PDA

View Full Version : List the sports events you;ve been to live

KingCanuck
11-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Vancouver Grizzlies vs Portand Trailblazers
-Got to see Rasheed and the boys, back when Portland had a top team in the west
Vancouver Grizzlies vs Utah Jazz
One of my favorite moments, being able to see Malone and Stockton before they retired
Vancouver Grizzlies vs San Antiono Spurs
Saw Duncan, good treat.. Spurs didnt have Parker and Ginobli at the time
Vancouver Grizzlies vs Lakers
Saw Kobe and Shaq, this was the season opener in 2000 I believe.
Part of the Laker Dynasty
Vancouver Grizzlies vs Clippers
Both teams were ****ty, this was the only game I saw where the Grizzlies won
Vancouver Grizzlies vs Kings
This was when the Kings were one of the West's best.

Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks
This was the season opener to the 2002-2003 season. Was a great game, Canucks won 5-2. Going to a few more games this year.

[b] Russia vs Canada summut series 2007[\b]
Was a fun game to watch live.

LVI
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I use to have seasons tickets to the Oilers so ive been to a lot of there games. Now i try to get to 1-2 games a year. Just too expensive. Likewise I use to have season tickets tothe Eskimos too. But there games are about as much fun to be at as a drywall plant so i cancelled them.

I have been to the Seahawks vs Coyboys for MNF a few years ago. And the season earlier to the Seahawks vs Browns game.

I went to a Bluejays game about 10 years ago, for there season home opener against the Angels.

hounds
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Countless Redskins games
Every Ohio State home game over the past four years

Highlights:

1.OSU - Michigan 2006: 1 vs 2, got to rush the field
2.OSU - Texas 2005: Vince Young in the shoe and it had a national championship atmosphere
3.Any redskins - cowboys game

KingCanuck
11-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I use to have seasons tickets to the Oilers so ive been to a lot of there games. Now i try to get to 1-2 games a year. Just too expensive. Likewise I use to have season tickets tothe Eskimos too. But there games are about as much fun to be at as a drywall plant so i cancelled them.

I have been to the Seahawks vs Coyboys for MNF a few years ago. And the season earlier to the Seahawks vs Browns game.

I went to a Bluejays game about 10 years ago, for there season home opener against the Angels.

Thats cool. I plan on paying the deposit and putting my name on the Canucks season tickets waiting list in a few years.

wsuwarrior
11-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Packers vs. Seahawks when Shaun Alexander beat the TD record
Packers vs. Vikings, Packers win 9-7 on a last second field goal
Packers vs. Lions, last game of the year for the third season in a row.

Bunch of Milwaukee Brewers games, bunch of Wisconsin Badgers football games.

BMF_Dallas
11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
countless Cowboy games
countless Maverick games
I won't claim the Texas Ranger games I've been too
NCAA Regionals Bball
NCAA Final 4 BBall
All the Stars Stanley Cup home games
...hell, this list is too long (many college football, college basketball, pro soccer, pro lacrosse...what can I say...I'm a sports nut)

j_neatherlin
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Been to a lot of LSU football games, some LSU basketball games, Oakland A's baseball games and SF Giants Baseball games....

the most significant game I've been to:

1997 LSU vs. Florida

MISSINGLINK
11-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Red Wings Hockey
PIstons Basketball
U of M football games
U of M Hockey
MSU Hockey
Detroit Lions football game

jason_bh
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
the most significant game I've been to:

1997 LSU vs. Florida

Bah. :mad:

I've been to several Jacksonville Jaguar games and numerous Florida Gator Football games.

Oh hai LINK.

.fedale.
11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Went to Cincinnati for a Cubs and Reds game

More Cubs fans there than Reds.

Also been to many Marshall games... when we had Randy Moss and Chad Pennington.

Exist 2 Inspire
11-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Some Falcons games, some Braves games, some Georgia Tech games, a couple of UGA games, a couple Hawks games, and a couple Thrashers games. Anything local really. I'll be going to the Jags/Chargers game in Jacksonville on Nov. 18th, so that's exciting. I'd LOVE to make it to an LSU game or few at some point, but I never have.

