PDA

View Full Version : How can I stop cheating...

Crazy_Desi
11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
My cutting diet right now is as follows:

MEAL ONE
1 Cup 2% milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Serving PB
1 Fish oil
1 Multivitamin

MEAL TWO
1 Protein bar
1 Serving PB

MEAL THREE
1 Serving Oats
1 Cup 2% milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Fish oil

MEAL FOUR
1 Scoop Whey
2 Bananas

MEAL FIVE
1 Scoop Casein
1 Serving PB
1 Fish oil

DAILY TOTAL: 1913 cals, 168/179/75 - 33/33/33 - p/c/f

Being in college, in a dorm, the dining courts are complete ****, and being an engineering major I don't have time to cook.. and in my room all we can have is a microwave/fridge.

Do you guys have like any tips or suggestions on what to do.. if I was in an apartment I would never cheat since I could eat eggs, chicken, rice, veggies, etc etc.. but I don't have that option (yet).

Thanks

Oddball8945
11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
#1 just stop cheating.

#2 Stop cutting & get a better diet

#3 Eat, wtf are you cutting for at your weight

CYTX
11-03-2007, 06:18 PM
All those are available to you.

You can cook anything in a ziplock steam bag. I cook frozen chicken in 7 minutes and its great. I microwave eggs for breakfast and veggies all the time.

Why are you cutting if you weight 156? :confused:

Crazy_Desi
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I actually weigh 162.. and I am skinny fat. like ~20% body fat. Really ****ty.

The Solution
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM

MEAL ONE <-- complex carbs or fruit?
1 Cup 2% milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Serving PB
1 Fish oil
1 Multivitamin

MEAL TWO
1 Protein bar
1 Serving PB

MEAL THREE
1 Serving Oats
1 Cup 2% milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Fish oil

MEAL FOUR
1 Scoop Whey
2 Bananas

MEAL FIVE
1 Scoop Casein
1 Serving PB
1 Fish oil

Being in college, in a dorm, the dining courts are complete ****, and being an engineering major I don't have time to cook.. and in my room all we can have is a microwave/fridge.

Do you guys have like any tips or suggestions on what to do.. if I was in an apartment I would never cheat since I could eat eggs, chicken, rice, veggies, etc etc.. but I don't have that option (yet).

Thanks

yeah take some food from the cafe or buy some cans of chicken/tuna

if u rely on whey as ur protein intake for the day u aint doing ****

breakfast has no complex carbs ( should be biggest meal of day)

No Veggies

Bad variety of fruit i know ur cafe has more then bananas

diet is totally lackluster in all aspectes

Massgainer456
11-03-2007, 06:23 PM

MEAL ONE
1 Cup 2% milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Serving PB
1 Fish oil
1 Multivitamin

MEAL TWO
1 Protein bar
1 Serving PB

MEAL THREE
1 Serving Oats
1 Cup 2% milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Fish oil

MEAL FOUR
1 Scoop Whey
2 Bananas

MEAL FIVE
1 Scoop Casein
1 Serving PB
1 Fish oil

Thanks

dont know much about cutting..but from what I remember you need a lot of protein so even if u just got the microwave and fridge, u gotta get some tuna man. 30 g of protein per can right there. Try planning your meals the night before and you can eat like raw broccoli I think, just make sure u wet it.

In terms of cheating, just try to minimize it. Dont just quickly say you're going to stop eating what you have been cheating with. Just slowly eat it less. For instance, I would always eat potato chips but yesterday I had maybe 20 chips max. I felt great that I changed that and if u lower the amount of junk food u cheat with, it won't be so bad. Just be creative with your meals. You can eat fruit still so that's good. You don't have to eat huge meals either. You can just eat a lot of small meals throughout the day and you can progress. good luck with everything man. I dont know much about cutting so I am sure others will give you better advice. but all hope isn't lost if you can't cook.

Crazy_Desi
11-03-2007, 06:23 PM
^^sigh.. yea I know exactly what you mean. I really want to move into an apartment next semester, but that would mean I have to get a car.. even though I am saving a lot of money. I remember back when I was at home my diet was literally perfect.. nobody could comment badly about it hehe.

IF I got an apartment.. I'd have like
-Brown rice
-Egg whites
-Grilled chicken
-Broccolo
-Cauliflower
-Milk
-Oats
-PB
-Olive oil
-Cottage Cheese

I really think I should move out. ****.

CYTX
11-03-2007, 06:44 PM
^^sigh.. yea I know exactly what you mean. I really want to move into an apartment next semester, but that would mean I have to get a car.. even though I am saving a lot of money. I remember back when I was at home my diet was literally perfect.. nobody could comment badly about it hehe.

