PDA

View Full Version : Cottage Cheese before bed...

ericcasas
11-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi. I read an interesting article about body builders eating cottage cheese right before bed. They stated that cottage cheese contains a lot of protein that is hard for the body to break down so it acts as a natural timed release protein source that replenishes the body while you are sleeping for 8 hours (or 10 whenever I can!!) My question to those familiar with this is: WTF can you mix with it to make it taste better??? God dayum that stuff is nasty. I feel like one of those chics on that 2girls1cup video floating around. I think the Cottage Cheese came from the same source!!!! O_O Anyway, sorry for the sick visual on that one. Any ideas to help make this more palletable are welcome. Thanks.

-E

Haywood Jablome
11-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I have no idea
this is the first cottage cheese question I have seen

BabyBodybuilder
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Natty Peanut Butter

Dirtbiker
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Cottage cheese is good. Maybe an aquired taste?

PB is great in it. Chop up one fresh apple and drop it in there. Makes it really sweet.

ericcasas
11-08-2007, 04:45 PM

PB is great in it. Chop up one fresh apple and drop it in there. Makes it really sweet.

K....I have apples and peanut butter at the house. I'll try that. I guess it must be an aquired taste. I was pinching my nose off as I was eating that crap last night!! ^.^

-E

Hazsun
11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
K....I have apples and peanut butter at the house. I'll try that. I guess it must be an aquired taste. I was pinching my nose off as I was eating that crap last night!! ^.^

-E

lol. Were you eating fat free or low fat one? fat free usually harder to eat for me than the low fat one like 2%. Sometimes it could be the brand too.

DMBsAmricanBaby
11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Sugar Free Jelly

Spottydog
11-08-2007, 06:25 PM

Try a different brand. Knudsen ain't great. Darigold is. So is the Lucerne (or I guess Kroger for those of you living somewhere else), and Umpqua (again, northwest brand).

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Vanilla sugar free yogurt .. dannon lite n fit for example ..

BlueFenix13S
11-08-2007, 06:34 PM
My favorite has already been mentioned- peanut butter

But you can also use salsa, hot sauce, sf chocolate syrup, cinnamon w/ sweetner, pretty much any spice you can think of.

The Solution
11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi. I read an interesting article about body builders eating cottage cheese right before bed. They stated that cottage cheese contains a lot of protein that is hard for the body to break down so it acts as a natural timed release protein source that replenishes the body while you are sleeping for 8 hours (or 10 whenever I can!!) My question to those familiar with this is: WTF can you mix with it to make it taste better??? God dayum that stuff is nasty. I feel like one of those chics on that 2girls1cup video floating around. I think the Cottage Cheese came from the same source!!!! O_O Anyway, sorry for the sick visual on that one. Any ideas to help make this more palletable are welcome. Thanks.

-E

Peanut Butter
Fruit
Cinnamon
Cocoa Powder
Splenda
Tuna (ive heard its alright)
Trail Mix
Granola
Almonds

are among the few

before bed aim to mix it with a fat source to slow down the digestion even more

buddhastalin
11-08-2007, 06:43 PM
have you thought of eating something you like instead? you're not going to wither away if you eat something else.

reaper55
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Before bed I always mix it this way

1/2 cup CC
1 scoop chocolate whey
1 table spoon natty PB
cinnamon and splenda to taste

its awsome kinda likw chocolate PB cheesecake

DFA
11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I have no idea
this is the first cottage cheese question I have seen

LOL ^^^^

do a search theres a zillion threads on this. I add natty PB and splenda to mine.

lost1700
11-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I just put big spoon fulls in my mouth, take a big sip of water and swallow. I don't even chew the ****. I can swallow a cups worth of cc in about 6-7 spoon fulls.

mullerhun
11-09-2007, 07:08 AM
home made peanut butter, or from the store?:D

ConanHC
11-09-2007, 08:06 AM
I hated CC when I started eating it. I talked it over with some BB friends and here is what I did and it works.

