PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on V8 drink....

Bmanxer
11-02-2007, 03:32 AM
From a bodybuilding standpoint, what's your opinion on V8? Good? Bad? Ugly?

fates_child03
11-02-2007, 03:38 AM
only really bad part to me is the sodium. If you get a low sodium version its all fine. I just don't like the taste personally.

in10city
11-02-2007, 04:04 AM
It's not inherently good or bad. It's all about dosage and duration. Occasional use to augment or replace vegetable intake is fine while chronic use as a wholesale replacement for vegetables probably isn't advisable.

Bmanxer
11-02-2007, 04:19 AM
Hm...well all they serve here would be the regular kind :P I did notice the sodium level was rather high. Uhmm...what about our lil "DHT Milk" cartons. They've got about 3.7g/5.7/1.6 P/C/F respectively. LOL on the side of the carton it says "contains 1.5% butterfat"...good or bad? It's milk made in Dubai...haha...

fates_child03
11-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Hm...well all they serve here would be the regular kind :P I did notice the sodium level was rather high. Uhmm...what about our lil "DHT Milk" cartons. They've got about 3.7g/5.7/1.6 P/C/F respectively. LOL on the side of the carton it says "contains 1.5% butterfat"...good or bad? It's milk made in Dubai...haha...

Thats fine man its like drinking 1-2% milk. I'd have it for sure,

grapemaster
11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Hmmm my opinion is the spicy v8 is a good bloody mary base. V8 is to vegetables (tomatoes) as sausage is to steak.

foodle.net
11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
personally to me V8 taste great.. and its great with a couple celery sticks...

but as mentioned above... the sodium is just crazy!

skinnyboipgh
11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I get a 46-oz plastic bottle of low-sodium V8 every week. It hits my spot sometimes, although I like low-sodium tomato juice just about as well. I drink it in addition 2 my normal veggies, not as a substitute tho.

The Solution
11-02-2007, 09:30 AM

Veggies - Good
Liquid drink - bad
Sodium Intake - Ugly

you could always make ur own v8 at home.. puree a bunch of veggie and then mix with some water.. and slug it down

its a lot cheaper and its a lot more cleaner..

but if its the only thing you get its not too bad..

GrowTime23
11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
I drink the stuff all the time but I've always wondered how much percent of each vegetable is in it. does anyone have any idea?
I mean, if it's like 90% tomato juice, 10% everything else that would be kind of weak.

Bmanxer
11-03-2007, 01:54 AM
I've also wondered that! lol I wish I could get my own veggies and stuff. I miss America...with it's beautiful blonde beach bunnies and nice big grocery stores....heh.

I drink about 3 a day, once with each protein shake, it throws a servin of veggies in with my protein ya know?

buddhastalin
11-03-2007, 02:20 AM
I've also wondered that! lol I wish I could get my own veggies and stuff. I miss America...with it's beautiful blonde beach bunnies and nice big grocery stores....heh.

I drink about 3 a day, once with each protein shake, it throws a servin of veggies in with my protein ya know?

chocolate flavored whey mixed with a v-8 sounds pretty nasty. hrm. i might have to try it.

Bmanxer
11-03-2007, 03:15 AM
chocolate flavored whey mixed with a v-8 sounds pretty nasty. hrm. i might have to try it.

NO NO NO!!!! LOL! Have it before or after your protein shake!!! haha dont mix it with it! XP bleh!

The Solution
11-03-2007, 05:01 AM
NO NO NO!!!! LOL! Have it before or after your protein shake!!! haha dont mix it with it! XP bleh!

yeah id agree on that.. but get what you can where you are im sure u have a niec access too a blender.. even if it is just like broccoli and whatnot mix it up and try it out.. it cant hurt to see what you can create.. but at laest ur smart about ur veggie intake

Bmanxer
11-03-2007, 05:12 AM
yeah id agree on that.. but get what you can where you are im sure u have a niec access too a blender.. even if it is just like broccoli and whatnot mix it up and try it out.. it cant hurt to see what you can create.. but at laest ur smart about ur veggie intake

I have access to a microwave? Think I could put my veggies...water...and my trusty hammer...mash it all together and heat it to create a healthy mush??? haha all kidding aside I honestly have no access to a blender. I have refrigerators and microwaves. Besides! Nuking the food would deplete it of it's precious enzymes and other like ingredients...

Tate2bGreat
11-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Smooth and seasoned mmmm.... I have these small cans with 1 veg shot in each can 156 ml, with 370mg of sodium. I have been drinking 2 a day recently taste too good as a 5 min sipper.

Will soon buy a few jugs of this...

Low Sodium V8 has 140mg of sodium. V8? 100% Vegetable Juice has 590mg sodium.

Low Sodium V8? helps you get 2 servings1 of vegetables in every nutritious 8-ounce glass with 75% less sodium2 than regular V8. It?s also an excellent source of potassium, which helps maintain fluid balance and normal heart rhythm. Diets containing foods that are a good source of potassium and low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.

Which I am sure most of you are already aware of this.

1 serving of vegetables = ? cup, 2 servings in 8 oz. V8? 100% Vegetable Juice. Daily Recommendations = 2 ? cups of a variety of vegetables for 2,000 calorie diet. USDA MyPyramid.

OR as i always thought 5-10 servings of vegetables a day..