PDA

View Full Version : Losing Fat

shiangwong
12-19-2001, 12:59 PM
What's the best way to lose fat for me to see my abs.

thanks,

Shiang

Deciever
12-19-2001, 01:09 PM
moderate cardio for 40 minutes on an empty stomach 3-4 times a week....

if you feel it necessary , assist from a fat burner would help

Buff_Daddy
12-20-2001, 04:39 AM
apparently, its not great to do cardio on an empty stomach... the forcing of the body to burn fat is a myth, or so i read (see my above post)

Original Poster
12-20-2001, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Buff_Daddy
apparently, its not great to do cardio on an empty stomach... the forcing of the body to burn fat is a myth, or so i read (see my above post)

Buff,
Could you show us a refererence to a study or some data that backs up that claim. I would love to see that data or study, because that statement totally goes against what us cardio freaks (endomorph in my case) was taught to believe.

Thanks,

cjszip
12-27-2001, 05:55 PM
not only that, but bodybuilders have been doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach for a number of years now, with much success, i personally do cardio on an empty stomach for 40 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach, 4 times a week, but i also use anti-catabolic suppliments, however, that guy works for AST, of coarse he's gonna try to scare you into buying his product, or at least give you alot of good reasons, if not that, just give you a good sales pitch...i do like AST tho..

-Anything less than 100% is failure.

walpurgis
12-28-2001, 02:53 PM
Hey cjzsip, what exactly do you do for your 40 min of cardio?

cjszip
12-28-2001, 07:38 PM
usually i'll go from my stationary bike to jump rope, the stationary bike maintains my heart rate longer, and the jump rope keeps the intencity medium, usually somthing along the lines of: jump rope- 5 minutes and bike for 5, and then i do it over again

durango
12-29-2001, 07:45 AM
if you do cardio in the morning when you first wake up. you need to eat it's been between 8-10 hrs. since you last ate, anything you eat isn't available for energy till your body breaks it down, eat lite before you do cardio in the morning

cjszip
12-29-2001, 11:29 AM
hmmm....that would defeat the pourpous of doing cardio in the morning wouldnt it? the reason for doing cardio in the morning is because 1) you just went without food for at least 8 hours and possibly 10 hours without carbs, when doing cardio in the morning your body is forced into burning fat instead of food, so all you do is burn fat, studys have shown cardio in the morning burns 300% more fat then later in the after noon....are you a bodybuilder or just a "person who thinks they know what their talkin' about"? and 2) it starts your metabolism alot higher then without it, so when you do eat your body is still in a fat burning state, the truth is you CAN lose muscle if you dont diet right and eat enough protein threw out the day, but trust me, bodybuilders have been doing cardio for a long time to cut up, and if you're worried about losing muscle like I am, buy muscle sparing suppliments like Glutimine, AKG, and there's alot of others too

GoodForHisAge
12-29-2001, 09:03 PM
Oops Buff_Daddy...

You're somehow right, 'cause your body doesn't have any calories to burn, it burns your muscle....
But thats for skinny or normal people...

For fat-asses, I would recommend using empty stomach to do cardio...

cjszip
12-30-2001, 10:59 AM
i know a pro, and alot of people at my gym who still use cardio in the morning, if you use 10 grams of glutimine and alot of protein, you wont lose muscle, i also use BetaGen and CytoVol by EAS, and i havent lost any muscle at all yet