner tonight.

-PP