PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Meal, Cheat Day, or ReFeed??

Fingerz
11-01-2007, 09:50 PM
So what are the opinions betweens opting for a cheat meal, an entire cheat day, or a refeed day of nutritious food?

JMillion
11-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Cheat meal.

MikeDimone
11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
no more then a single cheat meal, then back on the regiment...

i dont know how anyone can cheat more then a single meal, i'll have anxiety attacks...

Fingerz
11-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I agree, the guilt can take over. I usually stick to higher consumption of "quality" calories as my cheat.

Beerad2
11-02-2007, 03:29 AM
I too go with higher consumption of quality calories most of the time. If I have a sweet tooth, I usually make a oats, cottage cheese, protein mixture and incorporate some candy into it.

Captain Sagara
11-02-2007, 03:35 AM
If bulking everyday can be a cheat,cutting for a show i don't even have cheat meals or think about them,i do have refeed on carbs but only when my body starts working against me due to low BF% and low carbs...

juice1348
11-02-2007, 06:06 AM
CHEAT DAYYYYY!!! Sunday's for me!!! I cant wait...

Anxiety attack? wow...I just make sure I dont have ANY cheat meals or anything Mon-Sat (except sometimes I will drink Sat nights)...and then I eat whatever I want on Sundays and I dont feel a BIT guilty...I love it, it keeps me sane.....

Usually I start with a huge breakfast (pancakes, omelet, homefries) then onto a huge lunch (philly cheesesteak or burgers) then a big dinner (lasagna or Red Lobster or something) and ALWAYS the staple of my cheat day....A HUGE Ice Cream Sundae or Pint of Ben and Jerrys!!!

Shaggytph
11-02-2007, 06:13 AM
no more then a single cheat meal, then back on the regiment...

i dont know how anyone can cheat more then a single meal, i'll have anxiety attacks...

agreed. i get eaters remorse like woah when i cheat. sometimes i don't cheat for months. i consider a bulking diet cheating as it is even though im eating clean, calorie dense food the whole time

juice1348
11-02-2007, 06:18 AM
agreed. i get eaters remorse like woah when i cheat. sometimes i don't cheat for months. i consider a bulking diet cheating as it is even though im eating clean, calorie dense food the whole time

All this talk...I cant wait till Sunday now!!! ugh!!!

Shaggytph
11-02-2007, 06:22 AM
All this talk...I cant wait till Sunday now!!! ugh!!!

you'll be fine. it's only 2 days away. i on the other hand can't wait to hit the gym tonight

juice1348
11-02-2007, 06:24 AM
you'll be fine. it's only 2 days away. i on the other hand can't wait to hit the gym tonight

ya, i look forward to that EVERYDAY, but the cheat days are fun...I actually just joined a new gym, so Im excited to go tonight and check out all the new girls...um...i mean, equipment. hahah.

Hazsun
11-02-2007, 06:31 AM

Anxiety attack? wow...I just make sure I dont have ANY cheat meals or anything Mon-Sat (except sometimes I will drink Sat nights)...and then I eat whatever I want on Sundays and I dont feel a BIT guilty...I love it, it keeps me sane.....

Usually I start with a huge breakfast (pancakes, omelet, homefries) then onto a huge lunch (philly cheesesteak or burgers) then a big dinner (lasagna or Red Lobster or something) and ALWAYS the staple of my cheat day....A HUGE Ice Cream Sundae or Pint of Ben and Jerrys!!!

dude, how do you cheat with ice cream and have 6 packs? I love ice cream and it doesn't go so well for me every time i cheat:(

BlueFenix13S
11-02-2007, 06:34 AM
It depends how long and how hard you have been dieting. If you have been eating pretty far under maintenance for longer than say 2-3 months, then a re-feed is best, but if you take a cheat meal/day each week, you don't need a re-feed.

juice1348
11-02-2007, 06:36 AM
dude, how do you cheat with ice cream and have 6 packs? I love ice cream and it doesn't go so well for me every time i cheat:(

hahaha, i believe its all about being clean the rest of the week!!! I do my cardio, never miss a day at the gym and am super clean until late saturday night (if i drink that week) or Sunday morning. Even when I was really cutting up and not just maintaining, I still cheated on Sundays...I think a lot of people cheat more then they say they do during the week, but I really dont cheat at all during the week....

Therefore, my body is able to burn the 4500 cals I put in my body on a Sunday. It uses it for energy and my Monday workouts are ALWAYS fantastic...

Shaggytph
11-02-2007, 06:37 AM

probably cuz he's been doin it for years (liftin and dieting and such). and probably cuz he has better genetics than us.

