PDA

View Full Version : still lifting

Fullback_45
08-23-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone. I was wondering if i should still continue weightlifting during football. I really want to but i dont if its going to be to demanding on my body and worse on me. I mean my legs are soooooooore every since monday they are shredded, especially the calves ooooooh they hurt bad enoug that i cant work legs, but im really eager to work chest abs and arms so should i once a weekend??????? I mean if i eat right will i still gain even though the demands of football are apon me????? thanks guys!

SkinnyEcto02
08-24-2002, 11:45 AM
You should definetly continue lifting throughout the season to maintain your strength built int the offseason. Just make sure you lower the volume and don't lift to frequently. (2x's a week is great.) As for legs, I still think you should train them, but with a really low volume. Try to make up for this decrease in volume by kicking up your intensity a notch. Do like 1 set of squats to failure followed by 2-3 sets of high intensity calf work.

Jesse

Fullback_45
08-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanks man that sounds great. It was just what i had in mind. intend on lifting on the weekends. Like today i did arms, seems how there lagging a bit 15inch at 193 ill hit them hard everyweekend but tomarrow ill probley do some chest with some shoulders and some light back, nothing to heavy but ill kick up the intensity. Thanks man for reasureing my question

Oafy
08-25-2002, 10:25 PM
My Coaches make it manditory that you lift 2 times a week to maintain strength through out the season. I dont particually like it after a grueling practice but i know in the long run it is good for me.