PDA

View Full Version : dieting for cutting but yet adding lean muscle

gixxer600
08-06-2005, 03:34 PM
im sure its the same old question, but whats the secret to cut body fat without loosing too much muscle? i know you will loose some and you can control it by consuming protein and maybe some glutamine; but as far as the diet goes whats the best way about going? 1.5g of protein, 120oz of h20, but what ratio do i use for the rest; like carbs and good fats. 40-40-20? 50-30-20? also would egg protein be better the whey, or should i use whey isolate? any advice is appreciated!!

Xikaj
08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
protein and complex carbs, and NO fat. your body will use the fat on ur body

Dosquito
08-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Uh, that''s a bad idea by Xijak...Fat is a very essential macronutrient.

Instead of thinking of losing fat while building muscle, think of building muscle while losing fat.

Do an extremely clean bulk, with cardio in the morning.

gixxer600
08-06-2005, 05:44 PM
i eat stuff like fish, chicken, eggs, oatmeal, rice, and take a fish cap. i use protein shakes and meal replacement bars throughout the day. training wise i do allitle heavy on the weights with about 8-10 reps and atleast 8 different sets per body part. im not looking to go ronnie coleman or anything but when the abs start showing then i'll know when enough fat is lost to start thinking about bulking. still noone addressed the diet. what ratio should i look for. thanks

No Name =]
08-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Unfortunetly it is some trial and error, it depends on your body. 40/40/20 seems to be suggested norm around here. Be very diligent with your diet and reevalute it every week. I am still trying to figure this out myself. I've slowed the amount of muscle I'm losing with the fat but haven't been able to tweak my diet to that magical place of losing fat and gaining muscle yet.