PDA

View Full Version : The Commitment Of SeanDon...Thy Fatloss Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Alright. I've arrived. Its 4:30am and i'm sitting here staring at my before picture, saying my final goodbyes. I accept your challenge, people :D

First things first. I need to get LQ off my damned back, cuz he's heavy. I NOW PRESENT, MY GOAL SHEET:

Alright Lifequest, here is my first attempt at making a goal sheet following your guidelines. I'll tweak if you think i need

to, but this is what i have for now i guess :

1) I did my cardio every single morning without any excuses. I rested on day 7, but from days 1 - 6 i did 20 minutes every

morning, adding 5 minutes for the next two weeks and then maintained a 30 minute cardio session every workout day...

2) I lifted with my absolute best effort everytime. I didn't focus primarily on how heavy i was lifting trying to impress

people, i lifted with proper form and i did every exercise as i planned to. Not once did i quit during a workout claiming to

be "too tired"...

3) I ate a meal every 3 hours, no excuses. When i was out of the house i bought a meal replacement shake that had 42g of

protein and 20g of carbs...If i ate at a restaurant i had a meal that was healthy and within my calorie range for the day...

4) I walk down the street with my black tank top and baggy jeans, feeling like a million bucks. I get looks from guys that

tell me they're either afraid or impressed....Girls look at me like a normal person now, no more pity or disgust as i walk

by...it feels great... :)

5) I never let anything get in the way of my workouts or my diet. If i had to be out of the house for 15 hours one day, i'd

either workout very early in the morning, or i'd workout late at night. Either way i'd get my workouts in. I'd bring food

with me wherever i had to go...No excuses...

6) I kept my before picture with me at all times, right in my wallet. Everytime i flipped it open i had to look at what i was

and didn't want to be. My after picture doesn't even look like the same person.

7) I have acheived my maximum genetic potential. I'm as good as i can possibly be...

8) I have a defined body...My chest is huge, my arms are huge, i can see my abs for the first time...Forget the black tank

top, i'm walking around topless now!

9) I'm helping other people that are in the same position i was in just a little while ago...I finally feel like i have

accomplished something worth sharing....

10) I'm no longer shopping for clothes to hide my physique, but rather shopping to show it off.

11) I finally took my shirt off at a pool party where all my friends are...The looks on their faces make all the long

workouts and dieting worth it....

12) I'm alive.

Alright. Thats the goal sheet...It feels good writing a lot of that down, although i'm not sure if thats what LQ had in mind. Jump on my back again, and let me know ;)

Ok...Now on to the hard part. (I just uploaded my before pictures...they're very embarrassing to me, and ...yeah....ahem.)

I need to fix my sleep habits, because while i DO get at least 8 hours of sleep, i get it at the wrong times (like i said its 4:30am), so until then, this is my immediate plan:

Day 1 = 20 minutes cardio + Chest/Tri + abs

Day 2 = 20 minutes cardio + Back/Bi

Day 3 = 20 minutes cardio + Shoulders + abs

Day 4 = 20 minutes cardio + Legs

Day 5 = 20 minutes cardio + Chest/Tri + abs

Day 6 = 20 minutes cardio + Back/Bi

Day 7 = rest.

The reason i want to do it like this and hit some parts twice in the same 7 day period, is because i really only want to have one day off, and lift the other 6. I respond better when i'm doing something everyday. If someone else has a better split, i'm definitely up to hear it....

As far as my diet goes, i think what i'll do for now is do what i *think* is right, write it all down, calculate exactly what it is that i ate, and then post it on here for all to see/critique. I have a fairly good idea what it is i should be eating anyways, because i've posted alot asking for help, so i'm fairly good to go here.

Ok, the final piece of first post information. My stats.

I am:

Height - 177cm
Weight - 120kg
Muscle Mass - 73.1kg
Body Fat Mass - 42.6kg
Bf % - 35%

Alright. Thats all from me for now. I can't believe i posted those pictures :(...I threw one in there of me with my gf...since i've spoken about her a lot :)

And there you go. :)

US_Ranger
07-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd hit it.

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd hit it.

i do

US_Ranger
07-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Well you're a lucky guy.

Anyway, good luck with the journal. It's gonna be awesome to see the finished product.

Just remember when you want to eat bags of doritos.....you have to post it on here. That should scare you from cheating too often.

Use this thread for motivation.

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I think posting those pictures of me has put it in to a different perspective. Its no longer my little secret. No one has seen those pictures outside of my immediate circle (i.e. my mother and my gf).

So yeah. It sort of depresses me because its such a reality now. But at the same time that depression is a good one, because its not the "oh i feel sorry for myself , lets eat" kinda one but more of a "jesus christ, lets do something about it" kinda one.

yeah.

oh and, yes , i'm a very lucky guy when it comes to her.

2BShredded
07-21-2005, 02:02 PM
BANG!!!

*gun goes off, journey begins*

Congrats, the goal sheet looks great to me, I hope LQ agrees. The only thing I would say is that you are lifting too much for someone that hasn't done any at all or very little. Start with a 2 or 3 day full body routine hitting 1 excercise per muscle group. resting 2 days inbetween, i.e. MWF. Do this for a couple of months and then change it up.

Good Luck, I will be subscribing and providing support when/if needed.

ellipticer
07-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Every week you must lose at least 1 pound of pure fat. If you don't, you must post 1 digit of her phone number.

That gives you 10 chances to fail... if you fail 10x, she is going to get a lot of phone calls.

lifequest
07-21-2005, 02:04 PM
:LQ does a little happy dance:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s a good start, it gets much better towards the end. The beginning needs to be changed to present tense, I do this, not I did this. I’ll edit it when I get home. Time to go to second shift and baby sit an assembly line. I’m definitely not off your back yet though…wont be till I see that black tank top picture…

2BShredded
i do

Hey, don't get in to a testosterone contest. Girls typically don't like you running around saying that you are hitting it. If she is ok then oh well, but don't get stupid and lose the best thing going for ya.

SeanDon
Every week you must lose at least 1 pound of pure fat. If you don't, you must post 1 digit of her phone number.

That gives you 10 chances to fail... if you fail 10x, she is going to get a lot of phone calls.

LOL

panjt
i do

good job man.

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey, don't get in to a testosterone contest. Girls typically don't like you running around saying that you are hitting it. If she is ok then oh well, but don't get stupid and lose the best thing going for ya.

Nah my gf is cool like that. We recently ran into some guy that used to like her, and he was like "damn, i guess i missed out huh?" and it was sort of uncomfortable...so i said, "damned right, I'M the one tappin that ass"...of course if you know me, you know i'm joking around. She laughed quite hard, and said "better believe it."

She'll read this thread and have no issues ;).

2BShredded
07-21-2005, 02:06 PM

When it gets to 8 there is only 100 numbers left to call.

2BShredded
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Nah my gf is cool like that. We recently ran into some guy that used to like her, and he was like "damn, i guess i missed out huh?" and it was sort of uncomfortable...so i said, "damned right, I'M the one tappin that ass"...of course if you know me, you know i'm joking around. She laughed quite hard, and said "better believe it."

She'll read this thread and have no issues ;).

COOL

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
BANG!!!

*gun goes off, journey begins*

Congrats, the goal sheet looks great to me, I hope LQ agrees. The only thing I would say is that you are lifting too much for someone that hasn't done any at all or very little. Start with a 2 or 3 day full body routine hitting 1 excercise per muscle group. resting 2 days inbetween, i.e. MWF. Do this for a couple of months and then change it up.

Good Luck, I will be subscribing and providing support when/if needed.

So do you think i should do this instead for the first 2 weeks or so?

day 1 = 20 minutes cardio + full upper body

day 2 = 20 minutes cardio +lower body

day 3 = 20 minutes cardio

day 4 = 20 minutes cardio + upper body

day 5 = 20 minutes cardio + lower body

day 6 = 20 minutes cardio

day 7 = rest

I get what you're saying about full body routines, but i really like doing something everyday. If i only do it 3 times a week i wont feel like i'm being intense enough about it, and i'll end up doing something stupid to mess it up. This way though, i rest everything at least 2 days, like you recommend.

edit: I just downloaded this old piece of music i had a couple years ago that used to get me really really pumped up. I'm going to use it while i workout for intensity reasons. It gets me real focused :)

Be-Be
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Feel that weight that just came off your shoulders? That was the relief of no longer hiding who you are. We see you, we know you, and we support you.

Be brutally honest here - even the negative stuff, even the setbacks. You have to work through it and, as you may have noticed, we want you to succeed.

Oh, and I'm still going to chase you around the forum and yell at you when you deserve it.

BTW - my apologies. I didn't really believe you about the gf. Glad to be proven wrong.

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 02:20 PM
BTW - my apologies. I didn't really believe you about the gf. Glad to be proven wrong.

lol, yeah. I don't lie. Its not something i believe in, which is a good thing, because you now know i'll be honest in this journal. I posted her picture because i've spoken alot about her on here, and i feel like she's a big part of why i'm even able to smile these days....just wanted to share her picture with everyone :) yes, she's real :)

DJohnson
07-21-2005, 02:34 PM
When it gets to 8 there is only 100 numbers left to call.

Suckers, I'm starting at 7. ;)

Now make sure you read your goal sheet AT LEAST 3 times a day. I'm gonna let LQ do the revising, he's an expert. :D

And a deal is a deal. I'll find a picture of me from last November at my peak. I'll get the pictures off my friend from our Mexico trip in Feb. and I'll take some current pictures right away. I'll post in the thread when I have everything put together.

And good job! Let this be a turning point in your entire life!

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Suckers, I'm starting at 7. ;)

Now make sure you read your goal sheet AT LEAST 3 times a day. I'm gonna let LQ do the revising, he's an expert. :D

And a deal is a deal. I'll find a picture of me from last November at my peak. I'll get the pictures off my friend from our Mexico trip in Feb. and I'll take some current pictures right away. I'll post in the thread when I have everything put together.

And good job! Let this be a turning point in your entire life!

still waiting :O

yellowspeed
07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Post the digits.

The wrong digits. hahah

SeanDon
07-21-2005, 10:40 PM
not gonna happen ;) she's very much taken.

In a mini update...I got to sleep about 6am last night, and i woke up at 12. Its now 1:40pm and i just got done with my workout.....I'm gonna go have a banana and a protein shake :)

also, i weighed in at 118.9kg this morning.

Forum Guy
07-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Good Luck, Keep it Up!

dolbynorth
07-22-2005, 12:51 AM
You sound damn serious about this, and I support you!!

Myself, im 16 and weigh about 240-245ish. probably 30-33% BF, im hoping to do what you are doing. update often!!

Be-Be
07-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Good morning, SeanDon! How was the workout?

Guess I'm going to have to learn to figure kg into pounds since you insist on using that barbarian method of weighing.

On you goals, I wouldn't mind seeing one about healthy eating habits. Going past fast food places and not caring, preferring food that helps energize your body - something like that.

Gorilla King
07-22-2005, 04:48 AM
way to go man! It's awesome to see someone as self motivated as you are. Just to give you even more encouragement, I was doing a workout program pretty similar to what you're doing and since march of this year I've gone from 305lbs 33%bf to 256lbs 18%bf. Keep at it!

2BShredded
07-22-2005, 05:32 AM
So do you think i should do this instead for the first 2 weeks or so?

day 1 = 20 minutes cardio + full upper body

day 2 = 20 minutes cardio +lower body

day 3 = 20 minutes cardio

day 4 = 20 minutes cardio + upper body

day 5 = 20 minutes cardio + lower body

day 6 = 20 minutes cardio

day 7 = rest

I get what you're saying about full body routines, but i really like doing something everyday. If i only do it 3 times a week i wont feel like i'm being intense enough about it, and i'll end up doing something stupid to mess it up. This way though, i rest everything at least 2 days, like you recommend.

edit: I just downloaded this old piece of music i had a couple years ago that used to get me really really pumped up. I'm going to use it while i workout for intensity reasons. It gets me real focused :)

Sorry to leave you hangin last night.
Anyway, If you feel that this will help keep you going then I say go for it. Just remember that muscles grow after a workout, while you are resting, not during your workout. Make sure you hits the weights hard, keep your routine under 1 hour for weights and do compound movements. Post your actual workouts including weight used, number of sets and reps along with total time of workout.

Just so you know I got up at 5:15 as usaul this morning but something about this whole thread made me hit the weights really hard, or maybe I just slept better. lol.

Carbonite
07-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Sounds good, I went through something like this about a year and a half ago but nowhere near as extreme and realised that I wasn't the person I wanted to be. As a kid I was a gymnast with a wirey physique but very strong. I was training at about the age of 9-10 years old with guys nearly double my age who were trying out for the British Olympics teams etc.

Things went to Hell when I was forced to move across the country and stop the gymnastics due to my mother's job and no good gymnastics clubs / associations close by. After a lot of bullying and comfort eating at the new schools I went to I was into my mid-late teens and pretty overweight but not beyond rescuing myself. However in the first and second years of university life I drank to excess often and ate a lot of pizza and fast food and at one point was up to about 240lbs (~17st or ~108kgs).

I am now 6'4 and 178lbs going for my final cut. Can't wait to have that six pack and chest that I am proud of. I too did the before and during pictures which only my mother has seen besides me but they're there as a constant reminder of what I am working hard to get away from.

I've got a lot of respect and admiration for people like you who are as determined as I am to get into better physical condition.

Do the very best you can, lift like it's the first rep of the easiest set of your life and run like you depend on it.

Good luck.

Badfrog
07-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Alright SeanDon, I'm glad to see you get this started. Remember, post in this everyday and check-in with your weight once a week.

So long as you do the things you've listed, the weight WILL come off. The fat will have no choice but to get lost and you will end up feeling like a new man.

Just remember, "You choose to be the way that you are." No one else can do this but you. So 10 months from now you can still be insecure about yourself and about other guys looking at your girl or you can be showing her who her daddy is. What's it gonna be? BTW, that's a real nice catch you made there.

lifequest
07-22-2005, 06:29 AM
I’ll put my comments in caps so it’s easy to see, I’m not yelling,. I changed it to the correct tense for you.

I do my cardio every single morning without any excuses. I rest on day 7, but from days 1 - 6 i do 20 minutes every morning, adding 5 minutes for the next two weeks and then maintained a 30 minute cardio session every workout day...

GOALS LIKE THIS TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES IF THE OTHER GOALS ARE DONE PROPERLY, THIS IS MORE OF A LAUNDRY LIST ITEM THEN A GOAL. AND NOT A GOOD ONE TO START OUT WITH. I LIKE THE BLACK TANK TOP ONE THE BEST SO LETS START WITH THAT ONE.

4) I walk down the street with my black tank top and baggy jeans, feeling like a million bucks. I get looks from guys that

tell me they're either afraid or impressed....Girls look at me like a normal person now, no more pity or disgust as i walk

by...it feels great...

I WOULD SAY GIRLS LOOK AT ME IN A WHOLE NEW WAY…REMOVE ALL NEGATIVE REINFORCERS FROM YOUR GOALS. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY GOAL I MADE FOR YOU??:

I just went out and bought my first 3 pack of black tank tops…I tried one on and realized this long journey had reached it’s end…I look f*ucking jacked and am wearing the tank tops around with pride. I can’t stop smiling.

**DO YOU SEE HOW THIS IS ALL POSITIVE AND A LOT MORE VISUAL, IT’S EASY TO IMAGINE THIS DAY ACTUALLY HAPPENING RATHER THAN A SORT OF ABSTRACT IDEA LIKE YOUR VERSION. MINE IS A REALITY…THIS DAY WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY AND THIS IS WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE

2) I lift with my absolute best effort every time. I don’t focus primarily on how heavy I’m lifting. I CONTROL THE TEMPO! I MOVE THE WEIGHT. IT DOES NOT MOVE ME!

I LIFT with proper form and I DO every exercise as I planned to.

I LIKE THIS BETTER: I AM A FORM NAZI. I LIFT THE HEAVIEST WEIGHT I CAN PROPERLY!!