I also went to an Olympic event when they were held here in '96. But I was like 9 years old and it was swimming so I really didn't give a ****, lol. Olympic festivities are so much fun though. The actual competitions are nothing compared to the ceremonies and activities you can participate in.

Clide Whit
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Countless Eagles and Sixer and Phillies regular Season Games, also went to a couple of Eagles away games in Washington or in the Meadowlands.

Notable Games:

2007 NLDS game 2 where Phillies got beat by the Rockies

2002 Eagles NFC Divisional Game against Atlanta

2002 Eagles NFC Championship Game against Tampa Bay (worst loss I ever witnessed)

2004 Eagles NFC Championship Game against Atlanta (After parties were just bananas)

2006 Eagles NFC Wildcard Game last year against the Giants

Could have went to the NFC Divisional game where the infamous 4th and 26 took place against Greenbay, but g/f at the time was pulling a guilt trip because it was her birthday so I ended up giving my ticket to a friend.......

stone fox
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Been to plenty.

Most notable (for me anyway)

Superclasico (football): Boca Juniors Vs Riverplate (one of the most famous/infamous games in world football) Att.70,000 screaming Argie football hooligans

All Ireland Semi finals 2002 (Gaelic Football): Dublin Vs Armagh. Att. 85,000. electric atmospher. "Game of the Decade". Dublin lose by one point when the free taker hits the post in the last second :(

All Ireland Semi Finals 2006 (Gaelic Football): Dublin Vs Mayo Att.85,000. "Game of the Decade". In typical Dublin fashion we blow a 7 point lead (big in GAA) and lose by 1 point. :( (what made it worse was i bought the ticket off a scalper and was in a Mayo section getting poked by this inbred muck savage yelling " we ve got ye now boy!"

FormulaLT1poweR
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Steelers @ Minnesota Preseason
Steelers @ Minnesota 2005 Season?
Chiefs @ Steelers 2006 Season
Nebraska @ Iowa State Football
Numerous Iowa State Basketball Games
White Sox @ Royals 2007 Season

sammy21
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
countless white sox/cubs games because the camp I went to/worked for for 10 years always went to baseball games for field trips.

A lot of bulls games, mainly in the Jordan era, although the seats were never that spectacualar and even had to stand in the very last row a couple times because tix were so damn expensive. I got somewhat good seats for my bday though :D

Huse
11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
(what made it worse was i bought the ticket off a scalper and was in a Mayo section getting poked by this inbred muck savage yelling " we ve got ye now boy!"

ROFL

Huse
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Plenty games, Sox, Celts, Bruins, Pats, Revolution (free tix, why not), NU hockey, oh also a Toronto Argonauts game, they had a good chant "Nobody blows like the Argos" lol

One of the most memorable was a Bruins game in which the season after Ray Borque won the stanley cup at colorado and he got a standing ovation at the game, brought chills

buresnipes
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Buffalo Sabers vs Ottawa Senators. Like 4 years ago in Buffalo. It was decent.

itsallgood
11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Several Red Sox games
Patriots game
Celtics Game
Devil Rays game (on vacation)
Pepsi 400 in Daytona
A crapload of winston cup races in Loudon.

lost1700
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
First Rockies home game ever (inagural season)
Tampa Bay Bucs Games in Tampa
Denver Bronco's games in Denver
Padres game in San Diego
Yankess v. Devil Rays in Tampa
FSU games in Tally
UCF games in Orlando
Auburn v. Clemson bowl game a long time ago in Orlando
Arena football games
Orlando magic games
Denver Nuggets games
Daytona 500 and Pepsi 400 every year for the past 10 years
Bay Hill invitational
Talledega 500
Homestead nascar race every year for the past 5 years

I think thats it

jclarsen
11-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Countless UNC football games. Many UNC basketball games including:
'05 UNC vs. NCSU in the RBC Center
'05 Dook vs. UNC in the Dean Dome
'05 Dook vs. FSU in Cameron Indoor
'06 UNC vs. OSU in the Dean Dome
'9? Dook vs. NCSU in Cameron Indoor
A few ACC tourneys
and I'll be going to see UNC vs. Dook '08 in the Dean Dome

Lakers vs Nets '06 and some other Charlotte games.

