PDA

View Full Version : measurement help!

XsongX
11-02-2007, 02:37 PM
ok i just got my order from bodybuilding.com for 5lb muscle milk, n.o.-xplode, and animal pak vitamins. just looking at it psychs me up. (been lifting for 2 years but w/o the protein stuff) now the trouble is wtf is with these measurements. i know ounces and fluid ounces are different but how different i don't know. the bb shaker bottle is in ounces while the protein containers are using fluid ounces. someone please help me convert 5-6 fluid ounces / 10-12 fluid ounce into regular ounces . =( i'm new to this protein thing (used to buying mm off the shelves in bottles)

Rodzilla
11-02-2007, 02:57 PM
There should be a scooper in with your protein. If you have a food scale, use that.

XsongX
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
there is a scooper but with nothing written on it. what im asking is to convert fluid ounces to ounces so i know how much water to put in the shaker bottle.

The Solution
11-02-2007, 03:26 PM
there is a scooper but with nothing written on it. what im asking is to convert fluid ounces to ounces so i know how much water to put in the shaker bottle.

put more water if u want it thinner.. add less water if you like it thicker.. usually you put 4-8 oz of wter depending on how thick you like it to be.. its all preference.. either way the protein / products are still going into you.. its just going to dilute the taste a lil bit more with more water..

dont stress if you add a lil too much water.. its not going to affect the product in any / way / shape / or form

in10city
11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
What part of this don't you follow?

"Directions: Mix two scoops in 10-12 oz of water." - the "oz" here is fluid ounces already.

XsongX
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM
omg someone shoot me i just figured out common sense. thanks for the replies even though no one has converted my measurements yet >_>

Sleepstream
11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
omg someone shoot me i just figured out common sense. thanks for the replies even though no one has converted my measurements yet >_>

What conversions? The bb.com shaker measures fluid ounces, which involves volume.

in10city
11-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Without knowing density, you cannot convert from weight to volume.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Sleepstream
11-02-2007, 04:05 PM
When did taking protein and other powders become so complicated?

Do companies need to give exact directions involving pictures now?

in10city
11-02-2007, 04:13 PM

There is probably some correlation between this and and the overconsumption of deep sea, long lived fish.

XsongX
11-03-2007, 07:17 PM
pictures wouldn't be that bad =X i r stooopid?

The Solution
11-03-2007, 07:29 PM
pictures wouldn't be that bad =X i r stooopid?

the back of the container says reccomended scoops per serving

and **** they get u a scooper in the bottle.. so read the label.. if its for 1 scoops thats how much ur gonna put in ur bottle.. add as much liquid as you want.. shake and enjoy

man i never knew life was so hard..

and i never knew at 17 years old you coulndt read directions

Shaggytph
11-03-2007, 07:32 PM

haha. these days ppl seems to have less and less common sense

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Don't be a smart@ss, it helps no one.

XsongX
11-03-2007, 07:39 PM
the back of the container says reccomended scoops per serving

and **** they get u a scooper in the bottle.. so read the label.. if its for 1 scoops thats how much ur gonna put in ur bottle.. add as much liquid as you want.. shake and enjoy

i like this roid rage attitude. helps me get motivated =D

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
i like this roid rage attitude. helps me get motivated =D

Lol, the world's only 145 lber on roids. I think it's more OCD/Sleep deprivation, but whatever. :p

The Solution
11-03-2007, 08:02 PM
how hard is it to read the side of a protein powder jug? its not being a smart ass its common sense

Aindreas
11-03-2007, 08:05 PM
how hard is it to read the side of a protein powder jug? its not being a smart ass its common sense

That is being a smart@ss. Cut it out.

Sleepstream
11-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I've determined that if a thread is open long enough, they all end the same.

This is fantastic.