PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Break

IndianForeigner
11-10-2007, 08:20 PM
So for the week of thanksgiving I will be going to Utah to attend some Jazz games and will obviously be away from home and my weights. So I was wondering whether I should continue to work out on my break if there is a facility or should I just take the week off and relax?

MattyH7688
11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
week off is good once in awhile

Tribals
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
It's always good for your body to take a week off a few times per year. Honestly, I normally go super stir-crazy when I can't do some sort of exercise, but my advice would be, enjoy your week off, but hit the gym hard when you get back. Hope you have a great trip!

grapemaster
11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
do what you want... I personally like doing some kina activity in the morning, whether it be lifting or running though... I generally go for a jog on vacation in the mornings but I don't lift.

Dominikm
11-10-2007, 09:59 PM
I took a week off and lifted heavier the week after, flogging your body everyweek is quite stressful, a week off if fine, perfect time over xmas.

IndianForeigner
11-11-2007, 04:36 AM
ok thanks. if they have a facility then I may hit it up a few times but I will probably rest for the majority of the time.

The Solution
11-11-2007, 05:05 AM
its up to you.. if u want to continue to work out go forit.. maybe go a few times and do a full body routine if you want to

as for the break maybe find some time to relax and think about ur life and maybe how you could break whats in ur head to get u to stop fearing food.. i know if this came on strong.. but maybe sit down at dinnder on thanksgiving with ur parents dont worry about what u eat and just enjoy ur meal bro..

get out and enjoy life.. you only live once.. dont live behind a rock and think of what food can do to harm you.. get out there live a little bit.. eat up and enjoy ur life.. break the 2k calorie mark bro.. and keep going .. ur body is crying for food! eat up and enjoy the berak.. workout if u want.. its all preference

IndianForeigner
11-11-2007, 05:09 AM
will do, thanks for the support

BlueFenix13S
11-11-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm taking a week of personally. Of course I'll still do some light cardio and a few bodyweight exercises to keep the blood flowing and the muscles loose, but I'm not going to pound my body like usual.

Aindreas
11-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Assuming it's not cold as hell, I'll probably run when I get the chance just because I like it and would do it anyway. On Thanksgiving I'll probably play some football w/ my cousins and get my @ss handed to me b/c all of them have 40 or so lbs on me. :p

arizbiz
11-11-2007, 06:25 AM
If he lets you in and that is a BIG IF, I would go to gym jones. www.gymjones.com That would be a sweet for a week

PatMac
11-11-2007, 08:46 AM
So for the week of thanksgiving I will be going to Utah to attend some Jazz games and will obviously be away from home and my weights. So I was wondering whether I should continue to work out on my break if there is a facility or should I just take the week off and relax?

The Jazz have fans?

.........Really? You exist?

Just do what you want, a week off every once in awhile won't kill or workout if you want

The Solution
11-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Assuming it's not cold as hell, I'll probably run when I get the chance just because I like it and would do it anyway. On Thanksgiving I'll probably play some football w/ my cousins and get my @ss handed to me b/c all of them have 40 or so lbs on me. :p

every thanksiginvg morning i go down to the peninsula by lake erie and run in the "Turkey Trot" its a good 5 mile wake up call :)

and yeah my time isnt the best but i acll it a good way to start thanksgiving... giving me more calories to eat on turkey with :)

BlueFenix13S
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
The Jazz have fans?

.........Really? You exist?

BUUUUUURRRRNNNNNN!!!! lol j/k. Not much compares to the old Malone/Stockton days man. I think the Jordan/Pippen combo beats em, but not by much.

PatMac
11-11-2007, 08:58 AM
BUUUUUURRRRNNNNNN!!!! lol j/k. Not much compares to the old Malone/Stockton days man. I think the Jordan/Pippen combo beats em, but not by much.

Pierce + KG + Ray Allen FTW! (yes strong arrogant boston fan)

Aindreas
11-11-2007, 08:59 AM
every thanksiginvg morning i go down to the peninsula by lake erie and run in the "Turkey Trot" its a good 5 mile wake up call :)

and yeah my time isnt the best but i acll it a good way to start thanksgiving... giving me more calories to eat on turkey with :)

Wow, right on the lake, that's gotta be cold as f*ck. When I get desperate I just use an indoor track, but I will NEVER resort to treadmills :p.

BlueFenix13S
11-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Pierce + KG + Ray Allen FTW! (yes strong arrogant boston fan)

Haha true enough. My Pistons are off to a good start, unfortunately the Kings.... not so much. For the record, yes I am a fan of both teams, My entire family is from Michigan, but I was born and raised in NorCal :). Same can be said for the Lions/Niner's, Red Wings/Sharks, and Tigers/A's. I'm a freak like that.

BlueFenix13S
11-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Wow, right on the lake, that's gotta be cold as f*ck. When I get desperate I just use an indoor track, but I will NEVER resort to treadmills :p.

x2. Treadmills are an incarnation of Satan himself lol. So monotonous, just sitting there watching yourself run and run and run and not freakin go anywhere.