PDA

View Full Version : How to speed up metabolism?

boombum
07-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I notice that my metabolism slows down at times, for example, I will have a few weeks inwhich I can eat almost anything yet I still remain firm, but then all of a sudden my metabolism rate slows down. By the way I am still workingout, but it doesn't seem to help.

Is there any food or tecnique that speeds up metabolism?

Thanks

DelToro
07-31-2005, 12:37 PM
try fasting for a day or 2 each week

that 8 meals a day or whatever, doesn't speed up metabolism

micky c
07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
eat very small but very often, and work leg muscles (bigger muscles more calories needed)

i jus read wht the guy above me said AND DO NOT FAST, THAT LOWERS METABOLISM

ItalianRoc
07-31-2005, 01:43 PM
eat very small but very often, and work leg muscles (bigger muscles more calories needed)

i jus read wht the guy above me said AND DO NOT FAST, THAT LOWERS METABOLISM

Exactly what Micky said, not only do bigger muscles need more calories, but you can more easily pack on mass on larger muscle groups as 2% of muscle added to your quads/hams/glutes is far larger volume wise then 2% to your biceps, and every ounce of muscle you add increases your metabolism in of it's self.

even more reason to squat :D

not to mention that fasting is the worst idea in the world, though there is no reason to stretch to 8 meals a day, 5-6 small meals broken up over the day is perfect. Write down your current food in take for the next 4 days, find the calories, divide that by 4. Then spit those calories throughout the day. Is a very simplified way to approach it.