THE THOUGHT OF MISSING A DAY A THE GYM TO SLEEP OR BE OTHERWISE LAZY…IS LAUGHABLY ABSURD, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!

3) I EAT a meal every 3 hours, no excuses. When i was out of the house i bought a meal replacement shake that had 42g of

protein and 20g of carbs...If i ate at a restaurant i had a meal that was healthy and within my calorie range for the day...

THIS IS GETTING LAUNDRY LISTISH AGAIN, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE

**I eat six, moderately sized meals every day, each with a serving of lean protein and a complex, all natural carbohydrate and I prepare my food in advance every morning. ...If i ate at a restaurant i had a meal that was healthy and within my calorie range for the day...

5) I never let anything get in the way of my workouts or my diet. If i had to be out of the house for 15 hours one day, i'd

either workout very early in the morning, or i'd workout late at night. Either way i'd get my workouts in. I'd bring food

with me wherever i had to go...No excuses...

IF YOU FOCUS ON YOUR GOAL YOU DON’T NEED TO GIVE YOURSELF EXAMPLES OF FOLLOWING IT. YOU WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACCOMPLISH THE GOAL.

I NEVER LET ANYTHING GET IN THE WAY OF MY WORKOUTS OR MY DIET…NO RATIONALIZING OR EXCUSES…I GET MY SH*T DONE IN BOTH LIFE AND THE GYM

6) I kept my before picture with me at all times, right in my wallet. Everytime i flipped it open i had to look at what i was

and didn't want to be. My after picture doesn't even look like the same person.

TO CREATE THE VISUAL ALL YOU NEED IS:

I LOOK AT WHAT I USED TO LOOK LIKE WHEN I STARTED EVERY DAY…IT MAKES ME REALIZE THAT ALTHOUGH THIS JOURNEY HASN’T ALWAYS BEEN EASY IT HAS BEEN SO WORTH IT!!

7) I have achieved my maximum genetic potential.

8) I have a defined body...My chest is huge, my arms are huge, i can see my abs for the first time...Forget the black tank top, i'm walking around topless now!

GOOD!!

9) I HELP other people that are in the same position i was in just a little while ago...I finally feel like i have

accomplished something worth sharing....

10) I'm no longer shopping for clothes to hide my physique, but rather shopping to show it off.

THIS IS BORDERLINE NEGATIVE REINFORCMENT, CAREFUL! QUIT TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD YOU WERE, TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU ARE IN THE FUTURE

I LIKE THIS ONE BETTER

1. I am buying all new clothes to show off my new, lean body: Killer suits, nice shoes, nice
casual stuff. ALTHOUGH I MAY HAVE TURNED MYSELF INTO A SHOPPING WHORE.

11) I finally took my shirt off at a pool party where all my friends are...The looks on their faces make all the long

workouts and dieting worth it....

GOOD!!

12) I'm alive.

ALTHOGUH THIS IS A GOAL WE SHOULD ALL HAVE…I’M NOT A BIG FAN OF IT…PERHAPS

I FELL SO ALIVE!!

HERE IS THE GOAL SHEET I MADE FOR YOU. EDIT IT, ADD MORE, AND LETS SEE THE COMPETED COPY THAT YOU WILL PRINT OUT AND PUT IN YOUR WALLET

1) I just went out and bought my first 3 pack of black tank tops…I tried one on and realized this long journey had reached it’s end…I look f*ucking jacked and am wearing the tank tops around with pride. I can’t stop smiling.

2) I lift with my absolute best effort every time. I don’t focus primarily on how heavy I’m lifting. I CONTROL THE TEMPO! I MOVE THE WEIGHT. IT DOES NOT MOVE ME!

3) I AM A FORM NAZI. I LIFT THE HEAVIEST WEIGHT I CAN PROPERLY!!

4) THE THOUGHT OF MISSING A DAY AT THE GYM TO SLEEP OR OTHERWISE BE LAZY…IS LAUGHABLY ABSURD, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!

5) **I eat six, moderately sized meals every day, each with a serving of lean protein and a complex, all natural carbohydrate and I prepare my food in advance every morning. ...If i eat at a restaurant I have a meal that is healthy and within my calorie range for the day...

6) I NEVER LET ANYTHING GET IN THE WAY OF MY WORKOUTS OR MY DIET…NO RATIONALIZING OR EXCUSES…I GET MY SH*T DONE IN BOTH LIFE AND THE GYM

7) I LOOK AT WHAT I USED TO LOOK LIKE WHEN I STARTED EVERY DAY…IT MAKES ME REALIZE THAT ALTHOUGH THIS JOURNEY HASN’T ALWAYS BEEN EASY IT HAS BEEN SO WORTH IT!!

8) I have achieved my maximum genetic potential.

9) I have a defined body...My chest is huge, my arms are huge, I can see my abs for the first time...Forget the black tank top, I’m walking around topless now!

10) I HELP other people that are in the same position I was in just a little while ago...I finally feel like i have accomplished something worth sharing....

11) I am buying all new clothes to show off my new, lean body: Killer suits, nice shoes, nice casual stuff.

12) I finally took my shirt off at a pool party where all my friends are...The looks on their faces make all the long workouts and dieting worth it....

13) I FELL SO ALIVE!!

14) I’m so glad I kicked that nasty habit of binging on junk food. No more wrappers under my bed. I LOVE OATS AND CHICKEN :D

15) I track my progress every week using body fat calipers. And take progress pictures at least every month

16) I come on BB.com daily and update all the people that are routing for me and want to know how much ass I’m a kicking in this journey. If I quit, I understand that LQ will personally fly over here and kick my ass. Since he worked so hard on my goal sheet.

Also while you’re at it make goals for other parts of your life and put them on there, you don’t have to tell me what hey are. I have many goals about things I am struggling with on my goal sheet that have nothing to do with BB. It really helps.

That took longer then I anticipated…consider yourself privileged. I dono why I want you to sucked so bad but I do. Please don’t be one of those guys that comes on and then disappears after a week. Later on--LQ

Stand Ablaze
07-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Good morning, SeanDon! How was the workout?

Guess I'm going to have to learn to figure kg into pounds since you insist on using that barbarian method of weighing.

On you goals, I wouldn't mind seeing one about healthy eating habits. Going past fast food places and not caring, preferring food that helps energize your body - something like that.
I use KG and Stones too ;)

1 kilogram = 2.204 pounds. So 118.9 is 262 lbs..

SeanDean, I'm glad to see you started this topic and I'm glad to see so much support from the members here, because it's actually a bit suprising to be honest. Good luck and I/We will help you along the road. Make sure you keep at it. It might seem slow at first and it WILL be hard at times, but I guarantee you in 10 months time if you stick to it (if even 10 months) you will see a new persons body compared to your old one.

And on a side note, very nice girl you got yourself :) She's ace

Elitem825
07-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Make another comment like that and you are gone.

Be-Be
07-22-2005, 06:59 AM
I use KG and Stones too ;)

1 kilogram = 2.204 pounds. So 118.9 is 262 lbs..

SeanDean, I'm glad to see you started this topic and I'm glad to see so much support from the members here, because it's actually a bit suprising to be honest. Good luck and I/We will help you along the road. Make sure you keep at it. It might seem slow at first and it WILL be hard at times, but I guarantee you in 10 months time if you stick to it (if even 10 months) you will see a new persons body compared to your old one.

And on a side note, very nice girl you got yourself :) She's ace
Thanks, Blaze. I almost had to use the search button. *gasp*

SeanDon has caught our collective imagination, hasn't he? We'll all have to wear black tanktops to celebrate when he achieves his goals. We'll call it SeanDon Day.

2BShredded
07-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks, Blaze. I almost had to use the search button. *gasp*

SeanDon has caught our collective imagination, hasn't he? We'll all have to wear black tanktops to celebrate when he achieves his goals. We'll call it SeanDon Day.

10 months from know I will be glad to wear a black tank top. Not only for SeanDon but for myself.

oddjob21
07-22-2005, 08:44 AM
hey seandon, good to see you are starting out in the wonderful world of bbing, i started out at 250 (minus the hot gf:() around 6 years ago and didnt have this site or the cool people on this forum (aside from the occasional troll... like the retard that posted somwhere above me), we ll keep you motivated just remember to keep checking in :) im down to 178 now and fealing great,whenever you get the urge to cheat just remember that you will feel much better in 9 months(or however long) and lookin ripped in your black tank top than to have a cheat now, keep in mind the bigger picture always :D and the best of luck to you :)

fitnessman
07-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Good Luck! Thanks for reporting the post. Please do so as needed.

Now my opinion ;)

You are young and big (yes chunky, but big none the less). Weight train hard and heavy and get your cardio going strong. Eat clean, but have a planned cheat meal after reaching a short term goal.

You will be amazed at the progress you will make.

Again best of luck!

Fit

LaxPro
07-22-2005, 09:31 AM
I agree with Fitnessman. After being inactive and eating garbage for so long...and then suddenly doing a 180 in terms of exercise and proper eating the weight will melt off of you.

Goodluck man, stay dedicated and stay strong!

SeanDon
07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey all.....i missed the comment that someone made that was apparently a troll post....oh well.

Today was a good day. I woke up at 12pm because i fell asleep at 6am....I worked out for about an hour and a half...i did one exercise for each body part, but i made sure i got a good work out....it was nice.

I had a banana and a protein shake (20g protein, 5g carbs) immediately after.

about 2 hours later i had this chicken ceasar salad at a restaurant...the thing is i asked for it without cheese and croutons, and so they gave it to me with basalmic vinegar and boiled chicken. It tasted godly, and it was healthy.

3 hours later i had meal replacement shake (42g protein, 20g carbs).

3 hours after that i had a 6 inch chicken breast subway sandwhich.

I was out of the house most of the day, so i had to make do with foods from outside. The thing is i dont think any of the stuff i had was bad at all...It tasted nice though :).

And fattay - I'm glad you don't find her hot. She's not meant for you anyways.

Adam444
07-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Nice GF... eerrckk... good luck on your fat loss! ;)

The first few months you will go through major changes, everyone will notice it. This will boost your ego, and confidence and hopefully will push you harder.

Dude, you're fat, but you don't even have man-boobs. You lucky bastard. They are the hardest things to lose and confidence killers. You gonna have a flat/muscular chest in a year... and those stretch marks... are your battle scars ;)

Feel free to PM any questions/comments :)

SeanDon
07-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I do have manboobs!!

Its funny though my gf grabbed them today and said "awww they're shrinking! I'm gonna miss them!"

cute.

Adam444
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I meant they are VERY small compared to the rest of your body, so it's not even noticable.

You'll lose 30-40 pounds in 3 months. Do it right, and don't do it too fast.

Your GF seems like she likes you for who YOU are, and not for your body. Unless she's using you for your money, (or sex ;) ) she's a keeper.

lifequest
07-22-2005, 10:41 AM
…did you print the goal sheet out…nooooo….did you read it 3 times today….noooo….—the goal sheet pimp :D

SeanDon
07-22-2005, 10:45 AM
…did you print the goal sheet out…nooooo….did you read it 3 times today….noooo….—the goal sheet pimp :D

Yes i did read it! only two times though, cuz i was out :) I will print it out tomorrow and read it 3 times. I swear. I'll even have a little timer that flashes a big LQ at me to remind me its time for goals.

On a serious note though, thanks so much for your help with that. I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put in to supporting me...I really appreciate it :)

Carbonite
07-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Good stuff Sean! When I was losing weight I was on my year's placement on my degree and didn't see any of my friends from uni / home really at all for about 7-8 months. When I came back to University everyone's mouths dropped....such a good feeling!

You'll know what I mean when people start commenting if they haven't already =]

lifequest
07-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Sure thing, pay me in fat!

2BShredded
07-22-2005, 11:45 AM
3 hours after that i had a 6 inch chicken breast subway sandwhich.

I was out of the house most of the day, so i had to make do with foods from outside. The thing is i dont think any of the stuff i had was bad at all...It tasted nice though :).

what did you have on the sub? besides the chicken breast. Otherwise I think it is a great start in the right direction. As I stated in another thread I believe that you have to tackle this in stages. Eating every 3 hours is a great start as well as controlling the amount of food you eat. Keep it up.

Elitem825
07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
What I said was, SeanDon you remind me of that song on the internet.

Mariah Carey, got some big ass titties,
Angelina Jolie, got some big ass titties,
SeanDon, got some big ass titties.

SeanDon
07-22-2005, 09:12 PM
What I said was, SeanDon you remind me of that song on the internet.

Mariah Carey, got some big ass titties,
Angelina Jolie, got some big ass titties,
SeanDon, got some big ass titties.

I can only assume you're admiring my girlfriend. I thank you :)

SeanDon
07-22-2005, 09:14 PM
what did you have on the sub? besides the chicken breast. Otherwise I think it is a great start in the right direction. As I stated in another thread I believe that you have to tackle this in stages. Eating every 3 hours is a great start as well as controlling the amount of food you eat. Keep it up.

I had lettuce and tomato.....none of the sauces. I had one slice of cheese because i figure i needed some fat. But that was it. Usually i skip on the cheese as well, but i didn't have a flaxseed oil pill with me at that point...

SeanDon
07-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Good stuff Sean! When I was losing weight I was on my year's placement on my degree and didn't see any of my friends from uni / home really at all for about 7-8 months. When I came back to University everyone's mouths dropped....such a good feeling!

You'll know what I mean when people start commenting if they haven't already =]

hey congrats on the weightloss :D I really want that kind of moment to happen with certain people too....A lot of people used to be around me when i'd talk about weightlifting and losing weight....eventually everyone went their seperate ways (college, work, etc.) and i haven't seen most of them in a while. They're all coming back here at some point between December and April. I'd love to be done cutting at that point...that'd be nice :)

El Pena
07-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey Sean gluck with your goals, just remember it will take time and a lot of hardwork, and even if there are some setbacks just shake them off and keep right on truckin.

klifter
07-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey Sean, glad to see you on the boards. Good luck with your cut. Just remember, we are all in this diet biz together. I have just started a new cut as of friday. So work hard and stay focused, and remember you are not alone! :) kg

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Alright today is day 2 :)

I woke up really late today (2pm actually) because of my inability to sleep in the evening (if i had a morning job i'd be somewhat ruined). I had to leave my house immediately, so i had a banana and a protein shake...not the best for an actual breakfast, but definitely better than nothing...

This afternoon i went to my gf's father's house, and he insisted on cooking lunch for us....i told him about my diet, so he made everything for me that i could have. I ended up having the best tasting healthy meal i've had in my entire life....Steak (made from lean beef) with lots of veggies...he mixed in mushrooms, peppers, garlic, onions...pretty much everything. He only cooked it with olive oil and some herbs, so it was healthy. I should visit him more often, cuz he's a damned good cook.

So that was at around 4:30pm that i ate that meal....Right now its just passed 7:30pm, but i'm not eating, because i have to workout :). Since i couldn't workout this morning i made sure to wait at least 3 hours after my last meal, and i'm gonna go do that lower body workout as soon as i'm done posting this.

I took out some dory fish, and i plan on either cooking it in olive oil, or steaming it with lots of veggies and maybe a tiny bit of brown rice (since its a post workout meal)....

Later this evening before bed i'll probably have some cottage cheese...

Also, Fitnessman has saved my craving problem. He completely solved it for me. It never occurred to me that instead of scheduling free meals once a week i could set mini-goals and then once i achieve them, sort of reward myself with a free meal. My first goal is to break the 116kg mark (as in, i could be 115.9kg and thats fine) because i haven't been below that point in years. After that it'll be the 110kg mark :).

So to sum up in short form for those that dont like reading:

- woke up late (2pm), had a banana + protein shake
- had a healthy, damned great tasting meal at 4:30pm
- its now 7:30pm and i'm about to workout
- after my workout i'll have fish + veggies + brown rice
- once i hit 115kg i can have a free meal

alrighty, thats my update for the day :) hope everyone is doing fine.

