PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Need Some Input Please

Ryanmun
08-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I am 17 and currently 6ft 255lbs is it possible to lose more than 2lbs a week? if so what should i consider in my diet? Would HiiT on a treadmil work better that light jogging. I just need some input on my diet exersize and any other tips. my goal is to be around the 220 range

Malice84
08-14-2005, 07:45 PM
i went from 230ish to 185. i think if your just trying to lose fat just run a moderate speed, i think its only good to walk if you want to build on muscle. i wouldnt advise loosing more than 2lbs per week cause then as the weeks progress you will lose muscle then it will be harder to loose the last of your fat... just my .02

PapaRingo61
08-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Yea, it's possible, but not healthy. Patience is the name of the game. Lose it slow, and you'll be ripped. Even 2 lbs is pretty quick, especially when you're talking 2 lbs of pure fat every week. I mean, you figure in 8 weeks you lose 16 lbs of all fat. 2 months isn't long at all, and 16 lbs of bodyfat gone will make you look a lot better.

Ryanmun
08-14-2005, 08:05 PM
ok now i know the best way to lose fat fast is to do it slow but what should i shoot for calorie wise in order to lose 2lbs a week. Should i alternate every other day with lifting and cardio
thanks for the input

PapaRingo61
08-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Multipy your body weight by 15 and do 500 calories less than that on days that you lift. On days you don't lift or run, you want to lower it a bit more especially in the carb area (at least that's how I do it)

I do cardio 4 mornings a week and lift 5 days a week. I like the 5 day split because it really allows me to focus on a certain muscle group. And I do my cardio (hiit) only 4 days a week because I am losing at a good pace, and I'm not trying to run cross in college :). If you stall on losing the weight, just do more cardio or cut the calories a bit. You really have to find out what works for your body then have the determination to stick to it.

Good luck!

PapaRingo61
08-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh, and I know that might seem like a lot of calories, but trust me, you will lose the weight.

I weigh about 205 and I eat 2500 calories on days I lift, 2100 days that I don't, and I am happy with how I am losing. You don't want to drop your calories too low or else your muscles are going to be paying the price. I can also honestly say that since I have been cutting with the diet I am on, I have gained strength too. Gaining strength and looking better, doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Ryanmun
08-14-2005, 10:33 PM
thanks for the tips i will post my diet tomorrow so you can see how thats looking and what is your routine for hiit

PapaRingo61
08-15-2005, 04:39 AM
For my cardio I do a 5 min warm-up run, 10 min quick biking (averaging about 10.5), 12 min HIIT (exercise pace is 8.5, cool down is 5.0 with 40 second intervals), and then I do a 5 min cool down. I was in pretty bad running shape when I started that though, so adjust it to where you think you are.