PDA

View Full Version : nutrition bars????

TheIrishDizz
11-04-2007, 08:12 AM
trying to find some really good nutrition bars with excelent protein numbers and the essentials you need in the morning before or after a workout, or just for a mid-day snack. price has to be a thing also. if any know ahs tried a lot of bars or currently taking one please let me know specs and price and if they taste good.

thanx

BlueFenix13S
11-04-2007, 08:15 AM
trying to find some really good nutrition bars with excelent protein numbers and the essentials you need in the morning before or after a workout, or just for a mid-day snack. price has to be a thing also. if any know ahs tried a lot of bars or currently taking one please let me know specs and price and if they taste good.

thanx

Pure Protein bars have 18-20g protein, 18-20g carbs, 4-6g fat, priced about $1 at Wal-Mart
Peanut Marshmallow Eclipse is my favorite

EAS Carb Control bars 200-220 calories, 17-21g protein, 20-25g carbs, 8g of fat, $1.50 at Wal-Mart.
Cookies and Cream is the favorite here

Detour bars are about the same as Pure Protein, little less protein though, just about the same price.
Carmel Peanut is good, Detour is probably the best tasting of the 3 IMO. It's the original protein "candy bar"

rob?
11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
not sure on the price, but check out the met-rx protein plus and big 100 bars.

BlueFenix13S
11-04-2007, 08:18 AM
not sure on the price, but check out the met-rx protein plus and big 100 bars.

Between $1.97 and $3 depending on where you buy them (store vs gas station)

XNick EdgeX
11-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Pure Protein. My Fav.

The Solution
11-04-2007, 09:21 AM

thanx

ever consider making your own? just curious to know

i have some ON protein bars.. ive only had 2 of the 5 i have.. and they are very good 20g pro.. 3-4g of fat and 15g of carbs.. taste excellent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=346329&highlight=Protein+Bar+Thread
3rd page has it on there

Fallen_Horse
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Cliff Builder Bars, usually $1-$1.50 a piece, or prolly cheaper for a pack...

TheIrishDizz
11-04-2007, 06:13 PM
thanx for the fead back about the bars.
i personally like the met-rx 100 but i just gotta find a place that sells them for a bulk quantity price that is for sure unbeatable. i will probably try to make some myself.

Spottydog
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
thanx for the fead back about the bars.
i personally like the met-rx 100 but i just gotta find a place that sells them for a bulk quantity price that is for sure unbeatable. i will probably try to make some myself.
Yeah, theyre kinda sugar-y... I only eat them pwo for this reason.
Detour, Pure Protein, Clif Builders... my top 3.
Chef Jay's trio plex is okay, too, IMO, though I haven't heard anyone else say they like it yet...

BlueFenix13S
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, theyre kinda sugar-y... I only eat them pwo for this reason.

If you want Met-RX, get Protein Plus, mostly sugar alcohols if you don't want the sugar.

Spottydog
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
If you want Met-RX, get Protein Plus, mostly sugar alcohols if you don't want the sugar.

Too much saturated fat, and hydrogenated oil is too high on the ingredients list (Big 100's NEW recipe has hyd. oil, unfortunately, but it's the last ingredient, so I figure if I switch from Jif to Natty PB once the old Big 100's are gone, it'll work out to be about the same)

BlueFenix13S
11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Too much saturated fat, and hydrogenated oil is too high on the ingredients list (Big 100's NEW recipe has hyd. oil, unfortunately, but it's the last ingredient, so I figure if I switch from Jif to Natty PB once the old Big 100's are gone, it'll work out to be about the same)

Saturated fat is not bad, and the amount of hydrogenated oil is insignificant IMO if the rest of your diet is good.

Spottydog
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Saturated fat is not bad, and the amount of hydrogenated oil is insignificant IMO if the rest of your diet is good.

Well, too much ain't great, either... my upper limit is 6g (so no Myoplex Deluxe for me, I guess)
Pure Protein has similar macros, but it's so much better, so I just go with that... especially the PB, Choc.Chip, and S'mores flavors. Ingredients are better too. I haven't had the Strawberry Shortcake, but I bet its da bomb (yes, I used a phrase from my childhood)

By the way, anyone had these:
http://www.netnutri.com/prodimg/639372020042.jpg
Are they good??

mar999
11-04-2007, 11:56 PM
The supreme protein bars are the best i have ever had. I would rather eat them than eat a candy bar. They are about 3 bucks a bar i think

Dm84
11-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Yeah those Supreme bars taste amazing. Almost as good as a Detour bar.

Spottydog
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey, anyone had these? Are they any good, or are they crap? (nutrition-wise, not taste-wise...)
http://www.nutrinergy.com/images/prod/small/pro_ypc_s.gif
I just noticed they were not too pricey... I only checked the macros, I didn't really look into the ingredients enough.
(yes, I like protein bars too much, which is why I brought this back)

AllGenetix
11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
crap nutrition wise, cheap, tasty

i used to eat 2 a day thinking they were healthy in high school but loaded w/ sugar and not good at all.

damn costco

Spottydog
11-05-2007, 10:37 PM
crap nutrition wise, cheap, tasty

i used to eat 2 a day thinking they were healthy in high school but loaded w/ sugar and not good at all.

damn costco

10g isn't so bad...