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 04:59 AM
LIFEQUEST READ THIS NOW ---

ok breathe. Dont panic. This post is to reassure you that i AM INDEED working on the final copy of the goal sheet...i just need to workout first, ok? :) ok.

ok good.

yes.

ezra
07-23-2005, 06:21 AM
good luck seandon. keep up the good work. :)

i'm sort of amazed at how hot she is because i sort of expected that "she is pretty in my eyes type of thing".. but she isnt at all.

anyways. good work.. keep goin'!

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 06:25 AM
good luck seandon. keep up the good work. :)

i'm sort of amazed at how hot she is because i sort of expected that "she is pretty in my eyes type of thing".. but she isnt at all.

anyways. good work.. keep goin'!

yeah she's cute. She's letting all the attention get to her head tho, haha....she'll call me and say "so does anyone else think i'm hot? heeeheeheee"

But she keeps me going. Its nice knowing that i'll be giving myself the best body i've ever had, and also giving her the gift of having someone healthy and *hopefully* decent looking.

You know tho, her dad is a chef, and he's an amazing one in my opinion...his cooking is just bananas. He is teaching her how to cook now too, so i swear to christ, she's the perfect woman :D hahaha...she'll love that comment. No sex for a month :(

ezra
07-23-2005, 06:33 AM
yeah she's cute. She's letting all the attention get to her head tho, haha....she'll call me and say "so does anyone else think i'm hot? heeeheeheee"

But she keeps me going. Its nice knowing that i'll be giving myself the best body i've ever had, and also giving her the gift of having someone healthy and *hopefully* decent looking.

You know tho, her dad is a chef, and he's an amazing one in my opinion...his cooking is just bananas. He is teaching her how to cook now too, so i swear to christ, she's the perfect woman :D hahaha...she'll love that comment. No sex for a month :(

if you really wanted to push yourself.. you could make sex your goal reward...

:)

hah.

skelooth
07-23-2005, 06:33 AM

You can tell her that skelooth thinks she's average. That oughtta pop her bubble :mad: and if she really says "heeheehee", I'm going to be scared :eek:

skelooth
07-23-2005, 06:35 AM
. No sex for a month :(

You don't even want to know how long it's been for me. On month is CHILD'S PLAY :mad: haha

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 07:12 AM
if you really wanted to push yourself.. you could make sex your goal reward...

:)

hah.

that...will....never......happen. Cannot live without.

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 07:15 AM
You don't even want to know how long it's been for me. On month is CHILD'S PLAY :mad: haha

ah well.

I can't walk right now...leg workout...painful....but nice pain :O

The thing is she knows who you are, cuz she's read through your thread. And i know her type...If i tell her you think she's average she'll mention something about how you haven't had sex in a long time. I shall simply tell her "someone thinks you're average" :O

Elitem825
07-23-2005, 07:36 AM
See you in two weeks.

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 07:44 AM
I was referring to your big ass titties.

She really doesn't like it when i refer to them as "mine". But, again, thank you.

skelooth
07-23-2005, 08:39 AM
ah well.

I can't walk right now...leg workout...painful....but nice pain :O

The thing is she knows who you are, cuz she's read through your thread. And i know her type...If i tell her you think she's average she'll mention something about how you haven't had sex in a long time. I shall simply tell her "someone thinks you're average" :O

then i will send ellipticer and chlaxman over there to kick her ass for me :mad:

ezra
07-23-2005, 10:22 AM
You can tell her that skelooth thinks she's average. That oughtta pop her bubble :mad: and if she really says "heeheehee", I'm going to be scared :eek:

maybe the whole you thinking her average has something to do with the lack of sex...

skelooth
07-23-2005, 10:24 AM
maybe the whole you thinking her average has something to do with the lack of sex...

**** you *******?

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 11:53 AM
K guys i pm'd fitnessman and asked him to take the picture of me and my gf down, because this is getting a little dumb :(.

I really didn't mean to make the thread about her...hopefully now it can be about the fatloss :O

Thx fitnessman :)

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-23-2005, 12:40 PM
hehe goodjob it was gettin a little off topic very best of luck mate i hope this goes well for you - remember too rest often and not over exert yourself (you dont want to get ill)

out of interest what routine do you follow for leg day? i hope there was lots of squatting :D

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 01:18 PM
out of interest what routine do you follow for leg day? i hope there was lots of squatting :D

There will be lots of squatting eventually....I joined this new gym that is opening august 11th :). Until then i have this bench at home and the bench lets me put weights on the back and do the standard hamstring curl type things. Lol.

It most definitely works though, i couldn't walk after i got done tonight.

Of course now its 4:18am, i have a huge headache, and i woke up from my sleep at about 2am. I tried going to bed at around 11pm...So now i'm just playing a computer game while i wait to become tired enough to sleep again :(

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-23-2005, 01:38 PM
GJ @ gym i know what you mean about the leg pain ouchy ouchy ouchy i also have problems sleepin also i took a ZMA supp once upon a time it works wonders, it dropped me off into a deep sleep within 45mins or so, maybe u should check it out

i stopped taking coz i couldnt afford all the supps i wanted its definately on the list of things to buy for my bulk cycle though *looks longingly to the future* lol

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 01:51 PM
GJ @ gym i know what you mean about the leg pain ouchy ouchy ouchy i also have problems sleepin also i took a ZMA supp once upon a time it works wonders, it dropped me off into a deep sleep within 45mins or so, maybe u should check it out

i stopped taking coz i couldnt afford all the supps i wanted its definately on the list of things to buy for my bulk cycle though *looks longingly to the future* lol

hehe :).....Its almost 5am and i'm still not feeling the sleep coming :(. If i dont feel tired by six i'll have to force myself to get another 2-3 hours i guess...i'm only drinking water right now tho, i think it'd be a bad idea to eat.

skelooth
07-23-2005, 04:08 PM
K guys i pm'd fitnessman and asked him to take the picture of me and my gf down, because this is getting a little dumb :(.

I really didn't mean to make the thread about her...hopefully now it can be about the fatloss :O

Thx fitnessman :)

yup, you gotta be careful what you post and say around here... and I need to take my own advice. Unfortunately for a lot of us, our fat loss is very "emotionally charged".

JSmile
07-23-2005, 06:02 PM
SeanDon where are you located? Maybe members can come and support/lift with you?

SeanDon
07-23-2005, 11:48 PM
SeanDon where are you located? Maybe members can come and support/lift with you?

I'm actually in Asia, so i'm way out of the way :P

Its all good though...i find that when i'm alone with my music and the weights i lift a lot more intensely.

SeanDon
07-24-2005, 12:07 AM
I woke up late once again...for those of you following this thread, you'll notice i was struggling to sleep at 5:30am. I dunno. It'll come under control eventually.

Irregardless of the sleep i weighed in at 116.4kg and then 116.6kg this morning. This is back down to the lowest weight i've been in years. I know a bunch of it was water, but i believe some was fat too, because i had been 116.9kg and then went off my diet for 2 weeks, which brought me to 118.9kg. So yeah :)

Anyways its only 3pm, and i'm about to go out....i just had some oats, cottage cheese and a bit of peanut butter as an opener to the day. I'm gonna have that salad again later :) (chicken ceaser only with basalmic vinegar, and no cheese).

Alright....time to go out. I'll update this space again later with more info on my day. (I have to workout in the evening again because of time constraints...but honestly, my workout in the evening yesterday was MUCH better than the one i had in the morning the other day)

dolbynorth
07-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I woke up late once again...for those of you following this thread, you'll notice i was struggling to sleep at 5:30am. I dunno. It'll come under control eventually.

Irregardless of the sleep i weighed in at 116.4kg and then 116.6kg this morning. This is back down to the lowest weight i've been in years. I know a bunch of it was water, but i believe some was fat too, because i had been 116.9kg and then went off my diet for 2 weeks, which brought me to 118.9kg. So yeah :)

Anyways its only 3pm, and i'm about to go out....i just had some oats, cottage cheese and a bit of peanut butter as an opener to the day. I'm gonna have that salad again later :) (chicken ceaser only with basalmic vinegar, and no cheese).

Alright....time to go out. I'll update this space again later with more info on my day. (I have to workout in the evening again because of time constraints...but honestly, my workout in the evening yesterday was MUCH better than the one i had in the morning the other day)

awesome man, keep up the good work :)

SeanDon
07-24-2005, 04:37 AM
awesome man, keep up the good work :)

hey, thank you :)

Well its still the same day as my previous post, only now its 7:30pm....Today at about 4:00pm i had my chicken ceasar salad with basalmic vinegar :) Godly stuff...I always have to double check that everything in it is healthy, because it tastes really good....

At about 6:15pm i had a chicken breast subway sandwhich, 6 inch, whole wheat bread. I know some people dont think this is that great, but honestly i dont think its that bad :) There was a guy on this site that i saw recently who got cut up quite nicely eating one sub a day for one of his meals as well....

Its currently 7:30pm but i'm going to wait till 8:30 or even 9pm to do my cardio, since i ate at 6:15....It sucks that i have to do it this late at night, but i gotta get my sleeping in control. Tomorrow i dont have to go out though, so i will get my workout done once i wake up, which will hopefully not be at 2pm like it has been lately. I hope that changes real quick, because i'm about to go in to business with someone, and we all know running a business takes 10973019809 hours a day...cant' afford to be so tired.

After my workout i think i'll have dory fish + asparagus....I tend to have the whole piece of dory...it looks big but its really not that filling. Plus its very thin....I think its a good amount of protein, especially for a post workout meal.

Alrighty thats all for now...peace :)

Stand Ablaze
07-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Subway is decent when you need a healthy fast food meal, it definately beats munching down a McWhopperBucket (kfc burherking and mcdonalds ;))

The only things I would avoid in subway are the ham, salami, cheese, and white bread. There isn't a lot of difference in thier brown bread and white bread, but I prefere thier brown bread, and the ham and salami are just real crap when it comes to meat, the turkey is decent (a lot of sodium but dont worry too much about that). The only "unclean" part of subway i'll use is the BBQ sauce, because it goes really well with red onion :)

As far as your sleeping pattern goes, I have the same thing, I woke up 20 minutes ago at 4:30pm, because I'm up to 5am for some reason every night, I need to get it fixed and it would be good if you could too, and have more time in the day to spend. Going to start going to bed an hour earlier every night or so.

Good job on the initial weight loss, it's not as hard as you think, is it? :D

SeanDon
07-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Its not really hard to follow the lifestyle..I find myself excited that tomorrow is my upper body day....

The only hard thing for me is looking in the mirror right now. Sometimes when i'm working out i get so psyched up that i believe i'm already buff...looking in the mirror is a reminder...kind of like "oh". But at the same time i know that if i want to change whats in the mirror i need to keep doing what i'm doing...

I worry a little about my diet sometimes, because of little things like the subway sandwhich. But at the same time, i try rationalizing that i'm busting my ass in the gym, and the sub i have only has about 360 calories or so, which is what i need per meal anyways. So ...bleh.

Eventually i'll have to cut the sub out, but it keeps me sane right now :P

Be-Be
07-24-2005, 10:14 AM
That's my philosophy. Small steps to an ultimate goal. Worry about eliminating the turkey sandwich later as long as you are improving something else in your diet today. But the hardcores around here are all groaning at that advice.

I didn't look in a mirror any more than absolutely necessary for more than 2 years after I started working out. Actually, I avoided mirrors for the 10 years before that. What helped me was to just focus on what I was working out and block everything else. The drawback of that is that, 30 months after I started, I still thought I was obese. It's only been the last month that I've gotten a realistic picture of myself. (And now I get made fun of because I never miss an opportunity to look in a reflective surface.)

It's very encouraging that you are looking forward to your workouts. Keep up that enthusiasm and the desire to eat better will come because.

SeanDon
07-24-2005, 10:24 AM
It's very encouraging that you are looking forward to your workouts. Keep up that enthusiasm and the desire to eat better will come because.

are you thinking that i'm not eating good enough tho? Cuz i mean, there's no point in me eating the way i am if its not gonna help me lose fat :(

Badfrog
07-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Ah, glad to see that this thing is taking off. Better bust your ass SeanDon. People are counting on you. Kill those weights like a madman.

SeanDon
07-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I'M 115.6KG! HAH! WHOO! bam boom bip.

Skelooth may or may not remember a while ago that i was "plateaued" at 116kg. Well this morning i got on the scale and it said 115.6kg. I thought i read it wrong, so i got on again. I didn't read it wrong :D

Sweet! Technically this means that i can have my first free meal. However, its only been 4 days (today is the fourth) so i'm not going to take that meal until at least the 7th day....My next free meal will be when i hit 110kg.

Btw, i forgot to mention...the before picture i posted was from about 2 months ago when i weighed 126kg. Thats why i'm so happy that i'm at 115kg. I dont have any other pictures, so i had to use that one as the before.

You know this is sort of strange to me though...i went off my diet for about a week and a half to two weeks, and suddenly i break the plateau? Must have been one huge reassurance to my body that its not starving :D

anyways i just got up (12pm) and i'm excited at that....I weigh myself in the morning when my stomachs empty...like 3 seconds after i wake up. Well actually i go do the necessary things in the bathroom first, then i weigh. hehe!

anyways i'm gonna go workout. I'm psyched. hahaha. whoo.

Edit: I actually weigh 115.6kg when i have my shorts on. Without clothes i weighed myself 3 times and i got the following:

115.1kg, 115.1kg, 115.4kg

Sexy. As. Hell.

I'm really starting to see that i CAN in fact do this. I was stuck at 116kg for so long it made me fall off track...i wont make that mistake again.

Edit: It's 2:02pm and i just got done with my workout...I did 20 minutes cardio, then i got my chest and my biceps in...i was meant to do a full upper body workout, but i am feeling really lightheaded. I tried doing my shoulders and found i didn't have the strength. I thought it would be a good idea (And safe) to stop at that point. I'll have to do my triceps and my back tomorrow i guess, along with my lower body.

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-25-2005, 12:50 AM
congrats mate

keep it up!

dolbynorth
07-25-2005, 03:13 AM
blasamic vinegar is one,if not the best, dressings. and it tastes good on almost anything :) balsamic on a burger is great. just massage it in the meat when you add seasonings :)

as i said before, keep up the good work. and don't stress about eating to much, i mean don't eat TO much but don't stress.
And about weight, weight fluctuates, so if you are heavier than the previous day don't stress, just try to take it about 1 week at a time i suppose

Be-Be
07-25-2005, 04:37 AM
are you thinking that i'm not eating good enough tho? Cuz i mean, there's no point in me eating the way i am if its not gonna help me lose fat :(
Sorry, but there is. It's called the next 50 years. You got to develop these good eating habits now so that we don't go through this again. Do what you need to in order to get to the point where healthy eating is second nature. At that point you will not feel bad about an occassional bad meal because you know it won't hurt you overall. But you have to get your mind around all that and nobody knows what timetable your brain needs to make that shift in thinking.

So, strive for perfection and forgive yourself for your missteps. You are still going in the right direction.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 04:46 AM
Sorry, but there is. It's called the next 50 years. You got to develop these good eating habits now so that we don't go through this again. Do what you need to in order to get to the point where healthy eating is second nature. At that point you will not feel bad about an occassional bad meal because you know it won't hurt you overall. But you have to get your mind around all that and nobody knows what timetable your brain needs to make that shift in thinking.

So, strive for perfection and forgive yourself for your missteps. You are still going in the right direction.

This is true i guess, but at the same time i want to lose the fat. I mean my weight is going down, and i'm training hard, so i can only imagine that its working. I certainly dont think i'm eating too much.....i dunno.

2BShredded
07-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Hey SeanDon, good job over the weekend. Congrats on making your goal. As far as your food choices go I think you are fine. Like I have said since the beginning taking small steps is often times the better way to go. As time progresses you will want to change those habits even more. Eventually you will have a super clean diet with an occasional cheat meal. Remember that you are consuming somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 meals per week. If you cheat on one or two of those meals you are still eating clean over 90 % of the time. Compare that to before when you were probably eating bad 100% of the time.

