PDA

View Full Version : Protien Bar i just made

LiL_JaY
08-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Though ild just share it, made it to take to the hospital with me tommorro to eat after my oppo

Ingredients
150g Rolled oats (Grounded into flour)
2 Scoops Choc Whey
4 Table Spoon Almond Butter
1/2 Banana
2 Teaspoon Honey
50ml Milk
2 Eggs (1 Whole, 1 White)

Instuctions
1. Get the grounded oats and mix it with the whey
2. Add PB Butter in, and mix it for a while until no clumps are left
3. Add the egg slowly and mix
4. Add the honey and mix
5. Add the Banana and mash it up and mix
6. Add the Milk slowly and mix,

should end up with a dough!, add onto a baking tray and into the oven @ 160 - 180 degrees for 15 mins or until you think its ready.

When its ready, cut it into slices and [b]7. OPTIONAL. Get a nice amount of chocolate, melt it on a hot stove, and roll the slices around and let the chocolate set over it like a chocolate bar.

noginn
08-03-2005, 02:47 AM
Sounds good.

I use this recipe from the other threads.

3 cups oats
4 scoops whey
1 cup skimmed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter

stick it all in a bowl and get your hands right in there, after a while of mixing it will become a nice sticky mess

throw few oats onto a plate

grab some of the mixture, roll it into a ball and roll the ball in the oats to stop it being so sticky.

leave in fridge and take out when you want them. could make into bars but from experience its a lot easier to make into balls when the mixtures a bit sticky.

just had 2 on my way home from the gym (the ingredients make about 12 balls, depends how big you make them ofcourse)

LiL_JaY
08-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Just ate one, tastes good, sticks together well (like cake), tastes like banana and chocolate, should of added a whole banana instead.

eatingmachine
08-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Though ild just share it, made it to take to the hospital with me tommorro to eat after my oppo

Ingredients
150g Rolled oats (Grounded into flour)
2 Scoops Choc Whey
4 Table Spoon Almond Butter
1/2 Banana
2 Teaspoon Honey
50ml Milk
2 Eggs (1 Whole, 1 White)

Instuctions
1. Get the grounded oats and mix it with the whey
2. Add PB Butter in, and mix it for a while until no clumps are left
3. Add the egg slowly and mix
4. Add the honey and mix
5. Add the Banana and mash it up and mix
6. Add the Milk slowly and mix,

should end up with a dough!, add onto a baking tray and into the oven @ 160 - 180 degrees for 15 mins or until you think its ready.

When its ready, cut it into slices and [b]7. OPTIONAL. Get a nice amount of chocolate, melt it on a hot stove, and roll the slices around and let the chocolate set over it like a chocolate bar.
that looks great, i might make a few of them.

LiL_JaY
08-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Also, i recommend to add 1 or 2 more scoops of whey (3 - 4 scoops)