FormulaLT1poweR
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
'05 Dook vs. UNC in the Dean Dome

I envy you :mad:

Sick96stang
11-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Game 7 01' World Series D-Backs vs Yankees

weakguy
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
bears vs 49ers like 8 years ago, don't even remember who won.
bears vs cowboys- this years game, cowboys made us look like fools
cubs vs dodgers- soriano had 2 HRs everything was going well until demp let a nice 3 run homer in the 9th. that sucked
cubs vs white sox- when i was a little kid, hardly remember it.
hawks vs redwings(i think?)- years and years ago hawks won like 6-1

both cub games at wrigley and both bear games at soldier.

MISSINGLINK
11-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Bah. :mad:

I've been to several Jacksonville Jaguar games and numerous Florida Gator Football games.

Oh hai LINK.

Hey, I know you.

windofchange
11-08-2007, 06:36 PM
countless STL Cardinals & Oakland A's games

Boise State @ Nevada (couple years ago, NV pulled upset and tied for WAC championship, and it was like 5 degrees the whole game)

Golden State @ Memphis (first time i got to see my warriors, it was pretty cool)

Never been to a NFL or NHL game, but plan to do both in the next year or so

snuffiluffigus
11-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Countless Nets games including the Finals
Many mets games
1 Jet game vs. Saints back in 04 I think it was
Rutgers vs. Cinci in fooball this year.

And this Saturday Nets vs. Boston

VegasBabyVegas
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
countless Bulls, Sox, Blackhawks, Wolves and Bears games.

A few Cubs/Sox games

The Sox/Rangers series this year down in Arlington.

A ton of Illini football and basketball games (most notably the basketball game in 2005 where we beat Wake Forest to become #1 in the nation and the football game this year where we beat penn state).

I've never been to a playoff game of any sort or anything especially meaningful.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some games.

badasszach
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
tons of KC Chiefs games, KC Wizards games, and Kc Royals games, a Tampa Bay Lightning game, and the And 1 mixtape tour back when it was cool haha

Highlights:

-Wizards down by 2 goals going into stoppage time, and make a come back to win the game.
-Mike Sweeney walk off homerun against the orioles
-Chiefs playoff game vs. the colts... they lost but it was great to see!

mikay456
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
-New York Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators
This was the last game of the reg. season 2005-06, rangers lost

-New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils
Rangers won this one, twas in the last season

I have to go to more sports events

ofarevolution
11-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Football
Season tickets for Marshall in 95 96 97
Inaugural Motor City Bowl Marshall v. Ol Miss
Music City Bowl 98(?) UK v. Syracuse
Cincinnati v. Rutgers (upset) 06
Tons of Bengals games, most notably Bengals v. Denver MNF 04

Basketball
Many UK games at Rupp arena (especially 96 with mercer, walker, delk, anderson etc)
Indiana v. UConn 06 in Bloomington
Marshall w/ Donnovan and Jason Williams
Never have, never will see an NBA game
Saw/Played against OJ Mayo in high school

Baseball
Countless Reds games. Opening day Mets v. Reds Pedro's debut as a Met.
Devil Rays v. Marlins in Tampa
Baltimore v. Boston in Baltimore (yes Ripken)

Probably more I cant think of...

Shiden11
11-08-2007, 10:59 PM
The biggest game I went to was Game 5 of the Western Conference finals in 2002 between the Lakers/Kings. The Kings won that one but the Lakers came back and won games 6 and 7. I couldn't get tickets to game 7 though.

BuildUpNow
11-08-2007, 11:03 PM
The last game of the girls varsity high school volleyball team

sammy21
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
The biggest game I went to was Game 5 of the Western Conference finals in 2002 between the Lakers/Kings. The Kings won that one but the Lakers came back and won games 6 and 7. I couldn't get tickets to game 7 though.

was that the series Horry hit that 3 at the buzzer? One of the greatest shots/sequence of events I had ever seen after Jordan.

