PDA

View Full Version : i have some problems

hitwomen
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
when it comes to protein..

I hate how its tastes.. after the v diet.. I cant stand it.
what can i do to make it taste better..

ibcritn1
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I assume you mean protein powder? If thats the case I would suggest adding Natural peanut butter bannanas to your shake and maybe trying different brands/flavors. Great job with ur success this far, keep it up!

justdragit
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Lay off of it for a while. Get your protein from food. Then go back to whey. Or get a different kind.

cujo23
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
i had the same problem but I used to put chocolate whey in water, now I use vanilla soy protein and add it to milk

hitwomen
11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
so im trying to lose fat..
what happens if I mix it with skim milk
will it affect my weight loss?

Freek314
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
if you wanted you could just drink a gallon of skim milk a day and not have to worry about anything else... that would put you under maintenance, and who doesnt love milk? lol

hitwomen
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
if you wanted you could just drink a gallon of skim milk a day and not have to worry about anything else... that would put you under maintenance, and who doesnt love milk? lol

omg.. are you serious..
that actually sounds liek a great idea.
the problem is that I dont tolerate milk very well =/
hah.

Freek314
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
i drink about 5-6 gallons of milk a week when i can get it (and not cutting)....

anonymous123
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Between this and your posts in the fasting thread, I'd recommend just stop posting altogether. You're gonna get some real ignorant people that are brand new to this to start listening to your horrible advice.

Freek314
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
okay bud, i never said drink the whole gallon at once... everyone should already know that you have to spread calories out over the day

anonymous123
11-11-2007, 07:36 PM
okay bud, i never said drink the whole gallon at once... everyone should already know that you have to spread calories out over the day

When did I say anything about drinking a gallon of milk in one sitting? All I'm saying is that you're implying that all he needs to do is drink a gallon of milk a day and eat nothing else and he'll be fine. That is VERY wrong.

niiick
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
protein from a real source > protein from empty powders
anyway.

Freek314
11-11-2007, 07:43 PM
When did I say anything about drinking a gallon of milk in one sitting? All I'm saying is that you're implying that all he needs to do is drink a gallon of milk a day and eat nothing else and he'll be fine. That is VERY wrong.

9.8g of fat
196g carbs
139g protein

1450 calories total

also don't forget this is a woman and they burn far less calories than men do, the worst thing about this would be the carbs, whichis fine if they do moderate exercise

buddhastalin
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
9.8g of fat
196g carbs
139g protein

1450 calories total

also don't forget this is a woman and they burn far less calories than men do, the worst thing about this would be the carbs, whichis fine if they do moderate exercise

so you're telling a 17 yr old, 5'6", 169 lbs woman to get most of her calories from milk? ooooh k.

ChristianBBer
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
You don't need protein from powder if your diet is well balanced and your well nourished. I haven't had protein powder in a very long time. Its overrated.

You get your protein from a a well balanced diet. Dont waste your money on powder. Drinking milk is a very good idea, great source of soy and whey protein.

solyntjes
11-11-2007, 11:52 PM
9.8g of fat
196g carbs
139g protein

1450 calories total

....and.....

196g of sugar.
No EFA's.
No fiber.
No antioxidants.

Freek314
11-12-2007, 12:01 AM
10-20 bucks will get you supps for all of that, though

edit: good thing you remembered all of that, tho...

jaytek80
11-12-2007, 03:14 AM
10-20 bucks will get you supps for all of that, though

edit: good thing you remembered all of that, tho...

Dude... No. Just no. $10-$20 will get you a tonne of onions, broccoli, carrots, bananas, and other fruits and veggies. All of which are loaded with nutrients, complex carbs, fiber, and heaven forbid... flavor.

I'm not bashing milk. I drink at least a liter a day even when cutting and it's a big source of my protein and calories. But it's just retarded to drink nothing but milk and take supps. I hope you don't mind not taking a **** for a month.

For the OP: I found having a decent selection of flavors to rotate through really helps, and also switching between milk and water helps as well. Big thumbs up for ON Mint Chocolate with a cup of skim milk. Tastes like normal chocolate milk with a dash of mint.

Groges
11-12-2007, 03:49 AM
i drink about 5-6 gallons of milk a week when i can get it (and not cutting)....

Congrats hitwomen on the loss of 28 pounds!!

Seriously freek milk is good in a balanced diet but not as the sole source of nutrition. I dont think anybody who has a 2 pound weight loss over eight months should be handing out dangerously bad advice to someone who clearly doesnt need it. Maybe you should learn about your own body first.

oh yeah +1 on the peanut butter!!

jaymed
11-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Wow this topic took some turns far away from the OP's original question.....To try and get it back on track. You could do what a few people have suggested and either try different brands/flavors of whey or add natty PB/fruit. Are you familiar with sugar free syrups like Torini and Davinci? They have a number of different flavors that you can add to your shake to make it taste better. (and oats for that matter) I know they sell the syrups at some Albertson's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Walmart to name a few stores. You could also try some unsweetened Cocoa Powder to try and help the flavor of your shakes.

Freek314
11-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Congrats hitwomen on the loss of 28 pounds!!

Seriously freek milk is good in a balanced diet but not as the sole source of nutrition. I dont think anybody who has a 2 pound weight loss over eight months should be handing out dangerously bad advice to someone who clearly doesnt need it. Maybe you should learn about your own body first.

oh yeah +1 on the peanut butter!!

considering i wasnt cuttin or bulking then, its not too bad... but ive lost 10 pounds in the last three weeks so i feel secure about what i say as far as workin with me

of course you have to have solid food, but a gallon of milk a day provides 60-90% of your calorie needs, along with strengthening your bones and helpin muscle relaxation

zangetsu
11-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I have an idea for you

Im not sure if it applies to you

but instead of going with SHAKES like

STRAWBERRY/BANANA/CHOCOLATE/VANILLA

Switch it to other kinds of protien powders like the fruity ones which can taste like juice. You can find many in the bodybuilding store.

Like grape/fruit punch stuff like that, mixes well with water and doesnt taste watered down

zangetsu
11-13-2007, 12:52 AM

where is the "worst advise you ever heard thread" to add this on to it