PDA

View Full Version : Lose a couple pounds to get ripped...

hassaanu
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Aight, so I just want to lose weight for a couple reasons. Im 140-143 pounds right now and 5'6.5 inches. My body fat% is prolly around 15%, ill post pics up later.

First, I know a lot of people here will say just keep bulking but I want to start cutting a bit now for a couple reasons.

Ive been bulking since May and Id say have added around 25 pounds of muscle mass to my body and around like 3-4 pounds of fat. Ive had great strength gains and have nearly doubled my lifts in nearly all lifts.

Now, I just want to get cut up because right now I'm not really cut. At the gym, a lot of people that lift less than me look bigger because they just have a lower bf%, not that I care if they look bigger than me but I do wanna look big myself though, right?
Also, I wanna cut so I can drop a weight group for weightlifting, get my face more cut looking, lose the gut for the first time in my life(Ive never not had a gut) and get some abs showing.

So, I wanna start cutting and get down to like 8%. Thats like the point where you get a strong six pack right, or is that a bit higher or lower?

Anyways, how should I go about cutting. I have no idea what my maintanence is, it didnt really matter much for bulking because I just ate everything I could and made as much of it protein as possible.

Now, I need to know what is but I have no idea since I eat different amounts everyday and all my meals are homecooked by my mom.

How should I go about with my cardio and diet, and Im definately gonna continue weightlifting.

I wanna lose around 6 pounds a month for 2 months so I can get to around 8% in 2 months and then start bulking up again, but then Id do it clean.

Help

bauerbach
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
your 15? damn if your like me and everyone I knew at that age, there should be about 20 things a day you can cut out that have no nutritional value. any brown liquids(specially the alcoholic ones), all the fast food, all the desserts, and no school lunch(I might be terribly out of touch on this, these days its probably lean boiled chicken and brocolli...).

if by some miracle your 15 and you dont eat ANY of that stuff. well dang... whats wrong with you?

hassaanu
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
your 15? damn if your like me and everyone I knew at that age, there should be about 20 things a day you can cut out that have no nutritional value. any brown liquids(specially the alcoholic ones), all the fast food, all the desserts, and no school lunch(I might be terribly out of touch on this, these days its probably lean boiled chicken and brocolli...).

if by some miracle your 15 and you dont eat ANY of that stuff. well dang... whats wrong with you?

Umm, im not a junk food kind of guy so theres nothing much I can clean up there. I have fastfood like once a week so I guess I cant take that out but nothing more really...I just need to know how many calories I should be taking etc.