As for your workouts and feeling light headed. You need carbs around your workout. Try to consume some oats and protein around 30-45 minutes before your workout and make sure you eat some fruit and drink a shake directly after your workout. This will help you stay energized during your workout. Also keep your workouts less than 1 hour. If your workouts are longer than that you need to reduce the amount of excercisies per body part until you become more acclimated to the training.

Keep posting and keep excercising/eating right. In fact I would like to see a daily recap everyday consisting of what you ate and at what times as well as what you did excercise wise. Keep up the good work.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Hey whats up....I think you're right about the carbs. I had a protein shake before i worked out, however it was only 20g of protein and 5g of carbs.

This is what i ate today:

1) Protein shake before my workout.

2) Chicken breast + Asparagus + oats (about 30 minutes after my workout)

3) Chicken breast + spinach fettucini (2 1/2 after my last meal)

Thats all i've had today, but thats because i woke up at about 12:30...i got done working out at 2pm. Ate....Ate again at 4:00pm, and then ate at about 6:30pm. Then my gf came over and we did some "cardio" so i haven't eaten again since then. ****, i should probably eat something...its 11pm :(.

Edit: My workout for today was this =

about 30 minutes after my protein shake i did 20 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer.

I took a 5 minute break after that and then did this:

Bench Press - 12, 10, 8, 6

Bicep Curls - 12, 10, 8

Upright Rows - 8 ....then i got really lightheaded. I felt really weak at this point...i was disappointed because my last upper body day, i got everything done and i was fine.

Edit #2 : I should also mention that if tomorrow i am still 115kg (which i should be, or even slightly lower...like 114.9kg, who knows) i'll let myself go to a movie and have some popcorn and a nice dinner with the lady....Then its back on track until i reach 110kg :O

2BShredded
07-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey whats up....I think you're right about the carbs. I had a protein shake before i worked out, however it was only 20g of protein and 5g of carbs.

1) Protein shake before my workout.

2) Chicken breast + Asparagus + oats (about 30 minutes after my workout)

3) Chicken breast + spinach fettucini (2 1/2 after my last meal)

Thats all i've had today, but thats because i woke up at about 12:30...i got done working out at 2pm. Ate....Ate again at 4:00pm, and then ate at about 6:30pm. Then my gf came over and we did some "cardio" so i haven't eaten again since then. ****, i should probably eat something...its 11pm :(.

Edit: My workout for today was this =

about 30 minutes after my protein shake i did 20 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer.

I took a 5 minute break after that and then did this:

Bench Press - 12, 10, 8, 6

Bicep Curls - 12, 10, 8

Upright Rows - 8 ....then i got really lightheaded. I felt really weak at this point...i was disappointed because my last upper body day, i got everything done and i was fine.

Edit #2 : I should also mention that if tomorrow i am still 115kg (which i should be, or even slightly lower...like 114.9kg, who knows) i'll let myself go to a movie and have some popcorn and a nice dinner with the lady....Then its back on track until i reach 110kg :O

yep, make sure you have plenty of carbs for your workouts. And when you go to the movie try to get the small popcorn. That way it is a treat but not an overload. Try some "cardio" at the movie, lol.

krustster
07-25-2005, 08:29 AM
10 months from know I will be glad to wear a black tank top. Not only for SeanDon but for myself.

I'm wearing one right now and I just read this topic :eek:

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 09:02 AM
yep, make sure you have plenty of carbs for your workouts. And when you go to the movie try to get the small popcorn. That way it is a treat but not an overload. Try some "cardio" at the movie, lol.

Lol....Only chance of that happening is if the movie is empty :O....Thing is i wont go overboard with it...I'll probably let myself have something i'm craving but not in the same amounts i used to have it. No point in that.

Be-Be
07-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Lol....I'll probably let myself have something i'm craving but not in the same amounts i used to have it. No point in that.
Good answer.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 09:13 AM
hehe yeah....I used to view free meals/days as binge fests but i just broke the 116kg mark...its the first time i've been 115kg in a while, and i really really really dont want to go above it :(.

I'll probably have some pasta....maybe a milkshake :D Milkshakes have a long history with me though....calorie disaster, but i'll stick to one, as opposed to the 3 i may have had before. Then a small or medium popcorn (the popcorn sizes here are a lot different than in the states.....a large here is basically a small there).

I do have a question though. Tomorrow is my lower body workout day, but my legs are absolutely killing me right now. I mean its painful to walk somewhat....I can probably get away with doing cardio and not injuring myself, but should i avoid working out my legs till the ache subsides? Its not a slight ache either, this really hurts...i sorta pushed myself rather hard. I want to get a good workout in tomorrow if i'm having a free meal, so i know i have to do something :(

fitnessman
07-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I do have a question though. Tomorrow is my lower body workout day, but my legs are absolutely killing me right now. I mean its painful to walk somewhat....I can probably get away with doing cardio and not injuring myself, but should i avoid working out my legs till the ache subsides? Its not a slight ache either, this really hurts...i sorta pushed myself rather hard. I want to get a good workout in tomorrow if i'm having a free meal, so i know i have to do something :(

You must listen to your body...Never, NEVER train a sore muscle.

Some light cardio is in order.

2BShredded
07-25-2005, 09:17 AM
hehe yeah....I used to view free meals/days as binge fests but i just broke the 116kg mark...its the first time i've been 115kg in a while, and i really really really dont want to go above it :(.

I'll probably have some pasta....maybe a milkshake :D Milkshakes have a long history with me though....calorie disaster, but i'll stick to one, as opposed to the 3 i may have had before. Then a small or medium popcorn (the popcorn sizes here are a lot different than in the states.....a large here is basically a small there).

If it is just a muscle ache then do a light workout. The use of your muscles will cause them to begin repairing again and may speed recovery.

If it is a pain like a tear or a pull then you should rest.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM
If it is just a muscle ache then do a light workout. The use of your muscles will cause them to begin repairing again and may speed recovery.

If it is a pain like a tear or a pull then you should rest.

Its a muscle ache, but a bad one, lol. I haven't worked out my legs like that in a long time though, so its expected.

I think i'll do what you suggest and just do a light workout.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 09:20 AM
You must listen to your body...Never, NEVER train a sore muscle.

Some light cardio is in order.

ah....ok i'll do that then. :) thx for clearing that up..hehe.

Badfrog
07-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I have to admit this is the first I've ever heard of someone having cheat meals after reaching a certain weight. Why not just have a cheat day or something of that sort one day a week and make it the same day each and every week (or only move it one day ahead or back, don't have one on Saturday and then another one the next Wednesday)? I mean heck, you just started this journal 3 days ago and your already having cheat food/meals? Remember, I'm not here to bash you. Some days it's going to hurt like hell not to have that bad food and pass it up, but it must be done on a consistent basis.

Also, please post exercises with weights,sets,reps. It will help to see what progress you are making in the gym. I can't lift if I don't know what I did the last time out.

As for the soreness. Stretch your lower body as much as possible. Do it every 30mins. Get as much sleep as you can and lift tomorrow. You don't have to go heavy, just make the rest between sets shorter to make up for that lack of intensity. Your muscles will loosen up after the first set or two.

I wanna see some ball busting **** going on in this journal. I want to see you cry in pain because you are going so hardcore. Ain't no time for wimpy crap. Mash that weight!

PS. I'm not responsible for any advice or information listed in this post or any other post made by "Badfrog". Please see your doctor or a health professional before undertaking any stressful physical activity. Results may vary.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 10:35 AM
I have to admit this is the first I've ever heard of someone having cheat meals after reaching a certain weight. Why not just have a cheat day or something of that sort one day a week and make it the same day each and every week (or only move it one day ahead or back, don't have one on Saturday and then another one the next Wednesday)? I mean heck, you just started this journal 3 days ago and your already having cheat food/meals? Remember, I'm not here to bash you. Some days it's going to hurt like hell not to have that bad food and pass it up, but it must be done on a consistent basis.

Also, please post exercises with weights,sets,reps. It will help to see what progress you are making in the gym. I can't lift if I don't know what I did the last time out.

As for the soreness. Stretch your lower body as much as possible. Do it every 30mins. Get as much sleep as you can and lift tomorrow. You don't have to go heavy, just make the rest between sets shorter to make up for that lack of intensity. Your muscles will loosen up after the first set or two.

I wanna see some ball busting **** going on in this journal. I want to see you cry in pain because you are going so hardcore. Ain't no time for wimpy crap. Mash that weight!

PS. I'm not responsible for any advice or information listed in this post or any other post made by "Badfrog". Please see your doctor or a health professional before undertaking any stressful physical activity. Results may vary.

You forget that i haven't only been dieting for 3 days. I've been dieting for about 2 months.

The reason i'm having a free meal at a certain weight is because then its not a matter of "oh i'm craving it, so i'll have it now" its more of "well if i want it then i have to work for it"...Yeah i may have gotten to 115kg rather quick, i wasn't expecting that. But 110kg is my next "free meal" zone. That one must be at least a month away.

skelooth
07-25-2005, 10:48 AM
i used to do that too, that if i got to x amount of weight, i could go eat y food. :)

But then i found doing it biweekly was more fun, lol. Now I hardly ever go off my diet ever, and if I do, its 300-400 clean calories. Don't get me wrong, I still crave ;) But I'd rather look good.

SeanDon
07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah eventually i'll have to do that as well, because i wont have to lose weight forever...However, for now i'm going by every 5th kilo. Keeps me in line. If i'm really craving something i just know i gotta work really hard to lose the weight so i can have it.

I think its a good thing.

I'll change it up once i hit 105kg or so

Carbonite
07-25-2005, 05:13 PM
hey congrats on the weightloss :D I really want that kind of moment to happen with certain people too....A lot of people used to be around me when i'd talk about weightlifting and losing weight....eventually everyone went their seperate ways (college, work, etc.) and i haven't seen most of them in a while. They're all coming back here at some point between December and April. I'd love to be done cutting at that point...that'd be nice :)

Go for it! Seriously you have a lot of support here and people are rooting for you. Wish I'd had the kind of support people are showing here when I was going through it, would have made me push harder knowing that people believe in me!

Keep it coming!

SeanDon
07-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Go for it! Seriously you have a lot of support here and people are rooting for you. Wish I'd had the kind of support people are showing here when I was going through it, would have made me push harder knowing that people believe in me!

Keep it coming!

yeah i'm lucky i guess...Thanks for your support though, it does mean a lot to me, even if most people think this is "just the internet".

SeanDon
07-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Alright...

Today was not so good. I weighed in at 115.4kg, which is the same as yesterday, so of course i allowed myself to have a free meal. It turned in to a free day, and basically .....i ate a lot.

Of course now i have a long haul to 110kg...i'm guessing this will take about a month to complete. If it happens faster than that i'll be surprised.

Other than the fact that i ate a lot today (yea i know you wanna know what i ate, i'll post it in a second) I found out that my belt is now too big for me. My pants are also too big for me :D This is a good thing! :)

Tomorrow will be my upper body workout day, because i had to take the day off from working out today, simply because my body was hurting like ****. I haven't ached like that in a while...It's significantly better right now (3am) so i assume it'll be gone by tomorrow.

Alright as for my pigout today:

Morning - 2 packets of ramen noodles

Afternoon - some lamb with veggies and rice (actually relatively healthy. The only thing that could possibly not be healthy about it is the gravy on top of it, but there wasn't a bunch)

Movie - gf and i shared a large popcorn...she ate more than half of it tho...crazy..

Post Movie Meal (hehe) - Milkshake with some cheese fries :(

Later in the evening - Cup noodles

Even later in the evening - A big assed bowl of pasta.

Alright..yes, i know, i had a bad day....But honestly i dont regret it. I reached 115kg and it took 2 months to do it, plus a long plateau at 116kg, which made me go off track for a week....so i feel i'm alright.

I can't cheat again until i hit 110kg....long time from now i suppose :)

Be-Be
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
That's a bad day? HAHAHAHAHAHA Compared to a couple weeks ago, that is is bloody brilliant. You're making progress.

Just remember, you don't have to drop weight every day to lose weight. You body naturally fluctuates water weight and that can easily be several pounds. In fact, weren't you supposed to throw away the scale? Go by how your clothes fit and how you feel the next time the arbritary number stays the same - they are the real indicators anyway.

Finally, remember that even if you don't drop any weight for a few weeks, at least you aren't putting it back on. That's progress too.

SeanDon
07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Well i know i wont be weighing myself tomorrow, because i expect to be back at 116kg again cuz of the water weight. That will just depress me.

2BShredded
07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Glad you enjoyed the day. That isn't too bad, just don't make it a habit. Seems to be a ton of carbs though. Anyway, get back on track starting now and you shouldn't notice any negative effects.

As a side note, what movie did you see?

Stand Ablaze
07-26-2005, 12:35 PM
As far as working legs goes:

If you feel you can't handle a leg workout, either have a light one or do some cardio, if it's very bad then take it off and let your body rest!

For example when I started lifting weights, I loved training legs because I got a huge pump from it, I still enjoy training my legs, but at one point when I started I could only train them once every 2 weeks (im serious) because for days I could not walk properly, I probably wouldn't have let them rest properly training them again.

The pain will die out, I don't even get DOMs whenever I lift now, unless it's a monster workout and I'm feeling brilliant and energetic where I add in another million sets and reps. Listen to your body and do what it needs, if you need rest then rest those muscles, if not, carry on :)

As far as cheat days go aswell, your doing better. That cheat day was nothing compared to what a "normal" persons intake a day, hell I use to put away 4000 calories on a normal day before I started this lifestyle.

SeanDon
07-26-2005, 12:41 PM
As a side note, what movie did you see?

Mindhunters :D

It's funny though because Jana was all "if its a scary movie , i dont want to go...you know i hate scary movies".

I said "come on, its about criminal profiling...its like an action thriller"

She got scared maybe 6 times....She hit me very hard :O

Overall the movie was alright though....nothing fantastic, but entertaining nonetheless :)

SeanDon
07-26-2005, 12:44 PM
As far as cheat days go aswell, your doing better. That cheat day was nothing compared to what a "normal" persons intake a day, hell I use to put away 4000 calories on a normal day before I started this lifestyle.

Hey...i hear you about the leg days. I think it was just the shock of not working them out that hard for so long...Plus i did cardio the day after my leg day, regardless of the pain, which probably made it a lot worse of a problem.

As for my cheat day....ick....I dont see how its not that bad, lol. I ate a lot :D....Granted i was planning on having more for lunch, but i ended up eating at the turkish restaurant my gf works at, because she had to stay there longer....she probably ended up inadvertently saving me about 1200 calories or so, lol.

But the two ramen noodles in the morning was quite a bunch...by the time i got to the movie i thought i'd explode. Which is how she ended up eating half my popcorn (i didn't touch it for like the first hour).

Ah well...Like i said...Long haul to 110kg ;)

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-26-2005, 12:57 PM
A long haul perhaps but your on your way and thats the important thing!! IMO your 'bad day' wasnt all that bad (imagine all the **** you cudda ate) enjoy your cheat days m8: you DESERVE them

peace

(dont stress the scales, throw them in the bin)

DJohnson
07-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, daily meals of two packs of ramen noodles are how I got up to my peak in the first place. :eek:

But seriously, 1 day isn't gonna hurt you, especially if you're gonna wait until 110kg before your next cheat day. Probably best not to weigh yourself though, lots of sodium in the noodles, let alone the popcorn. The scale will bounce. ;)

SeanDon
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah true....

Sigh its 4:30am and i'm only just getting tired. I'm thinking i may have to workout in the evening again as opposed to when i wake up, because i have to be out of the house by 2pm. Hopefully i get some damned sleep :(

SeanDon
07-27-2005, 08:10 AM
So i'm pretty disappointed with my diet today....It wasn't very bad, but it wasn't very good either:

Woke up at around 2pm (sleeping problems still) and had 2 whole eggs and a small bowl of oatmeal...took a multivitamin and some flax seed oil pills. Perfectly fine meal.