Start with 4% CC. eat a little with alot of crackers slowly add more as you acquire taste for it. When you can finally eat it on it's own, switch to 2% CC. Rinse and repeat with 1%, then finally fat free CC.

I now eat 1% CC just before bed everyday and when I get tired of the taste I take a spoonful of PB.

and now my buddies laugh at me when I go out to poker night and pop open the CC. Makes em puke! LOL

Haywood Jablome
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
LOL ^^^^

do a search theres a zillion threads on this. I add natty PB and splenda to mine.

:)

seriously though
I add sugar free jam + raspberries, blueberries + blackberries. Its like candy to me

bigjake64
11-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Basically any fruit ... pineapple is a personal fav.

health4life
11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Layzie got me hooked on CC before bed. Now I add anything i want to it. I usually add Bran, or Ground Flax to it. I like the texture it gives it.

B.O.L.A.
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Damn... I've never mixed my cottage before. And I eat like 3 cups a day sometimes. :D

stsmurf
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Salt and pepper

matute97
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Cottage cheese and pineapple. Pineapple contains an enzyme, bromelain, that aids protein digestion and has potent anti-inflammatory properties.

XsongX
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Damn... I've never mixed my cottage before. And I eat like 3 cups a day sometimes. :D

word. i like my cottage cheese naked.

noahklop
11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
fruit in cottage cheese before bed!!!! Oh geez, thats going straight to fat! Talk about an insulin spike! (just kidding)

Tate2bGreat
11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
YUP naked cttage cheese... for ppl who dont like the taste... uhh, WHY NOT? hahaha. I bought a tub of fat free DRY cottage cheese and a tub of 2% so i mix half and half for one full cup b4 bed. The dry contains 22grams of protien 1/2 cup and the 2% has 16grams protien. Can someone explain this to me? thats what the label says. Same Brand (Foremost) and it's not as good as Lucerne or Dairy Land

Mcnults
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
eating 1c fat free CC with 2tb natural pb and Carey's sugar free maple syrup right now. amazing.

lebron23
11-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Splenda, cinnamon, and water

derek98z28
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I use Natty PB and almonds, it tastes ok..I must ask, why is this question being asked? are people too lazy to use the search function? I just searched this question and it came up at 30 times with different post topics and 800+ answers...just use the search function for crying out loud.

Tate2bGreat
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
The cottage cheese thread to end all gottage cheese threads apparently lost to some, but guess what it is in fact still there. I posted in it several days ago while searching. hahaha, S-E-A-R-C-H-I-N-G

sbh2082
11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
SF/FF pudding of any flavor variety

SF syrup

Walden farms sauces/dips

CINNAMON

ANPB

almonds

walnuts

SF Jell-O

Spottydog
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh, CEREAL!

k9nacl
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
i can eat it plain very easily, but sometimes to give it a little flavor i mix in a packet of splenda. another thing i do ocassionally is right when i buy fresh cc i'll put about a 1/4 cup of blueberries in it and mix them in the container. put it back in the fridge and after settling for a while the sweetness (depending on the blueberries) of the berries and their flavor will mix in and make it have a slightly less ... odd taste.

i love the taste of it plain, though with pb/some sugar substitute it can be quite good.

BerkeleyBoy
11-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I put the following into my blender:

-scoop of 4 ever fit whey isolate (mango)
-one banana
-cup of fat free cottage cheese
-ice
-Splash of milk

and BAM

A Casein rich smoothie

Spottydog
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I put the following into my blender:

-scoop of 4 ever fit whey isolate (mango)
-one banana
-cup of fat free cottage cheese
-ice
-Splash of milk

and BAM

A Casein rich smoothie

I wonder if that could work replacing the banana and whey with some PB (fats vs. insulinogenic pro and fruit I dislike).
Oh... and sugar-free jelly for a pbj smoothie!

JERZYBD
11-14-2007, 10:17 PM

-E

Try switching brands! Some I love and some I hate. I'm amazed at the differences.