PyroBurns
11-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Why not both? I find that bran muffins and things like fruit cake (fruit cake kicks ass. Ignore the stereotypes) can taste as good as a cheat, but they are pretty clean.

Look around www.recipezaar.com .

Sorbet can also replace ice cream. Never forget that.

juice1348
11-02-2007, 06:44 AM
probably cuz he's been doin it for years (liftin and dieting and such). and probably cuz he has better genetics than us.

I dont believe thats true, I truly don't...I mean, I dont have bad genetics, but mine are unreal. Like I said, I really believe that if, out of 42 meals during the week, you eat clean 90-95% of those or 37-39 of those, you will be good to go...

Shaggytph
11-02-2007, 07:03 AM
I dont believe thats true, I truly don't...I mean, I dont have bad genetics, but mine are unreal. Like I said, I really believe that if, out of 42 meals during the week, you eat clean 90-95% of those or 37-39 of those, you will be good to go...

yea i agree. it probably doesn't help that i was a fat ass growin up.

joinin new gyms is bad ass. i like to switch it up every year or so cuz it's gives me a new "umph" and the new machines are definately fun to check out ;)

young_squatter
11-02-2007, 07:07 AM

GENETICS, dont make me laugh. The reason he is able to do it is very simple. HE EATS CLEAN MON-SATURDAY, period. One day out of 7 days is not going to hurt you, and its not like a full out binge of 10000 calories, its around 4500-5000.

It is so stupid how many people here stress over eating a 100% clean diet 7 days a week 365 days out of the year. Clean eating 6 days a week, 1 bad day. If anything it probably helps the metabolism.

jmdrs4
11-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Cheat meal to maintain your sanity

juice1348
11-02-2007, 07:30 AM
GENETICS, dont make me laugh. The reason he is able to do it is very simple. HE EATS CLEAN MON-SATURDAY, period. One day out of 7 days is not going to hurt you, and its not like a full out binge of 10000 calories, its around 4500-5000.

It is so stupid how many people here stress over eating a 100% clean diet 7 days a week 365 days out of the year. Clean eating 6 days a week, 1 bad day. If anything it probably helps the metabolism.

I couldn't have said it any better...It's not like Im preparing for a show or anything.

user234984u5345
11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/128344054147187500muncheiz1.jpg

Kung Bruno
11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Cheatday, I drink oil all day long. Really.

The Solution
11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
So what are the opinions betweens opting for a cheat meal, an entire cheat day, or a refeed day of nutritious food?

depends on what ur doing.. cutting try for a refeed maybe if u need one, or a small cheat meal to keep u sane

bulking.. go with ANY

really comes down to what ur trying to do.. if ur maintaing.. go with either.. whatever ur preference is

Fingerz
11-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Only one more day! Going to have a solid morning at the gym on Saturday... then its grazing time!

PatMac
11-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Why have a delicious meal when you can have a whole delicious day...I opt for the day

kingklay
11-02-2007, 10:24 AM
ya, i look forward to that EVERYDAY, but the cheat days are fun...I actually just joined a new gym, so Im excited to go tonight and check out all the new girls...um...i mean, equipment. hahah.

thats what keeps me going.....all the girls. haha

i dont really have a cheat day, i'll eat excellent all week but the odd time i will throw in peanut butter cup here and there just to keep my sanity.

Stevo1313
11-02-2007, 12:16 PM
i try to cheat with higher good source of cals then something like fast food. If i have a sweet craving i found that dreyers makes a low fat no sugar added ice cream sweetened with splenda. It tastes great 4 grams of fat, and 3 grams of sugar per serving (probably from the skim milk its made with)

The Solution
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Why have a delicious meal when you can have a whole delicious day...I opt for the day

u may opt for a day but not too many ppl could hang with you in a day.. takig in ur what 15000+?

Richard Gere
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I used to go cheat meal, but that just makes me even more hungry for the rest of the day. Cheat day is quite enough though - just remember, you can't think like "OMG this is a cheat day, I have to stuff my stomach will all the junk food I can eat!", just relax and enjoy the food until you've had enough.

In my experience (endo)

1 cheat day - slight bloat
2 cheat days - major bloat
3 cheat days - visible fat gain

(pretty bad experience :))

PatMac
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
u may opt for a day but not too many ppl could hang with you in a day.. takig in ur what 15000+?