I miss the Laker/Kings rivalry, was definitely a great era of basketball

NYY
11-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Yankees vs Redsox
A-rod, Vartiek fight

Yankees vs Seattle

Yankees vs Clevland

Yankees vs Oakland( On my b-day)

Yankees vs Orioles

I also been to another 2 Yankees vs Redsox games( All of which were at Fenway)

Few NFL Pre season games

Daily News Golden Glove boxing championships (Every year since 2 years ago)

Shiden11
11-09-2007, 07:11 PM
was that the series Horry hit that 3 at the buzzer? One of the greatest shots/sequence of events I had ever seen after Jordan.

I miss the Laker/Kings rivalry, was definitely a great era of basketball

yes that was game 4 when Vlade knocked the ball out to Horry instead of trying to grab the rebound. I miss that rivalry too, it was a lot of fun, especially being a Lakers fan living in Sacramento lol. I could never figure out why so many Kings fans had no problem with Kobe but they hated Shaq.

Infusion943
11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
So far, I have gone to 5 Home Nets games and still hoping for more. This year I hope to get more tickets, feel free to talk bout how it was and your experience.

1st game - Nets vs Pistons - For our marketing class, we got to go on a field trip to the nets game. We left the school at around 5 and arrived at the arena shortly after. Since it was a field trip, we got to go underneath the arena and talk with the Nets corporate men like the radio announcers for the Nets etc. While seated, we see Jason Kidd pass literally 10 feet behind where we sat. We were pumped. We go up to the arena and since this was my 1st game it was nuts. The whole atmosphere seeing carter, kidd etc. Pistons ended up winning and the ride back I was mad happy. We sat upper level but still the arena is small.

2nd game - Nets vs Suns Double OT game - Now this game I wouldve never expected to go to. My freinds teacher told my friend that his brother has season tickets and he couldn't go to the Suns game that night so he gave my friend 2 tickets to the Suns game, lower level seats. Me nd my friend ended up going , all psyched up because my frineds favorite player is Amare. We get to the arena and we are one of the first to be there. We take our seats, behind the backboard but we can see everythign since we are so close. we take our seats and since I had my camera, we were 1 feet away from the court and taking vids nd pics. IT was so unreal seeing nash and amare just shooting jumpers and stuff. THe game spoke for itself since it went up to 161-157 or something liek that. IT was so back and forth cant believe I witnessed this game Below are the videos i took:

ILFaVEhSSZU

0kgYEcLnMho

3A9oyDtESOs

We had to wait for my pops for like 30 mins in the freezing cold because he couldn't find his way but it was well worth it. We got close enough to Amare because he was underneath us getting hyped up and we kept screaming his name and he acknowledged us so that was cool.

3rd game - Nets vs Celtics
I got these tickets from the basketball team, upper level but still good. I went with Silky. He was all pumped up since Pierce would be playing. We get to the arena on time, get some sorta dog tag, and head to our seats. THe game was up and down and finnaly the game got killed once Paul Pierce hit the game winner by the three point line i think it was. We all were shocked and we left mad confused haha. Still a hella game.

4th game - Nets vs Pistons
Went with the friend who took me to the SUns game. It was a hella boring game but we didnt even notice Rip Hamiliton scoring like 40 ish points. It was boring and the Pistons ended up winning. Rasheed didnt play but he was shooting before the game started. He was shooting lefty half court shots with ease and Making them!!!! Still a game none the less.

5th game - Nets vs Pacers
Got these tickets from a friend from school. I went with my brother since I didnt have a ride and he was the only one who could bring me. They were lowel level seats and we ended up gettin there on time. It was a decent time for much of a deplated Pacers lineup. All I remember is Harrington scorching it up. Decent game.

tafoya
11-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Sacramento Kings games
Golden State Warriors games
USC games
Dodgers games
Angeles games
Giants games
Padres games
Rams games(when they where Los Angeles)
Raiders games