Later (about 5pm) i had sushi. Now sushi to me is not that bad, but i was STARVING for some reason, and i think i had way too much...But honestly i didn't eat till i was stuffed, just till i was satisfied. I'm not sure why i was so hungry at this point, but i figured i had to listen to my body. Just think i may have overdone it.....my gf and i had about 14 small plates between us. The plates usually have 2 pieces on them each....and i had maybe 6 plates. 2 of the plates had 4 pieces on them. Damned math.

Tonight i had a ham sandwhich with cheese on whitemeal bread. I ran out of wholemeal, and they have this bread here that apparently has the "taste of white bread, but the nutrients of wholemeal"...I dont like it, but i read the back and it only had 1g of sugar in it, so i figured it can't be horrible for one meal.

Thats all i've had today so far...its 11:10pm right now and i'm hungry, but i'm reluctant to eat, because i feel like i haven't done anything in the way of dieting today. Just a bad day in general. On top of that i didn't workout....no excuse for it either, my really pissy mood today just seemed to stop me from doing anything at all.

I hate today.

Edit: I have a question. Why is it that my mind tries to sabotage my efforts? What i mean is, i get genuinely ANGRY that i have to diet and workout sometimes. I dont understand it either because it'll hit me in waves of 2 days or something...then for the next week and a half i'll be highly motivated and go about my life as usual...then suddenly i get angry again.

The thing is, even when i'm angry , i keep saying "whatever, i know i want to look a certain way and i have to work towards it"...I just dont get why my mind does that. It ruins my mood and makes me really horrible to be around i imagine.

2BShredded
07-27-2005, 08:49 AM
You haven't been reading your goal sheet, have you?

If you are having trouble, read your sheet. I think something that would help you is to schedule EVERYTHING, meals, excercise, reading your goal sheet, etc. Once you adapt to that schedule it is very easy to follow. It will seem as though it takes very little effort, like a well oiled machine. Give it a try. Also, remember that it takes longer to break a bad habit then it does to start one. But you must replace one bad habit with a good habit. You can not just eliminate the bad habit.

Be-Be
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
We are our own worse enemies. It wasn't a horrible day at all and sometimes having two so-so days is a victory. You haven't used them as an excuse to breakdown and fall back on old habits, so you are still winning. Like I said before, this is a journey and it takes time to adjust your body and mind to do what you need to do. Last November/December I considered it a victory just because I didn't gain weight and maintained my exercise routine through the holiday. That is why I suggested altenate goals that weren't directly related to weight loss.

You're beautiful SeanDon and you're doing fine.

DJohnson
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Read you goal sheet more!

Every time you feel like having something unclean, read your goal sheet instead. Every time you don't feel like lifting or doing your cardio, read your goalsheet over and over until you do!

Oh yeah, and stay away from white bread, it's not the sugar you need to worry about, it's the fact that white flour is so easily converted into sugar in your body that it might as well be pure sugar. In white bread, pretty well all the carbs are white flour! :eek:

Personally I'd have to be feeling crazy to eat even whole wheat (as opposed to whole grain), if you can find "sprouted grain" bread which has no flour it's much better. You can almost replace oatmeal with it!

Oh yeah, and have 6 meals a day, that'll prevent you from getting hungry, thinking about food, snacking, over-eating at meals, etc.

New_Muscles
07-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Just wanted to say that I am following your thread very closely because we started out from about the same stats including the hot girlfriend.

However, I started out with a starvation diet since I was so uninformed at the time. I wish I could go back and do it properly from day 1 like you are doing.

I haven't started a journal yet but will be in near future.

GET-R Done!!!

SeanDon
07-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Hey all,

BeBe - I think you're right...i'm doing better than what i used to do. I'm currently eating this bowl of low fat yoghurt (small amount), and while i was getting it i remember the times when i used to binge on 3 or 4 burgers at a time from mcdonalds. Actually i think my record was 6 burgers....4 big macs and 2 cheeseburgers or something like that. Crazy as hell. At least i'm not doing that anymore...

2BShredded + DJohnson - You're right, today i didn't review my goals. Funny how obvious that was to you guys :D...i just read them and i can say i feel better. Actually, even though its 1am, i'm seriously considering working out (i have a setup at home). I didn't workout today so i could get it done, go to sleep, wake up and workout again :)....

The thing is guys sometimes when i'm eating, i feel like "Well ****, i want something that doesnt taste like card board"...and thats where things like subway or sushi come in. I think that they're relatively healthy (i mean the Japanese are considered the healthiest people on the planet, and they live on sushi :D ) but i still get really iffy about it after i eat them. Like i had sushi today, but i feel guilty about it, and i'm not sure why...Probably because it tasted good and satisfied me, and i consider that "Wrong" for some reason.

New_Muscles - I hope i don't disappoint. Do you have any pictures of before/after?

Be-Be
07-27-2005, 10:05 AM
We all get tired of the food - that's why there are so many threads about how to cook things in new or different ways. Go look some up. Your next "date night" can be experimenting... with new recipes.

lifequest
07-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Haha leg days are hysterical. It’s not so much the day after but the second day after that kills me. I walk around like an old man the whole day. When people got wise to my extreme discomfort all my friends started hitting my legs on Saturdays since I always do legs on Thursday :mad: I really don’t think sourness is a big deal though. I am sore somewhere every day but Sunday and Monday. I’m happy when I’m sore, I know I got the job done. Right now my chest feels like I took a baseball bat to the boob. During my week off it was actually strange to not be sore. I get extremely tense and just wanted to lift every large object over my head, throw it a great distance, and yell real loud.

But I hear ya on the just starting soreness. I wasn’t right for 2 weeks, it looked like I took a sledge hammer to the nuts and had a poll up my ass the way I was walking for a week after squatting for the first time in a year and a half. The more sleep you get the faster it goes away in my experience.

And I dono what you’re talking about Be-Be I enjoy my chicken and rice every time I eat it…mmmm….chicken. If you don’t want it to taste bland raid the spice aisle at Kroger…there’s a whole friggin isles of spices I’m sure any combination of a few will make my shoe taste awesome.

The fact is I don’t really like cheating anymore. I had like 20 wings the other day and seriously felt like vomiting for 3 hours after words. I like eating food I know are helping me. I guess I’m just weird.

So hows that goal sheet going? 3 times a day right?…RIGHT???? god damnit man if you’d just listen to me…DJ….2B we all know from experience that goal sheets will solve this problem

**”I have a question. Why is it that my mind tries to sabotage my efforts? What i mean is, i get genuinely ANGRY that i have to diet and workout sometimes. I dont understand it either because it'll hit me in waves of 2 days or something...then for the next week and a half i'll be highly motivated and go about my life as usual...then suddenly i get angry again.

The thing is, even when i'm angry , i keep saying "whatever, i know i want to look a certain way and i have to work towards it"...I just dont get why my mind does that. It ruins my mood and makes me really horrible to be around i imagine.”

You are angry because you are most likely comparing yourself to others. You’re mad that others don’t have to go through what you are and still look leaner. Which is a horrible thing to do. That’s why one of my goals is

“I have reach MY maximum genetic potential.” Meaning I look the best I can without surgery. Me, personally, look MY best…compared to no one but myself. I bet you already look better then you did 2 months ago.

Also you inspired me…Sunday at the store when I was buying those little propane tanks to grill my 30 chicken breasts I walked by the mens clothing section of walmart and saw packages of black tanktops…

I was like “what’s all this fuss about, might as well buy one”

Those things are great! next time I’m at the store I’m buying like 5 packs. I worked out in it yesterday and looked like a completely different person compared to my crappy white undershirts. You might have turned me into “that guy” that’s always walkin around in tank tops :D, keep on keeping on--LQ

SeanDon
07-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Also you inspired me…Sunday at the store when I was buying those little propane tanks to grill my 30 chicken breasts I walked by the mens clothing section of walmart and saw packages of black tanktops…

I was like “what’s all this fuss about, might as well buy one”

Those things are great! next time I’m at the store I’m buying like 5 packs. I worked out in it yesterday and looked like a completely different person compared to my crappy white undershirts. You might have turned me into “that guy” that’s always walkin around in tank tops :D, keep on keeping on--LQ

LOL you bastard! Stealing my style before i even get a chance to use it myself :O

I'm not sure if i'm really comparing myself to others as much as i'm just angry that i sometimes feel i can't enjoy myself when i'm out. I dont mean that all enjoyment revolves around food, but sometimes it just pisses me off when i have to say "nah i'm just having a shake" when people invite me to dinner. But just the same, no sacrifice, no results. I can live with it.

SeanDon
07-27-2005, 10:47 AM
LOL i just read the first page of this journal...I had my gf's picture removed , so all you have are the pictures of me looking fat, and the first response is:

US_Ranger : I'd hit it.

Jesus i laughed.

DJohnson
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Everything I eat tastes good except when I'm in a huge rush.

Oatmeal with blueberry Da Vinci calorie free syrup = awesome
egg whites with salsa = awesome
sprouted grain bread (no flour at all), toasted with 4oz chicken breast and a tablespoon of fat free mayo = awesome
2/3 cup ground up oatmeal and 1 scoop chocolate protein with caramel Da Vinci in big glass of water= pretty awesome
cottage cheese, plain = awesome, I love it, I dunno why

When I'm in a rush?
Dry sprouted grain bread with water and I drink a carton of egg whites. Yeah, doesn't taste so great.

And so on. You just gotta experiment until you like it. I've tried many things that ended up disgusting but in the end I have a bunch of healthy foods like I love.

Ordering some Da Vinci's over the net always helps. You can put it on/in a ton of stuff.

As far as spices I'm just getting into them, for me it's confusing figuring out what tastes good on what. I never even put pepper on things until maybe 6 months ago. :eek:

2BShredded
07-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I dont mean that all enjoyment revolves around food, but sometimes it just pisses me off when i have to say "nah i'm just having a shake" when people invite me to dinner. But just the same, no sacrifice, no results. I can live with it.
Tell ALL of your friends the efforts that you are taking to lose the weight. Ask them to not invite you to dinner. Instead, go do somethingelse like walk the mall or play some pool, I don't know what you like to do but something other than eating. There are other social activities to do. This way you won't feel deprived about not being able to order a BigMac. If you associate food with certain people then everytime you see that person you will want to eat. That person is a visual cue telling your mind it is chow time. Give it a shot, I bet it takes some time and hard work but the benefits out weigh the current struggle.

SeanDon
07-27-2005, 09:53 PM
I just woke up (12:50pm), and i weighed in at 118.0kg.

great.

I'm gonna go workout now

DJohnson
07-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I just woke up (12:50pm), and i weighed in at 118.0kg.

great.

I'm gonna go workout now

Weight is overrated. I weighed in at 221lbs monday morning and right now I'm 217lbs and I'll probably piss like 4 times while I sleep tonight. Water weight is good for you, embrace it. Just make sure you're doing everything to get rid of the real culprit: fat.

SeanDon
07-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I guess its just a real let down....I expected it, but i didn't expect to go from 115 - 118 in water weight....that just seems a little high.

I just ate 2 eggs and some lean ham with some oatmeal. I'm gonna workout later in the evening, since i have to go out soon, and i didn't want to workout on an empty stomach (i get lightheaded when i do that, apparenly :P ).

When i'm out, i was thinking of having sushi again, but not as much as yesterday, because i'm gonna make sure i'm not that hungry when i get there. Do you think sushi is an ok meal ? Its pre-workout anyways, so i figure the carb content is alright, as long as i workout intensely later...

and also, PICTURES DJOHNSON, PICTURES.

New_Muscles
07-28-2005, 04:13 AM
I'll probably piss like 4 times while I sleep tonight.

Aren't you a little old to be peeing the bed?

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Go ask your girlfriend about water weight. Because of hormones (read between the lines), I'm carrying 7 extra pounds from it this week.

New_Muscles
07-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Go ask your girlfriend about water weight.

It's a little early for a fight of that magnitude.

Me: Honey, what do you know about water weight?
Her: Are you saying I look fat? Do I look bloated?
Me: No, I just want to know about water weight and hormones.
Her: Yeah right! You are saying I look fat. If I am so fat why do you even bother being with me?
Me: I didn't say you were fat.
Her: Yes you did.

This would go on for the rest of day.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 05:06 AM
It's a little early for a fight of that magnitude.

Me: Honey, what do you know about water weight?
Her: Are you saying I look fat? Do I look bloated?
Me: No, I just want to know about water weight and hormones.
Her: Yeah right! You are saying I look fat. If I am so fat why do you even bother being with me?
Me: I didn't say you were fat.
Her: Yes you did.

This would go on for the rest of day.

This is too damned true.....

lifequest
07-28-2005, 05:30 AM
First of all:

Go ask your girlfriend about water weight. Because of hormones (read between the lines), I'm carrying 7 extra pounds from it this week.

:eek: AHHHH!! EWWWW!!!

That being said…

I dono what kinda sushi you’re eating, the few times I’ve tried it I had dry heaves, I can’t eat that stuff…give me a nice flame grilled stake over raw fish, smothered in white rice, wrapped in seaweed, then roled through fish eggs, any day. But the stuff I had was packed in white sticky rice…which IMO is equivalent to eating sugar. I’m sure the stuff you’re eating is higher quality but non the less white refined carbs a generally bad. That is definitely why you went up like 6 lbs over night. Every time I eat a high carb meal on my cheat day I go up 5-6 lbs, Friday I was 184, Monday I was 190, today I’m 185

Stop weighing yourself every day fool!!! :mad:!!! It’s only going to discourage you. The only reason I do is boredom. It has no effect on me. I don’t care if some stupid machine says I’m 190 lbs I look the same/or better, calipers went down(now less then 5mm on hip skin fold) and that’s all that matters. GOAL SHEET!!! READ IT!!! I KNOW YOU’RE NOT!!!

What kind of cardio are you doing?

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 06:14 AM
[QUOTE=lifequest]First of all:

:eek: AHHHH!! EWWWW!!!

That being said…

I dono what kinda sushi you’re eating, the few times I’ve tried it I had dry heaves, I can’t eat that stuff…give me a nice flame grilled stake over raw fish, smothered in white rice, wrapped in seaweed, then roled through fish eggs, any day. But the stuff I had was packed in white sticky rice…which IMO is equivalent to eating sugar. I’m sure the stuff you’re eating is higher quality but non the less white refined carbs a generally bad. That is definitely why you went up like 6 lbs over night. Every time I eat a high carb meal on my cheat day I go up 5-6 lbs, Friday I was 184, Monday I was 190, today I’m 185

Stop weighing yourself every day fool!!! :mad:!!! It’s only going to discourage you. The only reason I do is boredom. It has no effect on me. I don’t care if some stupid machine says I’m 190 lbs I look the same/or better, calipers went down(now less then 5mm on hip skin fold) and that’s all that matters. GOAL SHEET!!! READ IT!!! I KNOW YOU’RE NOT!!![QUOTE]

So mature, LQ. (Does anyone know how to make the rolling eyes smiley?) :rolleyes: [LQ was nice enough to tell me how to be sarcastic to him!]

Obviously, LQ, you've never had good quality sushi or mabye you have a complete lack of refinement. I guess you are awfully young to appreciate quality.

But back to Sean - we keep telling you over and over to ignore minor weight fluctuations. Your weight will never stop fluctuating so until you can come to terms with it - off the scale!

DJohnson
07-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Yeah, white rice is easily converted into glucose in the body and therefore you get the big insulin spike and therefore your body is really eager to pack on fat. If you're gonna have sushi save it for postworkout and make sure you get enough lean protein with it.

2BShredded
07-28-2005, 06:58 AM
By the way, not all sushi is raw fish.

LQ did you have any wasabi with your sushi?

fitnessman
07-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Seandon: QUIT WEIGHING IN OFTEN!!!

Once a week. Same time every time.

