PDA

View Full Version : too much milk?

bsr35802
07-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok my friend drinks 1-1.5 gallons of skim milk per day. He doesnt drink ANY other liquid (including water). I keep telling him to cut back and have more water.

Can anyone give me more reason why he shouldnt drink as much as he does or any other info? thanks

Omid
07-30-2005, 03:59 PM
from this site: http://www.mercola.com/2005/feb/12/tea_endurance_fat.htm

Importance of Drinking Pure Water

I believe that pure water is what we were designed to drink and once we veer too far from this fluid there is a potential of developing some health problems. A rough guide to determine how much water you should drink is about a quart a day for every 50 pounds of body weight you carry. Please understand that this is nothing but an estimate. It is far better to listen to what your body is telling you about how thirsty you are. You can also monitor your urine as a good guide to how much water you need (your urine will be pale (not dark) yellow if you're getting a good amount of water).

Water is extremely important to your health and quality of life. You can exist without food for months, but without water you can only survive for a few days. In fact, your body is made up mostly of water, which:

* Is essential for digestion, nutrient absorption and elimination
* Aids circulation
* Helps control the body's temperature
* Lubricates and cushions joints
* Keeps the skin healthy
* Helps remove toxins from your body

Every day you lose water from your body through your urine, stool and sweat, and this fluid needs to be replenished. That is why your body has come equipped with a mechanism that tells you when you need to replenish your supply -- it's called thirst! However, you must be cautious of the type of water you are putting in your body because many sources contain toxins and contaminants that may harm your health.

DelToro
07-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I drink 2 liters of skim milk a day

it doesn't seem 2 hurt :)

but yeah I drink lots of water 2

PSU-Muscle
07-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Well the only thing I would be worried about is getting too much calcium. 1.5 gallons is about 720% of your daily value of calcium.

DelToro
07-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Well the only thing I would be worried about is getting too much calcium. 1.5 gallons is about 720% of your daily value of calcium.

haven't you seen those coral calcium tv ads with doctor snagglefoot ?

the more calcium u get the better

:p

Fidelis
07-31-2005, 02:46 PM
haven't you seen those coral calcium tv ads with doctor snagglefoot ?

the more calcium u get the better

:p
Well, there are studies that suggest that diets high in calcium may contribute to testical and prostate cancer. However, I think drinking large amounts of milk is fine as long as your diet is balanced overall.

bsr35802
07-31-2005, 03:09 PM
well my friend drinks 1.5 gallons of milk and NO water. I already know the importance of water but is there any disadvantages of having that much milk??

And my friend is 6"2, 165 lbs. He is trying to bulk up without taking on too much fat (he dropped 50 lbs aand was really fat so he doesnt wanna be fat again)