PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Nutrition

kevinWCU
11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Does bulking mean you can eat whatever you want?

Obviously you want to focus on good protein carbs fats, but can you also have cakes and pies and cheat foods at the same time?

rude boy
11-04-2007, 05:41 PM
lol wut?

Sibrek
11-04-2007, 05:42 PM
If you get enough protein, and your calories aren't too ridiculously high..go ahead.

Blue Blazer
11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Does bulking mean you can eat whatever you want?

Obviously you want to focus on good protein carbs fats, but can you also have cakes and pies and cheat foods at the same time?

No it doesn't mean that....bulking basically means eating a much higher then maintenance level of calories...for example: I'm 165 and try to get in 4000k a day...

There's 2 ways to bulk, clean bulk, dirty bulk...clean bulk, we avoid junk food, white bread, white pasta, basically we eat clean...dirty bulk, well you can eat whatever the hell you want I assume...

JM

jdominic6
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Bulking nutrition should be the same as your cutting nutrition. Just eat more of the same foods. You should still keep carbs in check and eat them at the right times. If you go off eating cakes, ice cream, etc on your bulk, insulin sensitivity of muscle fibers/cells may go down (depending on how well you're able to handle carbs) and not be as efficient shuttling in nutrients during recovery. Also the more BF you put on while bulking will also lower the efficiency of nutrients being shuttled into muscle fibers by insulin. This is because insulin acts on both muscle and adipose. I believe "Kauud" has a very good thread on this if you care to search for it. The optimal and cleaner method is the way to go.