Do not make me E slap you! :D

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-28-2005, 07:27 AM
seriously...the scales must go in the bin...

as for boring food: i cover everything in lemon juice (usually a whole lemon) mmm - im a lemon juice addict) :D plus im sure you can find some low fat & (relatively) low carb sauce and spoon a lil in to your rice and chicken/other uninteresting meal the tiniest drizzle makes a huge difference

oh as someone mentioned following an exact plan really helps, the night before you should plan your eating and training e.g:

9 am protein shake & shredded weat
9.30 SAN V12
10 - training

post w/o shake, handful strawberries

11.45 200g chicken 1/2 cup rice 2 peppers

3: tuna sandwhich & protein shake (oh joy)
4 - work
7.30(break) tuna sandwhich & protein bar

etc etc

its just helpful to know what to eat and when to eat it: plus you can bash it all into fitday the day before and see if your meeting your macro and calorie needs

give it a try & stay positive

lifequest
07-28-2005, 07:40 AM
I had some sushi at a very nice japannese steack house because my friend said it was “amazing”. Still didn’t like it…and yes I has wasabe which was the best part. Just because I don’t like it doesn’t make me unrefined or inexperienced(be-be). I know a guy who vomits every time he tries to drink a protein shake, it’s hilarious. Some things just don’t sit well with certain people. Sushi makes me ill…I’ll stick to my chicken and brown rice:D

Also:

Weight is overrated.

eehhhhhaaaa :shivers:

Stop weighing yourself every day fool!!! :mad:!!! It’s only going to discourage you.

Seandon: QUIT WEIGHING IN OFTEN!!!

Once a week. Same time every time.

Do not make me E slap you! :D

seriously...the scales must go in the bin...

hmmm what conclution can we draw….:confused:

Peach
07-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Just keep at it Sean, scales are evil things, I'm pretty sure you didn't gain 3 kg over night :).
If you're having some serious sushi cravings, opt for Sashimi instead of the Sushi rolls. And also be careful with the soy sauce, that stuff is nothing but salt, which won't help with the water retention. What will help is extra water, drink lots today and tomorrow.

And personally I use hot sauce, different types of peppers, and salsa to make my food taste better, eatting healthy doens't mean bland ol' chicken and brown rice all day long.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 09:55 AM
So what you're all saying is, is that i should weigh myself everyday because its very important for psychological reasons, right?

hardeeharharhar ...ok ok i'll stop weighing myself, i got told. I'm joining in that little challenge of not weighing myself from august 1st to september 1st :P....

LQ - I do 20 minutes of cardio (which is gonna change to 25 minutes from tomorrow) but just medium intensity on the cross trainer. I'm pretty much dead tired at the end of it.

As for today...eh, i was trying to live "normal" and make judgements on food based on fat loss, but at the same time without severely restricting myself. Lets just say it doesn't work, and i've discovered that giving myself "luxuries" so to speak, is a sure fire way for me to fail. Jana is begging me to just stick to a diet and not give myself any free meals whatsoever until i reach my goal weight (as in my FINAL goal weight/look/size) because it messes me up everytime i take one.

I find that she's right. Since i had that free meal earlier this week i haven't had a very clean diet (at least not as clean as i was having it before), and i've not worked out in two days (although the truth about this is pure exhaustion...I seem to pass out during the day now, and i firmly believe this is directly related to me going a little soft on myself diet wise)

woke up - 2 eggs + bowl of oatmeal + flax seed oil pill + multivitamin

3 hours later - 6 inch sub on whole wheat bread, no sauces, just lettuce and tomato, and a slice of cheese for some fat.

Then we went to a movie, and i had a bit of popcorn. (this is where i said i'm trying to "allow" myself to live normally and have some stuff...i didn't eat very much at all, because i wasn't very hungry at this point...i had less than a small serving of it)

After the movie i had 2 plates of sushi (i was planning on working out once i got home, and was treating this as a pre-workout meal so i'd get my carbs in and all that)

I then got home and passed the hell out, lol. Now its 1am and i just got up (great way to reverse my sleep problems) and i haven't eaten since then. I'm thinking i'll try to get back to sleep soon and wake up early tomorrow, and lift/do cardio in the morning....

===Ever since i took that free meal i've been clouded by a few mistakes each day, the biggest being not working out....I've come to the conclusion , as i stated earlier, that i can't allow myself to have a free meal very often. (LQ!)I read my goals everyday (LQ!) and to be honest i feel horrible about my progress thus far...I'm considering tomorrow a fresh start (i like to say goodbye to the negative, and hello to another beginning) to the workout/diet week, and from here on won't have anything "Free" so to speak===

Yeah. My mind is my worst enemy guys, i can tell you that....It takes a lot for me to conquor old habits and thoughts, and i'm realising more (mostly because Be-Be has helped me come to terms with this) that its tiny steps that = a big step. So while i may not be doing fantastic by some standards, if you flash back to 3 months ago when i'd bring home 4 burgers at a time, then go out and buy 4 bags of chips to wash it all down with, i'm doing friggin great. I'm also wearing size 44 pants right now (2 months ago i was wearing 48).

and in one final note for this long post i'd like to say the following:

Fitnessman - Pls don't E slap me. Wait till i'm buff , then *try* it ;)

2BShredded
07-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Ok, so now that you know that those free meals are hurting you what are you going to do about it? What steps do you think are necessary to changing your habits? Which steps do you think are not necessary?

As for your food choices: They ARE better than what you used to eat, i will give you that. What type of meat was on your sub? Do you like oil and vinegar? I would rather see that on your sub than the cheese. Take the sushi advice about sashimi over rolls.

I still think you would have an easier time if you structured your day. Plan it out, meals, workouts, go here with Jana, sleep, etc.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=2BShredded
I still think you would have an easier time if you structured your day. Plan it out, meals, workouts, go here with Jana, sleep, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i'd like to be able to do that too, except that my sleep patterns are so borked. I need a way to "Reset" myself. Someone suggested staying up 24 hours and then falling asleep at the right time of day....I'm not so sure that'd benefit me much tho :O

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 10:55 AM
When I started I often felt that I was in a maze where I kept taking the wrong turns and by process of elimination was slowly making progress in the right direction. What you will find over time is the your definition of "real world" food will change and your attitude towards it will change. But it does take time. I hated to let go of a lot of it.

But you have a major tool in your fitnees/weight loss tool box that I didn't have and that I hope will make your journey shorter and more pleasant than mine was - this forum. Use it to your advantage for knowledge and motivation.

P.S. I still see the scale over there - go stick in a closet or something.

lifequest
07-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I noticed something. Most of your posts are full of excuses. ”I did this…it was bad but I did it because…bla bla bla”. Stop making excuses for yourself and/or complaining.

If you know sleeping is messing you up, solve the problem…sleep?!?!. There is no excuse for not working out for two day!!

The WORST thing you could say to me is “yeah, I was going to work out but I laid down on the sofa and slept instead….I wish I had been there when this thought process went through your head

“I have all these goal and I really want to improve myself, I need to go work out I ate a bunch of rice and should have a good lift…well look theres the sofa…I’m so tiered…I’ll just lay down for a second….ZZZZZZZZ

:mad:

I would have slapped you, after all the work, effort and encouragement we’ve all put into you, you say that??…

:mad:

You ether man up RIGHT NOW!!, grit your teeth, stop complaining/making excuses and do what it takes to succeed or recognize you can’t and stop torturing yourself. I think you have it in you but all this self doubt and negative reinforcement is keeping you from it.

Please let these last few days be a learning experience that you will not repeat and come back a new determined man.--LQ

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Please let these last few days be a learning experience that you will not repeat and come back a new determined man.--LQ

LQ, i'll do something that i only ever do when i mean it. There is no way for you to know how honest i'm being, but try to give me the benefit of the doubt. I only ever give my word to someone when i know i'll follow through...i never ever break my word. Ever.

That being said. I give you my WORD that i will do this properly. Dont worry about your hard work going down the drain and all that...it wont happen. I mean look at my picture man...i didn't get like that in one day, i need more than a month to change the habits that brought that out in me.

Dont worry LQ, Dont worry ;)

lifequest
07-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Alright!! :D ATTA’boy!! I just want this wishy washy BS to stop. I want you to know what you’re going to eat the next day...everyday. That will be your next big step, and go to sleep you fool it’s like 3 in the morning get it so you go to bed at 11 and get up by 8….seriously.

And I have what you just wrote saved and it will be throw directly in your face if I hear any more about you skipping workouts or cheating for no reason…I don’t take promises lightly ether….

DJohnson
07-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Eating like a normal person is for AFTER you reach your goals. While losing weight you gotta eat like a bodybuilder!

Make sure you wake up the EXACT same time every day.
As far as sleep goes my sleep patterns usually go like this:

Day 1: Sleep 8-9 hours
Day 2: Not tired, sleep 6.5 hours.
Day 3: Now I'm tired! Sleep 9 hours!

If I'm really tired on days I'll sleep 8-9 hours as many days in a row as I can, but I'm not tired I just shrug and say, well, I will be tommorow! I just make sure I get up at the same time I normally would.

Oh yeah, and there is no START and END for this, you don't need another month! You make sure your NEXT MEAL is one that I would applaud you for. Plus the one after than, and after that, and so on!
Don't miss another workout either!
AND READ YOUR GOAL SHEET AGAIN! :D

2BShredded
07-28-2005, 11:16 AM
...i didn't get like that in one day, i need more than a month to change the habits that brought that out in me.

The only problem that i see with this statement is that in order to break a habit it takes like 21 days of not doing that habit. So it is possible in a month. I haven't seen a solid week out of you yet.You had 5 good days and 2 bad ones. What does that tell you.

LQ brought up a very good point about excuses. You seem to be full of them. Why don't you stick all the excuses with your scale, somewhere where you can't get to them.

We don't mean to sound harsh. However, when people who have never met you try to help you by donating their time and knowledge that you have asked for you should use it. The information given to you has worked for so many others so why not go for it and give it your all, not half ass it.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 11:26 AM
The only problem that i see with this statement is that in order to break a habit it takes like 21 days of not doing that habit. So it is possible in a month. I haven't seen a solid week out of you yet.You had 5 good days and 2 bad ones. What does that tell you.

LQ brought up a very good point about excuses. You seem to be full of them. Why don't you stick all the excuses with your scale, somewhere where you can't get to them.

We don't mean to sound harsh. However, when people who have never met you try to help you by donating their time and knowledge that you have asked for you should use it. The information given to you has worked for so many others so why not go for it and give it your all, not half ass it.

ok.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I got myself a small notebook (small enough to fit in to my pocket) and a pen that i will carry around with me wherever i go. This means that whenever i sip a glass of water, or take a bite of something random, i'll write it down.

The first few pages will be my handwritten copy of my goal sheet, so that i can read them everytime i'm about to write what i've eaten.

I followed the advice of DJohnson and set my alarm for 7am. Yes it is 4am now, but i'm about to go to sleep and disregard the fact that i haven't had enough for now. It will only mean that my sleeping will be returned to normal tomorrow night.

When i wake up at 7am i will eat my first meal, then wait an hour before working out. During that hour long wait, i will prepare the rest of my meals for the day, and take two of them out with me, since i will be out from 3-8pm. If i'm thirsty while i'm out i will have water, and nothing else. I will save the diet drinks for when i'm at home, that way i can make sure i'm not "overdosing" on it so to speak, since i spend most of my 'active' day out of the house.

I apologise to those of you that are beginning to believe this is not something i can do, and wish to prove otherwise. Starting now i will not weigh myself until September 1st. This will keep me focused on "surprising" myself once that day comes around.

Thanks!

htxRed
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
is your hobby writing short stories? haha. care to add some cliffs next time?

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Good visualization for tomorrow. I remember having to write everything down. Helps you stay conscious of your eating decisions.

Who said we didn't think you could do it? We know you can or we wouldn't be giving you a virtual slap to the back of the head.

So that I have variety to what I drink during the day, I brew green tea every morning when preparing my meals and then ice it down in a insulated cup that holds 34 oz. You can buy flavored green tea bags or add your own to plain green tea. But don't try to drink it plain right away - it is an acquired taste.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 01:12 PM
is your hobby writing short stories? haha. care to add some cliffs next time?

Lol sorry, i like writing :). Next time i'll put summary notes, lol, just skip to the bottom to read them ;)

Summary notes for this post:

- Enjoy writing
- Will put summary notes

:D

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 01:14 PM
So that I have variety to what I drink during the day, I brew green tea every morning when preparing my meals and then ice it down in a insulated cup that holds 34 oz. You can buy flavored green tea bags or add your own to plain green tea. But don't try to drink it plain right away - it is an acquired taste.

Actually that acquired taste part is already done for me...I've lived in asia my whole life, and in Korea and Japan for 3 years....I'm in Singapore now, but while i was in Japan i probably had more green tea than the average Asian person would have rice. It was everywhere.

Thats one thing i wanted to ask by the way...If white rice isn't so good, then howcome the Japanese can live so well off of it? I mean there are Japanese bodybuilders, Martial Artists, Sumo wrestlers (k bad example), that i see eating white rice all the time, but it doesn't seem to hold them back too much....Then again i guess they aren't all cutting.

DJohnson
07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah, everyone's just trying to keep nudging you forward and forward until you're going forward fast enough. ;)

Stay strong to that sleep cycle. After a couple of weeks you'll probably find yourself waking up without an alarm minutes before it goes off.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, everyone's just trying to keep nudging you forward and forward until you're going forward fast enough. ;)

Stay strong to that sleep cycle. After a couple of weeks you'll probably find yourself waking up without an alarm minutes before it goes off.

Indeed.....However my DJohnson alarm just went off. It won't shut up...Its a real annoying "talking clock"...it keeps saying "SHOW ME THE PICTURES!!" "SHOW ME THE PICTURES!!" "SHOW ME THE PICTURES!!" damned alarm clock.

;)

lifequest
07-28-2005, 01:51 PM
....go to bed so that your sofa doesn’t call your name tomorrow when it’s work out time….

GO TO BED

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm trying! But i'm not tired at all :(....I'm working out at 7am irregardless of the situation. If that means i stay tired the whole damned day until i fall asleep tomorrow night thats fine.....The thing is, as LQ loves to point out, i fell asleep when i got home today....so i woke up at 11:30pm. Its now 5am... :( Hard to sleep again after that...

Even if i end up staying up till 7am and then working out, i'm still maintaining my schedule.

Btw LQ i just got done writing out my goalsheet in that small notebook i got....i made sure to capatalize this one:

16) I come on BB.com daily and update all the people that are routing for me and want to know how much ass I’m a kicking in this journey. If I quit, I understand that LQ will personally fly over here and kick my ass. Since he worked so hard on my goal sheet.

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
You need to get your body used to inactivity when it should be sleeping. So even if you lay there wide awake for three hours, it is still starting the reprograming effort.

Def2k1
07-28-2005, 03:05 PM

It's the truth. Happens to me EVERY day no matter when I go to bed. Up by 7:30/8am in the gym by 9:30/10am.

Man you really seem focused! Keep that dedication to your program! I think I speak for most of us here when I say "We want to see you do this!"

ezra
07-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I guess its just a real let down....I expected it, but i didn't expect to go from 115 - 118 in water weight....that just seems a little high.

I just ate 2 eggs and some lean ham with some oatmeal. I'm gonna workout later in the evening, since i have to go out soon, and i didn't want to workout on an empty stomach (i get lightheaded when i do that, apparenly :P ).

When i'm out, i was thinking of having sushi again, but not as much as yesterday, because i'm gonna make sure i'm not that hungry when i get there. Do you think sushi is an ok meal ? Its pre-workout anyways, so i figure the carb content is alright, as long as i workout intensely later...

and also, PICTURES DJOHNSON, PICTURES.

i usually add 10-12 pounds in water weight throughout the day.

when i wake up i am usually in the mid to high 180s... but by the early evening.. i am around 198-200. sometimes even more.. 202ish. weight is overrated.

DJohnson
07-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah yeah, I found some old pics, I just gotta take current ones. ;)

Any day now. My digital camera is in my dad's truck and he's not home.

Wow. That sounds just like "My dog ate my homework!".

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Wow. That sounds just like "My dog ate my homework!".

