PDA

View Full Version : Try this sweet potato recipe and you will be addicted..

rude boy
11-03-2007, 06:49 PM
cook the sweet potato..
cut it in half and kinda mash each side a little down with a fork..
sprinkle splenda on each half...
spread natural peanut butter on each half..
ENJOY!!

warning: tastes like candy and you will become addicted.

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 06:51 PM
That's what I do except rather than use splenda I use PB&C, and it's wonderful.

justanothagirl
11-03-2007, 06:52 PM
hmmm... i need to get myself some sweet potatoes. i havent had them in ages cos i only know one store where they sell them here n its a pain in the ass to go there.

Sleepstream
11-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Why does everyone always cover foods with peanut butter? I know it's good, but can you not enjoy the natural goodness of foods?

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Why does everyone always cover foods with peanut butter? I know it's good, but can you not enjoy the natural goodness of foods?

I enjoy both sweetpotatoes and peanut butter, and I also enjoy the flavors in combination. It's not about masking the "natural goodness" of the sweetpotato, I eat plenty of them w/o pb as well.

rude boy

try it and see...

Shaggytph
PB is a staple

BlueFenix13S
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
but can you not enjoy the natural goodness of foods?

Sure you can, but why not add even MORE goodness to it?

Hazsun
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM

I found it funny that sweet potato is already good and sweet on its own, yet people need to put splenda + pb? wtf lol. It's like they don't even have palate to eat good food on its own.

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I found it funny that sweet potato is already good and sweet on its own, yet people need to put splenda + pb? wtf lol. It's like they don't even have palate to eat good food on its own.

I do agree that it doesn't need splenda, I think sweetpotatoes are plenty sweet as is. Granted I often add honey or maple syrup, but I happen to need the cals.

Rodzilla
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
to the OP, I already od that, but I don't always mash it. I've been hooked for awhile now.
Did you get his idea from the scivation team? Thats where I first heard about sweet potatos + PB (and optional splenda)

rude boy
11-03-2007, 06:58 PM
to the OP, I already od that, but I don't always mash it. I've been hooked for awhile now.
Did you get his idea from the scivation team? Thats where I first heard about sweet potatos + PB (and optional splenda)

no.. i made it up on my own one day when i was craving both a sweet potato and peanut butter.

Sleepstream
11-03-2007, 06:58 PM
I enjoy both sweetpotatoes and peanut butter, and I also enjoy the flavors in combination. It's not about masking the "natural goodness" of the sweetpotato, I eat plenty of them w/o pb as well.

See, you actually eat them by themselves, but there are many who wouldn't eat them alone.

I've always grown up with sweet potatoes by themselves or sweet potatoes sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar.

try it and see...

No thanks. I'm not fond of adding peanut butter to everything possible. I get sick of peanut butter if I eat too much of it... and I find almond butter to be tastier.

Rodzilla
11-03-2007, 07:05 PM
no.. i made it up on my own one day when i was craving both a sweet potato and peanut butter.

well sorry to let your down, your not the originator:p

Robbyrh10
11-03-2007, 07:10 PM
cook the sweet potato..
cut it in half and kinda mash each side a little down with a fork..
sprinkle splenda on each half...
spread natural peanut butter on each half..
ENJOY!!

warning: tastes like candy and you will become addicted.

Its amazing how good it truly is

Sixpack
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
This ain't new!! Been doing this for a very long time ,I use almond butter :) also to vary it up

The Solution
11-03-2007, 07:26 PM
PB is a staple

Sure you can, but why not add even MORE goodness to it?

thats all that needs to be said

Sweet Potoates on their own are very good.. but y not make it even better?

PB and cinnamon ftw!!!

cottage cheese if im not having some chicken or turkey or whatever protein source on the side

Calipe
11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I also tried Sweet Potatoes with 99% Cocoa Chocolate melted on top and tasted just candy. Sweet Potatoes on their own is my favorite way to eat them though, I like their natural sweetness.

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I also tried Sweet Potatoes with 99% Cocoa Chocolate melted on top and tasted just candy. Sweet Potatoes on their own is my favorite way to eat them though, I like their natural sweetness.

I don't eat 99% b/c I'm not a masochist, but they are really good w/ Lindt 85%.

Calipe
11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
It's probably just me, but when I melt the chocolate it tastes kind of sweet. Pour it on top of a sweet potato and you are done.

Al Faz
11-04-2007, 04:44 AM

Exactly! One of the reasons why people are fat in America is cos they cant control their sweet tooth!!!

The Solution
11-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Exactly! One of the reasons why people are fat in America is cos they cant control their sweet tooth!!!

people add the PB to hit their fat macros in a meal.. and + its good tasting like u stated..