PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout meal issue

apriliaracing23
11-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Whats up Forum,

Im writing this thread cause im currently happily and succesfully into my bulk up period but im having issues fitting in my Post work out meal. Im stacking gaspari super pump prior to my work out and size on during my work out then a protien shake immediatly after. However between those three drinks and the work out routine the thought of food just straight out makes me sick. im spanning about 2500 calories over a 16 hour period i eat faithfully a small meal every 2 hours (larger meals break lunch dinner). what im wondering is if anyone has any advice on how to maybe rearrange things or any other things i can try to make this work a little easier thanks

Spottydog
11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Maybe cut the drink during your workout and have something to compensate afterwards.
See if that helps... I know eating during my workout would make me really sick.
Also, go into your workout kinda hungry... you'll want food by the end, trust me (pre-workout food makes me kinda sick, so I just eat a very big post-workout meal and multiple cups of milk with my shake.)
Try that??

Shaggytph
11-10-2007, 04:24 PM
i agree with spotty. how much before your workout are you eating? for instance i eat 5 oz brown rice, an apple, a half cup of skim milk and 5 oz of chicken than 1 hour and 45 mins late ri take my NO shotgun and go workout. afterward i drink a whey/dex shake and 30 mins later i eat my solid meal. maybe you should wait after your PWO shake to eat a solid meal. or you could blend and up some oats, milk, and whey for your post workout. experiement w/ different things and see what doesn't wanna make you yack

apriliaracing23
11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Well im actually not eating that much from what i thought. at 1 pm i eating lunch which is usually two tuna sandwiches on light wheat bread. at 3 pm its a peanutbutter sandwich and then 4 its the superpump . 430 im hitting the weights. during my work out im drinking the size on creatine (just following the directions). i guess maybe add that peanutbutter sandwich earlier in the day? maybe make one of my 2 pre lunch snacks a bit bigger? or i suppose drink the creatine before i sleep with my last meal of the day which is a serving of fat free cottage cheese for that slow protien digestion overnight

Keeloo
11-10-2007, 04:40 PM
recount your calories, i garauntee you're eating more than 2500 calories, when im not trying to gain weight, i easily eat 4000-5000 calories. Keep in mind most protein shakes are 500-600 calories plus all those meals...

Also it is best to workout on a newly empty stomach (your body needs to be concentrating on lifting that heavy ass weight, not digesting food (this of course discludes water/gatorade etc). So time it that you have a decent meal 1.5-2 hours prior to workout supps(if taking any) 1 hour-30 min before workout and you'll be plenty hungry afterwards.

red meat is a nono before workout (can take several hours to digest), if working out in the morning have an apple, bannana, and a glass of orange juice (or whatever preferred fruit) because fruit only takes an estimated 45 minutes to digest aswell provides sufficient energy to start your day off.

i hope some of this helped, if not im sure it's useful information for you.

The Solution
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM
if working out in the morning have an apple, bannana, and a glass of orange juice (or whatever preferred fruit) because fruit only takes an estimated 45 minutes to digest aswell provides sufficient energy to start your day off.

taking in some OJ and some fruit before working out in the morning? so its not important to break the catabolic cycle upon waking? no protein before hitting the gym

u might really want to reconsider this.. its very important to get a great meal in before working out regardless of the time its at

pre-workout and post workout are 2 of ur biggest meals of the day at least they should be loaded with ur complex carbs and getting some kind of protein ( if its real close to a workout i go with a whey shake) if i have about 60-90 minutes before ill opt for some whole foods so i can stomach it

i also make sure to take in a nice big bowl of oats with fruit before working out on top of that whey shake and PWO i have my whey shake and a bagel.. i did the dex thing and it just made me tired and nearly crash.. im getting better results with having some whole foods along with my PWO shake and then eating 60-90 minuts after that again a good 1 1/2 cup of rice + fruit + some lean protein

i would say maybe drop all the supps such as size on and whatnot.. and maybe focus on whole foods instead of all the supps.. u might notice different gains..

plus ur taking 2500 calories.. how much do u weigh and are u bulking/cutting?

Keeloo
11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
taking in some OJ and some fruit before working out in the morning? so its not important to break the catabolic cycle upon waking? no protein before hitting the gym

u might really want to reconsider this.. its very important to get a great meal in before working out regardless of the time its at

i just ment as a last minute thing if he finds he can't eat big before workout, alot of people just starting out (im assuming he is) have trouble getting a good workout in the morning if they've eaten a lot.

but yeah everything you said is completely right and what i do, (1 cup oats, muscle milk, fruit normal breakfast for me) but last time i suggested eating all that before a workout the guy puked, i figured better to suggest just fruits to give him some energry would be better until he gets used to a larger diet (since he is considering 2500 cals a day bulking)

apriliaracing23
11-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Ok
Well im considering myself bulking i started my bulk up diet 2 weeks ago i weighed 147 lbs and im 5'7. the caloric intake calc on this site said i should be 2400 calories based on the info i filled in via daily routine and my goal. so im floating between 2500-2600 a day tryin it off slow cause im coming from about 1950 a day didnt want to jump up to fast. Im real ocd about what i eat im absolutly positive im taking in this calorie amount. my protien shake is 52 grams of protien at 230 calories.i measure everything table spoon measurable with a table spoon even my milk servings in a measuring cup. i even tested my apple sizes to make sure my calories matched what sized apple i was eating lol. im ingesting about 230 grams of protien and about 190 grams of carbs. im currently on the 5x5 routine working out upper mon, lower tues, wed hiit, upper thurs, lower fri, sat sun off. ive gone up 25 lbs on my rep weight in 3 weeks been bulking for 2. really trying to do this right. yall seem to be leading me towords some descent tweaks in what im doing so this posting is much appreciated