!!!! so true, lol!!!!

Ok.....check this out:

at 6:15am this morning i started my workout and i did the following (by the way i'm really weak, so...yeah)

Bench Press
- 40kg - 12 reps - too easy
- 50kg - 12 reps - just right
- 60kg - 6 reps - Difficult
- 60kg - 3 reps - V. Difficult

Bicep Curl (barbell)
- 25kg - 12 reps - too easy
- 30kg - 10 reps - just right
- 35kg - 3 reps - way too heavy
- 30kg - 7 reps - went to failure

Upright Rows
- 20kg - 12 reps - Moderately Difficult
- 27.5kg - 10 reps - " "
- 25kg - 8 reps - " "
- 30kg - 6 reps - went to failure

Tricep Dips (using a bench)

Abs
- 50 Upper body crunches
- 50 Lower body crunches

25 minutes Low-Medium intensity Cardio

Finished workout at 7:30am.

PWO Shake consisting of 20g protein and 5g carbs at 7:35am.

Going to eat my first real meal of the day at 8:35am and then every 3 hours from that point until i reach 6 meals.

ta da. :D I had a great workout.

DJohnson
07-28-2005, 05:51 PM
PWO Shake consisting of 20g protein and 5g carbs at 7:35am.

Yarr, thar be a terrible PWO shake matey.

Now, 20g of protein and 40g of oatmeal would be pro! Carbs after lifting are essential! Move it from other meals if you must!

Other than that, great workout! Don't worry about the weights, you probably lift more than half the guys in the teen forum who say they bench 300lbs. :D

Oh yeah, and have a copy of your lifts whenever you go to the gym so you know what you have to beat from last time. I bring a little folder thing with my every time I lift and record every lift. I used to not and ended up never getting anywhere because I didn't know what the number to beat was.

SeanDon
07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
yo yo yo!!

I decided i wanted to upload a picture of my breakfast, lol.

Here it is:

- small bowl of oatmeal (i'm not sure exactly how much it is :( )
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 slices of lean shaved honey-baked ham.
- glass of water

not pictured:

- another glass of water ;)
- multivitamin
- flax seed oil pill

--- DJohnson...Do you think i should mix some oats with my shake next time, even though i'll be eating this type of breakfast an hour later? Isn't that a little high on the carb side? :D Let me know :D

Be-Be
07-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey, that looks like my breakfast!

BTW - I lost 7 pounds today - imagine that. ;)

DJohnson
07-28-2005, 09:35 PM
You should have a 50g of carbs preworkout with around 25g protein, 50g post workout with another 25g protein and at least 50g of carbs and more protein more in the meal after. Around lifting and in the morning is when you need carbs the most. If you lift the morning you're killing two birds with one stone. Take the calories from other meals if necessary.

Now that I think of it, you better have had a pre workout shake or meal or I'm going to headbutt you digitally over the internet. If you're worried about the carbs just make sure they're oatmeal or something equally as good.

PS: That's a wussy small bowl of oatmeal anyways. ;)

Be-Be
07-29-2005, 04:30 AM
Just mixed choc whey and pb in my morning oatmeal for the first time. It is awesome - try that sometime.

New_Muscles
07-29-2005, 04:43 AM
You should have a 50g of carbs preworkout with around 25g protein, 50g post workout with another 25g protein

I understand the need for carbs pre-workout so you have energy to make it through the workout, but why after the workout?

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Whaddup people....i'm just updating my food log for the day (same day as the workout i posted above)...I still have about 2 meals left today...maybe 1, depending on when i feel like passing out tonight. This is what i ate today:

7:35am - PWO Shake - 20g protein, 5g carbs

8:35am - 2 whole eggs
- 2 slices lean shaved ham
- small bowl oatmeal
- multivitamin
- flax seed oil pill
- 2 glasses of water

I took a nap at 11:30 until 2pm, because i had been up all night, and wanted to rest at least a little before i went out...but between 8:35 and 11:30 i had 1/2 a liter of water.

2:35pm - Ham Sandwhich
- Flax seed oil pill
- glass of water

3:25pm - Pepsi Light
- 2 glasses of water (this isn't a meal, but i am writing absolutely everything i put in my mouth)

5:40pm - Myoplex Original (meal replacement shake) - 42g protein, 20g carbs.
- large diet coke

8:40pm (coming up as my next meal) i'll have half a halibut fish filet and some veggies.

Then i think i'll sleep around 11pm so i can wake up at 6am. :)

I think i did well...let me know if i should do something different.

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-29-2005, 05:07 AM
*shocked* excellent job on the eating bro :D

2BShredded
07-29-2005, 05:15 AM
AWESOME!!!
I want you to go back and read page 5. Notice anything about your posts? They are all gloomy and depressing. Now read all of your posts from page 6. WOW!!! what a difference. Doing a great job keeping your log and updating this thread. Keep it up.

As DJohnson said make those changes to your pre and post w/o shakes/meals. Definately increase the oats in your breakfast and try some canadian bacon instead of that honey baked ham.

GOOD JOB!!! I see that fire back in your eyes.

2BShredded
07-29-2005, 05:17 AM
I understand the need for carbs pre-workout so you have energy to make it through the workout, but why after the workout?
You need carbs to replace the glycogen stores. Your body used all of the stored glycogen during the workout.

lifequest
07-29-2005, 05:40 AM
First of all great job your not whining anymore and you are getting’er done:D

However, Maybe I’m just off here but I don’t think you’re eating enough. At 11:30 where the nap was why was their no food ??

I DO 40 G PROTEIN HALF A CUP OF GROUND OATS….DEFINUTLY AT LEAST ADD OATS TO THE SHAKE. GET A COFFIE GRINDER AND GRIND THEM UP AND THEY MIX WELL.

- 2 slices lean shaved ham - small bowl oatmeal
- multivitamin
- flax seed oil pill
- 2 glasses of water

ALTHOUG THAT BRACKFEST LOOKS AWSOME…WERE THOES EGGS FRIED…IF SO DON’T EAT ANYTHING FRIED, THAT’S A BUT RULE.
HAM IS NOT THE BEST CHOICE…IT’S A PRETTY FATTY MEAT. BIGGER BOWL OF OATS.

I took a nap at 11:30 until 2pm, because i had been up all night, and wanted to rest at least a little before i went out...but between 8:35 and 11:30 i had 1/2 a liter of water.

NAPS ARE JUST A CRUTCH I USED TO TAKE THEM ALL THE TIME MY LIFE WAS A SERIES OF NAPS. TRY TO WHEAN YOURSELF OFF OF THEM. ALSO THERE NEEDED TO BE A MEAL HERE!!

- Flax seed oil pill
- glass of water

5 HOURS SINCE YOU ATE LAST :MAD: AGAIN HAM IS NOT SO GOOD. WHAT KIND OF BREAD WAS IT? AND WHAT ELSE WAS ON THE SANDWICH?

- 2 glasses of water (this isn't a meal, but i am writing absolutely everything i put in my mouth)

- large diet coke NO FATS HERE?!?! EAT SOME NUTS ATLASET!

8:40pm (coming up as my next meal) i'll have half a halibut fish filet and some veggies.
GOOD!!!

Then i think i'll sleep around 11pm so i can wake up at 6am.

Again you did very well I’m just pointing out what can be improved this is obviously lightyears above wha tyou were doing befor. Keep it up--LQ

New_Muscles
07-29-2005, 06:25 AM
You need carbs to replace the glycogen stores. Your body used all of the stored glycogen during the workout.

What happens if I don't replace the glycogen store?

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-29-2005, 06:27 AM
*put simply* Your body will burn muscle & fat for energy predominantly muscle

so obviously is a bad idea

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 07:32 AM
First of all great job your not whining anymore and you are getting’er done:D

However, Maybe I’m just off here but I don’t think you’re eating enough. At 11:30 where the nap was why was their no food ??

I DO 40 G PROTEIN HALF A CUP OF GROUND OATS….DEFINUTLY AT LEAST ADD OATS TO THE SHAKE. GET A COFFIE GRINDER AND GRIND THEM UP AND THEY MIX WELL.

- 2 slices lean shaved ham - small bowl oatmeal
- multivitamin
- flax seed oil pill
- 2 glasses of water

ALTHOUG THAT BRACKFEST LOOKS AWSOME…WERE THOES EGGS FRIED…IF SO DON’T EAT ANYTHING FRIED, THAT’S A BUT RULE.
HAM IS NOT THE BEST CHOICE…IT’S A PRETTY FATTY MEAT. BIGGER BOWL OF OATS.

NAPS ARE JUST A CRUTCH I USED TO TAKE THEM ALL THE TIME MY LIFE WAS A SERIES OF NAPS. TRY TO WHEAN YOURSELF OFF OF THEM. ALSO THERE NEEDED TO BE A MEAL HERE!!

- Flax seed oil pill
- glass of water

5 HOURS SINCE YOU ATE LAST :MAD: AGAIN HAM IS NOT SO GOOD. WHAT KIND OF BREAD WAS IT? AND WHAT ELSE WAS ON THE SANDWICH?

- large diet coke NO FATS HERE?!?! EAT SOME NUTS ATLASET!

GOOD!!!

Then i think i'll sleep around 11pm so i can wake up at 6am.

Again you did very well I’m just pointing out what can be improved this is obviously lightyears above wha tyou were doing befor. Keep it up--LQ

:O

The eggs were cooked in a pan, but i used pam cook spray...so technically not really fried. I tend to cook everything in a pan with olive oil or pam...:P

The reason i had a nap today is because i stayed up all night last night so i could workout at 6am and get myself on a schedule...i'll be sleeping soon and waking up at 6am again tomorrow to do it all over again ;) and you're right, there was a meal due at 11:35am, but i didnt' want to eat and then go to sleep...:)

On the sandwhich i just had lean ham...whole wheat bread, but it has grains in it, so i figure its a bit better than plain whole wheat. As for the shake i can't remember if there is any fat in there :D I should carry some nuts around with me tho, for sure.

1 Question....When i wake up i tend to do weights first, then the cardio...should i be having a shake before this? As in with oats as well? Or just a pure protein shake...

I'm glad i can have a bigger bowl of oats, because i friggin love them. My family thinks i'm nuts now, because i crave oats like nothing else...**** i'm craving them right now :( But i cant have them :( DAMN YOU LQ! OATS WILL BE MINE.

---Ok tomorrow i'm going to go to the grocery store and look for some other forms of protein that i can have in the morning....I hear turkey bacon is ok, is this true? Anyways, I still have some Ham left so i'll use it tomorrow, since its all i've got, but i'll try to cut down on it a bit after that.

**** i can't get oats off my mind. mmmmmm....oats......

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
*shocked* excellent job on the eating bro :D

Thx you :) I was telling Jana today actually that i've never felt as good as today, and this is including the fact that i didn't get a good nights sleep. Just working out in the morning gave me this different feeling that i dont usually get....And it felt nice to have breakfast at breakfast time, not 2pm :D

AWESOME!!!
I want you to go back and read page 5. Notice anything about your posts? They are all gloomy and depressing. Now read all of your posts from page 6. WOW!!! what a difference. Doing a great job keeping your log and updating this thread. Keep it up.

As DJohnson said make those changes to your pre and post w/o shakes/meals. Definately increase the oats in your breakfast and try some canadian bacon instead of that honey baked ham.

GOOD JOB!!! I see that fire back in your eyes.

Thanks man :) Yeah i was making excuses and such back on page 5, but now i have things under control....I'm also not weighing myself , which is helping very much on the psychological side of things. I'll weigh myself on September 1st and i hope to be surprised by the number i see...I have looked EVERYWHERE in this country for calipers, but i can't find them, and testing bf% is really expensive, so i'll save that for a bit later :D

Ahhh...feeling good

lifequest
07-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Turkeys, buy a 10 lbs turkey breast and cook it, I ate that for like 4 months and I practically pissed the weight off. I want you to put all your meals in fit day,. I don’t think you have near enough calories.

Go buy a grill (a camping grill cost 20 bucks) and grill chicken breasts and steaks. I eat 2-3 grilled chicken breasts mixed with grilled sirloin and rice every day.

Personally when I had to work out in the early am I didn’t eat anything and when I did squats I literally almost passed out and lost vision for 10 seconds…so IMO yes you should eat in the morning. Maybe just one scoop ground oats one scoop whey then wait like 20-30 minutes and go workout? I run in the morning and lift in the evening so I’m not entirely sure.

Buy a coffee grinder and put oats in everything...mmm….oats….also make sure you get “old fashioned” not “one minute or instant” oats these are refined and not as good as old fashioned. Go to bed--LQ

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 07:41 AM
On a side note...I cooked the halibut filet tonight, in olive oil and i covered it with this "organic curry powder"...everything on the back is organic, aka healthy :D....man it tasted so nice. I put some asparagus in there too and mixed it all up together...mmmmm....fishh......mmmm...

I find that if i'm craving something, i should find an alternative for it. I crave curry, so i found organic curry powder and made something curry-flavored, that isn't unhealthy ;) Score!

btw, If i "fry" things in a pan with either pam spray or olive oil, this isn't bad is it? I find it tastes the best when i do this...and i'm not a very fancy chef, so its convenient ;)...Let me know if its a bad idea though, because i'll stop immediately.

Oh and, you shouldn't all be shocked that i'm doin this right, i gave LQ my word :)

gah ...must...stop...typing..

2BShredded
07-29-2005, 07:49 AM
On a side note...I cooked the halibut filet tonight, in olive oil and i covered it with this "organic curry powder"...everything on the back is organic, aka healthy :D....man it tasted so nice. I put some asparagus in there too and mixed it all up together...mmmmm....fishh......mmmm...

I find that if i'm craving something, i should find an alternative for it. I crave curry, so i found organic curry powder and made something curry-flavored, that isn't unhealthy ;) Score!

btw, If i "fry" things in a pan with either pam spray or olive oil, this isn't bad is it? I find it tastes the best when i do this...and i'm not a very fancy chef, so its convenient ;)...Let me know if its a bad idea though, because i'll stop immediately.

Oh and, you shouldn't all be shocked that i'm doin this right, i gave LQ my word :)

gah ...must...stop...typing..
As you refine your diet you will also refine your cooking methods. You will get comfortable in the kitchen and try new things. It just takes some time.

As for frying everything in a pan I think you are fine, as long as you are meating your caloric needs. I pan fry almost everything because I like to use fresh garlic and mix a lot of things together( veggies with meat). It is easier to just have it all in front of you at the stove as opposed to the stove and the grill. Like LQ said earlier use fitday.com as a tracking device. It will take a week or so to get used to it but then it's just easy to use.

Check out the recipes thread for some ideas and do a search for grocery lists to get ideas of what others eat as well.

Be-Be
07-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Gosh, we know what we're talking about? *Gasp*

Glad you are feeling better - proper nutrition makes a huge difference. Eventually you won't want unhealthy food because you'll realize how horrible it makes you feel.

Sidenote - don't know if I'm just more aware of it or what, but there seem to be a lot more people wearing black tanks at the gym lately. Maybe you have a bigger fan base than just us. :D

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
If i "fry" things in a pan with either pam spray or olive oil, this isn't bad is it?

Neh its not so bad i fry quite a lot of stuff its just so much easier - you can chop up any number of vegetables and all manner of meats poultry and fish drop it in the wok and let it fryyyy (in a lil olive oil).

sometimes i make 4 meals worth of food and just eat it at my leisure, boring yes, but its better than cooking all the time

*should go and learn how to cook properly*

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
You should have a 50g of carbs preworkout with around 25g protein, 50g post workout with another 25g protein and at least 50g of carbs and more protein more in the meal after. Around lifting and in the morning is when you need carbs the most. If you lift the morning you're killing two birds with one stone. Take the calories from other meals if necessary.

