PDA

View Full Version : lots of low gi = big spike?

gainmusclefast
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
like if you drink dextrose with protein its a high spike,
but if i eat low gi carbs it will be low, but what if i eat a lot of low gi carbs does it make it more of a spike?

nickdow
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes, more food = more insulin in most cases.

But don't spend too much time worrying about it. I used to for about 6 months and it made no difference in gains or comp or anything and the research backs that.

For instance if you drink any milk throughout the day who cares what GI the meals are since milk will spike your insulin regardless. Same with other foods. So it's best not to fret.

gainmusclefast
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
i was just wondering because i wanna try taking high gi + protein post instead of my oats and chicken to see if i notice a difference

paulieGB
11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
How long have you been of Keto for 'loseweightfast' ?
and can i ask why you stoped Keto.

gainmusclefast
11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
keto? um like 6 months ago i think, i wasn't good at the whole carb-up thing and the 2-3 days after the carb-up waiting to get back into ketosis sucked and wasn't worth it to me

The Solution
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
like if you drink dextrose with protein its a high spike,
but if i eat low gi carbs it will be low, but what if i eat a lot of low gi carbs does it make it more of a spike?

reagradless ur going to get a spike from ur whey .. so even if u did take in some low GI you will spike.. whey has been known to illict a bit of a spike but even with higher GI carbs it will raise to more levels with low gi it will still spike

and the more u take in carb wise expect a bigger spike

paulieGB
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Alright, cool
Im pritty sure it wasnt quite that long ago but......
Time does go quick i guess.
I was just wondering why you quite keto thats all.
Ive stoped keto a few times on and of but cant seem to get on with eating carbs, always feel bloated and crave other sweet foods after.

gainmusclefast
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Alright, cool
Im pritty sure it wasnt quite that long ago but......
Time does go quick i guess.
I was just wondering why you quite keto thats all.
Ive stoped keto a few times on and of but cant seem to get on with eating carbs, always feel bloated and crave other sweet foods after.

i don't crave anything anymore, i eat like a machine, nothing really sounds good except what i eat on a daily basis

gainmusclefast
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
reagradless ur going to get a spike from ur whey .. so even if u did take in some low GI you will spike.. whey has been known to illict a bit of a spike but even with higher GI carbs it will raise to more levels with low gi it will still spike

and the more u take in carb wise expect a bigger spike

yea for the lil bit ive been bulking i just been eating chicken / oatmeal post workout, i wanna try whey/high gi carb for once, never taken a post wo shake before

BlueFenix13S
11-12-2007, 11:28 AM

I've never done keto, but I'm like you, too many starches and I feel lethargic and sluggish. I could never do keto long term though because I love fruit :)

paulieGB
11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I've never done keto, but I'm like you, too many starches and I feel lethargic and sluggish. I could never do keto long term though because I love fruit :)

So do i infact recently ive been doing keto style with not to much fat more like 30% - 40% and eating fruit also and lots of veggies, i feel good doing this however i have lost weight and i do get bloated often. :(