Average day was 15-20 but it could easily be more I just limit myself somewhat...those were the days

Basil08
11-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Average day was 15-20 but it could easily be more I just limit myself somewhat...those were the days

Remind me to rep you on your sig...i love it. (no homo)

Calipe
11-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Damn bro, 15-20000 calories in a day is an awful lot of food. Yesterday I was checking out www.supersizedmeals.com and they had people stuffing their mouths with all kinds of food. I was bloated from just eating 3000, and watching those videos didn't help. I just don't know how those people do it. They probably go without eating for like a week before eating so much food.

matthor
11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I used to go cheat meal, but that just makes me even more hungry for the rest of the day. Cheat day is quite enough though - just remember, you can't think like "OMG this is a cheat day, I have to stuff my stomach will all the junk food I can eat!", just relax and enjoy the food until you've had enough.

thats the key if you're going to do a cheat day. You dont have to force feed yourself. You dont have to eat clean, just eat till your satisfied then dont eat till your hungry again. This wont have a super detrimental affect on your progress.

A day where you eat everythgin you can possibly fit might

RocknRollStar
11-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Whats a re-feed!?

justanothagirl
11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
refeed

PatMac
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
thats the key if you're going to do a cheat day. You dont have to force feed yourself. You dont have to eat clean, just eat till your satisfied then dont eat till your hungry again. This wont have a super detrimental affect on your progress.

A day where you eat everythgin you can possibly fit might

Exactly, even when I eat massive amounts I just eat until I'm full and then I stop...There's no need to shove food down if your gonna end up sick all day from it

Shaggytph
11-02-2007, 06:18 PM
refeed

haha, i love how you correct his spelling but don't tell him what it is. will you tell me what it is? :D

RocknRollStar
11-02-2007, 06:22 PM
ok, i'll try again............ whats a refeed?! not re-feed!

justanothagirl
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
haha, i love how you correct his spelling but don't tell him what it is. will you tell me what it is? :Dlol it was actually a vote for refeeding over cheating.

its just eating at or slightly over maintenance with CLEAN foods. u do this once a week or so, when cutting.

high carb (preferably from complex starchy carb sources, limit milk+fruits but u dont have to avoid necessarily), moderate protein (same amount u use on other days, or SLIGHTLY above), very very low fat (only accidental)

to stimulate leptin hormone output (for metabolism+hunger control) + restore muscle glycogen (gym performance, recovery i guess). also, its just nice not to be hungry once a week. :)

Shaggytph
11-02-2007, 06:25 PM
lol it was actually a vote for refeeding over cheating.

its just eating at or slightly over maintenance with CLEAN foods. u do this once a week or so, when cutting.

high carb, moderate protein (same amount u use on other days, or SLIGHTLY above), very very low fat (only accidental)

to stimulate leptin hormone output (for metabolism+hunger control) + restore muscle glycogen (gym performance, recovery i guess). also, its just nice not to be hungry once a week. :)

gotcha. thanks for the explanation!

The Solution
11-02-2007, 07:21 PM

if u limit urself to 15-20k on thanksgiving i will have to neg you forever.. bottom line!

thepointman
11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I prefer a cheat meal, it's like the best of both worlds. It gives me something to look forward to during the week. But I try keep it somewhat sane, like getting a chicken meal at the restaurant or frozen yogurt instead of ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. Superficial changes, maybe, but it helps assauge the guilt :D

PatMac
11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
if u limit urself to 15-20k on thanksgiving i will have to neg you forever.. bottom line!

haha I will try not to dissapoint

zkid002
11-02-2007, 08:06 PM
This thread should have a poll, it would have been nice to see the results, and interesting..

justanothagirl
11-02-2007, 08:07 PM
i guess most people would have a cheatmeal.

thepointman
11-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm a fan of the cheat meal. Once a week, one meal out of my 5 of the day (tomorrow's the day! excited), the rest of the week 100% clean. It helps me keep sane, kickstarts my metabolism (this is probably just the placebo effect), and keeps me from cheating the rest of the week. After all, everything in moderation.

If you never cheat, more power to you. I tried that when I first started and went decently without it for about a month until it started to break down - I'd cheat here and there, and all of a sudden I'd be cheating far too often. Personally, I'd recommend a cheat ONCE in a while at least. Have some fun!

AllGenetix
11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
This thread should have a poll, it would have been nice to see the results, and interesting..

done

juice1348
11-03-2007, 07:50 PM
My plan of attack for my Sunday weekly cheat day:

9am: 4 Pancakes with syrup, Cheese and bacon Omelet, home fries...

12pm: Philly Cheese Steak with fries

2pm: Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frap

5pm: Taco Bell Baby

8pm: Ben and Jerrys Pint of Cookie Dough Ice Cream and some Peanut Butter

10pm: Go to bed with a huge smile on my face