-Brown rice
-Egg whites
-Grilled chicken
-Broccolo
-Cauliflower
-Milk
-Oats
-PB
-Olive oil
-Cottage Cheese

What's stopping you from having that in the dorm?? Half of that does not need to be kept cold and you can nuke what does.

You really have no excuse if that is the stuff you want to eat.

Rodzilla
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
-get some chicken and veggies from your cafe
-tuna is pretty cheap
-microwavable/canned veggies

TheElephantman
11-03-2007, 07:03 PM
#1 just stop cheating.

i agree what #3, dude get huge why would you bother cutting at 158 if anything you should be trying to eat more put 20-30lbs on then thnk about a cut

Crazy_Desi
11-03-2007, 07:09 PM
If I was lean @10% body fat, I would weigh 140. Get it? Skinny fat.

Lol if I was lean now then hell yes I'd bulk.. but I'm not :(

-Brown rice - no problems
-Egg whites - I'd have to spend 2hrs every weekend going to walmart to get these
-Grilled chicken - Again, 2hrs to walmart and back. +it costs a lot. +no foreman.
-Broccoli - No problems
-Cauliflower - no problems
-Milk - no problems
-Oats - no problems
-PB - no problems
-Olive oil - no problems
-Cottage Cheese - walmart

The problem with the above foods is that my current dining plan would be completely wasted (it already is). I never eat there, so basically I'm wasting around 1.5k/semester on food alone. On top of that I'm spending all this extra money on other food.

The biggest inconvenience is the fact that to get to walmart, it takes around 45 minutes. To come back, it takes the same time. So really it's an issue of time & money.

Maestro
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
If I was lean @10% body fat, I would weigh 140. Get it? Skinny fat.

Lol if I was lean now then hell yes I'd bulk.. but I'm not :(

The problem with the above foods is that my current dining plan would be completely wasted (it already is). I never eat there, so basically I'm wasting around 1.5k/semester on food alone. On top of that I'm spending all this extra money on other food.

The biggest inconvenience is the fact that to get to walmart, it takes around 45 minutes. To come back, it takes the same time. So really it's an issue of time & money.

So, even though you live in a college town the nearest grocery store is 45 minutes away?

Usually towns and cities exploit the university by opening up tons of bars a liquor stores around the college.

for example where I live there are:

3 Safeways

1 Wal-Mart (being upgraded to a super)

1 Foodmaxx

1 Winco

2 Costcos

1 Save Mart (generic west coast grocery chain. Used to be Albertsons)

1 Raley's (generic west coast grocery chain)

All within 25minutes of the campus. In fact one of the safeways are within 5 minutes .

justanothagirl
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
why wouldnt u be able to cook? i cook 90% of the foods i cook in the microwave (easy).

Bravodor
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
#1 just stop cheating.

x2.

Your diet is ****, your not eating any real food, you have no fruits or veggies, just milk, protien powder, a little peanut butter and a bannana.

I eat more than that for a snack.

Crazy_Desi
11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Your diet is ****, your not eating any real food, you have no fruits or veggies, just milk, protien powder, a little peanut butter and a bannana.

I eat more than that for a snack.
If my diet is so ****ty, why isn't the velocity diet criticized like this? My college town is ridiculous, the nearest walmart really is 45 minutes away for us. We don't have any grocery stores on campus.. it's all fast food & bars.

My diet consists of:

Whey Protein
Casein Protein
Milk
Natural Peanut Butter
Bananas
Oats
Wheat Bread
Fish Oil
Multivitamin

Those are the staples of a diet, no?

I'm only planning on doing this diet until I lose around 15lbs - that's around 2 months. Honestly, how much worse than the velocity diet can this really be? If it's that bad, I might as well do the velocity diet for 2 weeks and then cut for a month.

The Solution
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
If my diet is so ****ty, why isn't the velocity diet criticized like this? My college town is ridiculous, the nearest walmart really is 45 minutes away for us. We don't have any grocery stores on campus.. it's all fast food & bars.

My diet consists of:

Whey Protein
Casein Protein
Milk
Natural Peanut Butter
Bananas
Oats
Wheat Bread
Fish Oil
Multivitamin

Those are the staples of a diet, no?

I'm only planning on doing this diet until I lose around 15lbs - that's around 2 months. Honestly, how much worse than the velocity diet can this really be? If it's that bad, I might as well do the velocity diet for 2 weeks and then cut for a month.

got whole food protein sources? chicken / tuna / turkey?

i konw ur cafe serves those.. put it in tupperware and take to ur room and reheat it man

put ur college meal plan to use

fruits / veggies are prob alwasy out..
breads - take loaves
if the have rice / potatoes tupperware these up

make it worth ur time and money