PDA

View Full Version : My Diet I need help

thejazzman
11-09-2007, 04:18 PM
hi ive been reading this forum for a while an just decided to join because i need some advie

im 19 and i weigh about 11 stone, my aim is to get bigger

this is my typical diet(i work on nightshift)

(when i wake up)
5:00pm - Big meal eg. Chicken breast, potatoes, low fat yogurt

7:00pm - tin of tuna, 2 eggs, glass of skimmed milk

9:00pm - tin of tuna

12:15am - 2 slices wholemeal bread + 2 slices dry cure ham (sandwich)

3:00am - chicken pasta, low fat yogurt, orange, apple

6:30am - 2 eggs, oats with skimmed milk

(i also drink alot of water)

i tend to workout my biceps mainly because thats the part of my body i want to transform the most. i dont have a specific workout routine but i usually do:

biceps
day off
biceps
day off
(i know this is wrong and i want to start doing chest exercises)

can anyone help please, thanks Jazzman

Aeries
11-09-2007, 04:49 PM
All you need is a healthy ballenced diet with plenty of carbs, proteins and some fat. Eat plenty of salad and take two protein shakes daily about 2 hours apart. That should cover it. Of course loads of people here would say cut as many carbs as possible but really you shouldn't as that would be similar to the atkins diet wich is really bad for you.

I'd recommend working your cardio a minimum of 3 times a week and weight lifting around 3-4 times a week (take the protein shakes on those days). Thats what I do and I'm pretty ripped.

Once I fix my cam I'll take a pic.

Aftershock9958
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Keep in mind that if you don't work your tris, your arms will always appear small.

thejazzman
11-09-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks for the replys lads, i do work my tris to just not as often as i should

i really need to sort out a routine, do you think im eating enough too?

cheers

A.J.PT
11-10-2007, 04:18 AM
honestly, the weight training program you have is the worst part about your plan. You have to understand that your biceps are a small muscle group and will only grow in proportion to everything else. When you only work small muscle groups your body does not produce enough growth hormone to cause significant amount of growth. Start with adding "the big three" which is squats/benchpress/dead lift. for instance, do squats monday (with 3 other compound leg exercises) then bench wed (with 3 other compound exercises) and deadlift friday (this day you can add biceps and some more back exercises) finally, just make sure your calories are high and you'll be on your way to a new set of guns.

The Solution
11-10-2007, 04:58 AM
hi ive been reading this forum for a while an just decided to join because i need some advie

im 19 and i weigh about 11 stone, my aim is to get bigger

this is my typical diet(i work on nightshift)

(when i wake up)
5:00pm - Big meal eg. Chicken breast, potatoes, low fat yogurt <-- drop the yogurt and add veggies and top them with olive oil.. or but some butter in ur potatoes

7:00pm - tin of tuna, 2 eggs, glass of skimmed milk <--- drop the eggs and add some complex carbs or healthy fats

9:00pm - tin of tuna <--- pair this with carbs or healthy fats again.. tuna an apple and some almonds would be better

12:15am - 2 slices wholemeal bread + 2 slices dry cure ham (sandwich) <-- add some healthy fats maybe a peanut btuter sandwich and some ham on the side

3:00am - chicken pasta, low fat yogurt, orange, apple <--- split up ur fruits into meals throughout the day.. stick with the pasta.. go with a better protein source save the yogurt for pre - bed or another dairy product.. and throw some chicken in ur pasta with veggies and top with olive oil ( mroe caloreis and healthier)

6:30am - 2 eggs, oats with skimmed milk <--- great! casein protein + some fats from the eggs.. looks good man

(i also drink alot of water)

i tend to workout my biceps mainly because thats the part of my body i want to transform the most. i dont have a specific workout routine but i usually do:

biceps
day off
biceps
day off
(i know this is wrong and i want to start doing chest exercises)

can anyone help please, thanks Jazzman

i would suggest gettingm more fats in ur diet..... nuts / olive oil / peanut butter are all healthy sources that you could use..

also never have just a tin of tuna as a meal always combine a protein source with carbs ( helps in protein synthesis) or some fats.. try to make ur meals more complete and with more hten 1 macro

maybe add some more veg if you can

pre-make ur stuff in tupperware and take with ur to ur night shifts or pack a nice big cooler

hope this helps