Ok its 6:15am right now and i'm freaking out a little bit....I'm currently eating a bowl of oats that are meant as my pre-workout shake...i just drank the whey, which is about 20g of protein, and on my package of oats it says 100g = 54g of carbs which = 1 serving. I weighed out 100g and it seems like so much....Are you sure this is right? And i'm meant to have this 3 times, today alone? .....this seems almost...wrong....someone calm my nerves :P

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 05:20 PM
ok i'm freaking out,.....

i had a great workout but look, my PWO shake is like 400 calories....346 + 110 so 456 calories from oats and whey....multiply that by 2 and you get 912. And i haven't even had my first meal yet?

this can't be right =(

panjt
07-29-2005, 05:26 PM
ok i'm freaking out,.....

i had a great workout but look, my PWO shake is like 400 calories....346 + 110 so 456 calories from oats and whey....multiply that by 2 and you get 912. And i haven't even had my first meal yet?

this can't be right =(

man, I have the same issue. Just make sure that your overall intake in term in calories is good. Make sure that u have most of your carbs around your workout. carbs are like gold, you don't want to waste them. Eat them when u need them, before and after your workout. Your reaction is a natural reaction, but u have been here enough to know that carbs are your friends. U need to eat if you don't want to end up skinny fat.

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah i agree with that, but my BMR is 2404....so basically i need 1900 calories....which means if i've had 900+ in two shakes, and i need to eat again in an hour and have another 346 calories worth of carbs and i'm not sure how many in protein (2 eggs worth)...thats a lot.

I'm gonna be left with basically no calories. I just feel like the math is wrong....Its only 8:35am.....so if i eat at 9:35am and have lets say....450 calories total....that means i've had a total of 1362 calories already. So i have 462 calories left to fill out a full day?

like i said, this can't be right =(

skelooth
07-29-2005, 05:47 PM
a PWO shake IS a meal

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-29-2005, 05:47 PM
is that your base metabolic rate based on your excercise level as well? i know its probably a stupid qs just it seems v low try this link to work out/ check your bmr:

http://michaelandkendra.com/BMRCALC/bmrcalc.htm

panjt
07-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah i agree with that, but my BMR is 2404....so basically i need 1900 calories....which means if i've had 900+ in two shakes, and i need to eat again in an hour and have another 346 calories worth of carbs and i'm not sure how many in protein (2 eggs worth)...thats a lot.

I'm gonna be left with basically no calories. I just feel like the math is wrong....Its only 8:35am.....so if i eat at 9:35am and have lets say....450 calories total....that means i've had a total of 1362 calories already. So i have 462 calories left to fill out a full day?

like i said, this can't be right =(

Man, I don't care what is your BMR so to speak, you cannot cut on a 1900 diet. no way, it is too low. I am 192-194 and I cut on a 2300-2500 calorie range. U are bigger than me, u should definitively cut on a 2500 calorie diet. MAn 1900 is too low, what are you gonna do when u will plateau cause u will for sure. Start with 2500 cal and adjust as u go .

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 06:00 PM
a PWO shake IS a meal

Yeah i get that, but the thing is that one is about 30 minutes before a workout, another immediately after...then an hour later another one.

right now its only 9am.....i'm eating in 30 minutes. So thats 3 meals....

My BMR is without exercise....But 2500 seems a little high for me -=\...i'll see i guess.

lifequest
07-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Damnit…I ate 2500 my whole cut and now I’m eating like 3000 and still getting leaner. Don’t fight your metabolism, use it. I have mine running so fast now I get ill if I don’t eat every 3 hours. I was 202 23% bf at my biggest you are more then that and need to be eating at least 2500 cals…probably more

BURN THE FAT FEED THE MUSCLE!!!

You might want to invest in that book so you understand exactly why...I think every one of us here have…

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-29-2005, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=panjt]you cannot cut on a 1900 diet. no way, it is too lowQUOTE]

if 1900 is hard now imagine when you plateu and need to lower it you'd be at 1700..1600

SeanDon
07-29-2005, 06:12 PM
ok true.

I'll eat every 3 hours and write it all down, then calculate how many calories i had....then i can dink with it at that point.

IWANT2LIFTBIG
07-29-2005, 06:14 PM
good job dude post it all up later

New_Muscles
07-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Just posted my Journal thanks to the inspiration of SeanDon.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6534362#post6534362

I need to come up with goals before LQ gets on my ass.

New_Muscles
07-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Damnit…I ate 2500 my whole cut and now I’m eating like 3000 and still getting leaner. Don’t fight your metabolism, use it. I have mine running so fast now I get ill if I don’t eat every 3 hours. I was 202 23% bf at my biggest you are more then that and need to be eating at least 2500 cals…probably more

BURN THE FAT FEED THE MUSCLE!!!

You might want to invest in that book so you understand exactly why...I think every one of us here have…

I have this on e-book and can email it to you if you PM me your email address.

lifequest
07-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Just posted my Journal thanks to the inspiration of SeanDon.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6534362#post6534362

I need to come up with goals before LQ gets on my ass.

Hahaha that’s hilarious I went there before you posted that and said write a goal sheet…am I that predictable…not sure how I feel about that :rolleyes:

panjt
07-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Sean D, if I was you, I will establish a planning of exactly what you have to eat at every time and try hard to eat only these stuffs. At leat from the beginnig, this help you to figure out exactly how your body reacts to some stuffs, it may seems parano, but I think that this is the way to go. At least in the begining no more I went to the subway and i ate an healthy meal. Even though it may be true that you te an healthy meal, u won't eat that every day and u won't know how your body respond to different things. try to keep your food intake as exact as possible day in and day out, so when u are on a plateau or something is not working, u can go back and see what is wrong. Use the experience of others here and u will kick this fat loss. If I was you i would start cutting with around 2800, until u get on a plateau, after you cut down 100 cal and s forth because u will get on a plateau sooner than later, but you have to trick your body. TO be on asafe side as I told you, eat your carb around your workout, u will be fueled to bust your ass in the gym. Again, set up a constant food log for the fist weeks, stick to eat like a parano, u will see our your body respond and you will make the adjustments later.

SeanDon
07-30-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey peoples.....

Ok today i had my lower body + back day , and my 25 minutes of cardio ;)....I wont bother posting the weights on the lower body, because until August 11th i'm using my home setup, so i'm not really using that much weight....i just do the exercises hard enough that i can barely walk at the end of it...I had a very good workout though. In fact i was wearing this plain white shirt, and not one spot on it was dry when i was done....you could even see my beautiful manboobies through them. Thx god i didn't wear that to the gym, lol....

Food:

6:15am - PreWO shake which consisted of 54g carbs and 20g protein (maybe a bit more because i made this one in skimmed milk)....

Started my workout at 7am.

8:35am - PWO shake, same as above, only i made it in water. I dont actually put the oats in the shake though, i just eat them from a bowl....mainly because i love oats :D

9:35am - 54g carbs and 2 eggs for breakfast. I was originally planning on having maybe 4 egg whites, however, i only had 2 eggs left! a disaster! oh my! So i had the 2 eggs and enjoyed them all the same ;)

LQ Blood Pressure Warning Here===

I took a nap at 11am - 3pm (i obviously didn't get enough sleep last night, or i wouldn't have been so unbelivably tired....i'm going to sleep earlier tonight to rectify this)

3:20pm - Ham Sandwhich on Whole Grain Bread...Again Ham is all i have in my house at the moment, and i'm going with Jana to the grocery store tomorrow, so i'll stock up on Tuna and Chicken...and other fish. I love fish.

6pm - Chicken Ceasar Salad only with Basalmic Vinegar, no cheese and no croutons.
- pepsi light

Its now 7:44pm and i'm due to eat at 9pm. I'm just going to have 2 scoops of my protein shake , so that'll be 40g of protein and 10g carbs. I'm most definitely not hungry. Today i actually said out loud "oh **** i have to eat AGAIN?!"

I had a good day.....the only negative thing i can see here is my nap, but like i said, i'm going to go to sleep an hour earlier and see if that works better for me. If not, i'll go to sleep yet another hour earlier tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is just a plain cardio day, so i may actually wake up at 7am instead of 6am, and just workout on an empty stomach. Then eat right after :)

alright, thats it for my short-novel today

Be-Be
07-30-2005, 04:51 AM
I know everybody else has said this, but great attitude.

SeanDon
07-30-2005, 05:20 AM
I know everybody else has said this, but great attitude.

Honestly, i think its from reading my goal sheet 3 or 4 times a day and picturing all the goals as truth. The one that makes me smile the most is "my chest is huge, my arms are huge, i can see my abs for the first time" one...makes me smile knowing how great thats going to feel.

ezra
07-30-2005, 05:35 AM
suggestion: i find it easier if i plan out my meals for the day beforehand. that way as long as i follow it.. i can always make sure that i won't mess up. just an idea.

obviously this doesnt work if you go out and such. so it might not be feasable.

keep up the good work!

Stand Ablaze
07-30-2005, 06:03 AM
Naps are good :)

A lot of people have a quick nap after workouts and so on if they don't get enough the night before.

skelooth
07-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Yeah i get that, but the thing is that one is about 30 minutes before a workout, another immediately after...then an hour later another one.

right now its only 9am.....i'm eating in 30 minutes. So thats 3 meals....

Why would you do that? You should not need to eat a shake anymore than once a day on lifting days. The rest of the time you should be eating real solid food :)

SeanDon
07-30-2005, 06:51 AM
Why would you do that? You should not need to eat a shake anymore than once a day on lifting days. The rest of the time you should be eating real solid food :)

?

pre-workout

post-workout

Be-Be
07-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Honestly, i think its from reading my goal sheet 3 or 4 times a day and picturing all the goals as truth. The one that makes me smile the most is "my chest is huge, my arms are huge, i can see my abs for the first time" one...makes me smile knowing how great thats going to feel.
LQ will be proud.

DJohnson
07-30-2005, 03:25 PM

After the workout is for BUILDING the muscles! You need the insulin from the carbs so that your muscle will grow. No carbs = no grow, not only that but right after lifting cortisol levels are high in your body, cortisol loves to eat away muscle. Only insulin can get rid of the cortisol, and the best way to get insulin? Carbs. Two birds with one stone.

1 Question....When i wake up i tend to do weights first, then the cardio...should i be having a shake before this? As in with oats as well? Or just a pure protein shake...

200 calories of oats, 100 calories of protein sounds just great!

Ok its 6:15am right now and i'm freaking out a little bit....I'm currently eating a bowl of oats that are meant as my pre-workout shake...i just drank the whey, which is about 20g of protein, and on my package of oats it says 100g = 54g of carbs which = 1 serving. I weighed out 100g and it seems like so much....Are you sure this is right? And i'm meant to have this 3 times, today alone? .....this seems almost...wrong....someone calm my nerves :P

You want your calories to be 2:1 carbs to protein for pre and post workout. So 200 calories of carbs and 100 calories of protein is great. Get as close as possible.

Lay off the skim milk for the best results. It's not essential but milk contains lactose which isn't good for replenishing energy stores in muscles. 1 cup is 100 calories and it's not filling too, I only use it if I'm too full to finish the rest of the calories I need.

?

pre-workout

post-workout

Lol, ok, TWICE, Mr. Technical.

Oh yeah, and sorry, but curry powder fairly high calories and full of fat. Weird, I know. Count the calories on it at least.

BMR IS NOT WHAT YOU BURN IN A DAY. It is what you would burn a day if you were in a coma, you are not in a coma, even your mind functioning properly burns calories. Multiply your BMR by 1.5 and that's what you get with activity, then add your weights and cardio and that's how much you burn in a day.

SeanDon
07-30-2005, 10:39 PM
The curry powder i used isn't technically a curry powder. Its literally a whole bunch of herbs mixed together...there's basically nothing in it. I checked it twice :P....Now the OTHER curry powder i have has like 31908098098g of fat ;)

Its 1:39pm and i just woke up (!!!!)...apparently i didn't set my alarm properly and i woke up naturally at this time. I guess that shows how tired i actually was. Anyways i thought i'd check my journal before i worked out.....peace ;)

Edit: Its the 31st of July here meaning that for me the August Fat Loss challenge starts tomorrow ;)...since i'm not supposed to weigh myself from the 1st to the 1st, i figured i'd weigh myself today :P

I weighed 4 times....115.1kg, 115.2kg, 115.1kg, 115.1kg. w00t.

SeanDon
07-30-2005, 11:38 PM
So i just did my cardio and nearly threw up after :(...i was so certain i was going to puke that i sat in front of the toilet just waiting for it to happen...But then i got really dizzy and lay down on my back, and the nausea went away.

My guess = cardio on an empty stomach = bad. could be wrong though.

HatesFat
07-30-2005, 11:44 PM
So i just did my cardio and nearly threw up after :(...i was so certain i was going to puke that i sat in front of the toilet just waiting for it to happen...But then i got really dizzy and lay down on my back, and the nausea went away.

My guess = cardio on an empty stomach = bad. could be wrong though.

Intense cardio on a full stomach is even worse man... I once ate a big meal before my MMA class and almost fainted... I think whey with milk 30-40 minutes prior to cardio should do the trick though.

SeanDon
07-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah i think thats why on lifting days when i do both lifting AND cardio i dont feel sick...because i have something to eat/drink before it....I think i'll do what you say and have some whey before i do cardio on cardio only days now though....nausea really sucks

SeanDon
07-31-2005, 04:45 AM
Alright fellas and ladies, here was my day:

Woke up at 1:30pm (bleh, alarm didnt' go off)...did cardio for 25 minutes (after i woke up a little bit....i made the mistake of not eating though, which is why i got nauseas after cardio)...

2:30pm = 1 scoop of whey
small bowl of oatmeal
multivitamin
flax seed oil

5:40pm = Bottle of water (500ml)
6 inch chicken sub on whole wheat bread, no sauces...just lettuce + tomato

8pm (it is not 7:40pm, so this is my next meal coming up) - Dory fish filet + veggies...i'll cook it in olive oil for fat content.

I'm not sure if i'll eat again after that....I know its not enough food, but i dont want to stay up later to eat again, because i got to get back on my 6am schedule. I was really pissed off when i saw it was 1:30pm....but on the plus side, i guess i was THAT tired, and needed the rest. All in all it was a great day though....great diet wise, great workout wise.....and i put on a shirt today that a month ago was way too tight...it fits me fine now, and i wore it out the house ;) score :D

Be-Be
07-31-2005, 05:36 AM
I always have to have something in my stomach before cardio - but not too much. That's one you'll have to figure out by trial and error.

What do you consider a "small bowl" of oatmeal? For me that's 1/2 cup but for someone else it could be 1 - 2 cups. I'm asking because in one case it isn't enough but it could also be to much. Specifics please.

Gorilla King
07-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Dude, I hear you on the shirt thing. I was thrilled once my clothes started fitting better. For the most part I didn't wear certain clothes because my moobs were too noticeable and I was self conscious about it, but now, they've all but flattened out and I can were my clothes with confidence. Of course, now most of them are too big, but I'm going to hold back on buying new ones until I've completed cutting. Good job though Don Mon'. Keep on keepin' on.

ellipticer
07-31-2005, 05:55 AM
Dude, I hear you on the shirt thing. I was thrilled once my clothes started fitting better. For the most part I didn't wear certain clothes because my moobs were too noticeable and I was self conscious about it, but now, they've all but flattened out and I can were my clothes with confidence. Of course, now most of them are too big, but I'm going to hold back on buying new ones until I've completed cutting. Good job though Don Mon'. Keep on keepin' on.

You should reconsider about your clothes. At least buy some cheap stuff that fits; you'll look better in the right size and you shouldn't give yourself room to fall back. If you still have the larger jeans in your closet, there isn't much incentive to keep the weight off.. but if you get rid of them, you have nowhere to go but down. I always keep a smaller pair of jeans as well so you know when you're making progress.

Gorilla King
07-31-2005, 06:07 AM
You should reconsider about your clothes. At least buy some cheap stuff that fits; you'll look better in the right size and you shouldn't give yourself room to fall back. If you still have the larger jeans in your closet, there isn't much incentive to keep the weight off.. but if you get rid of them, you have nowhere to go but down. I always keep a smaller pair of jeans as well so you know when you're making progress.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'll try to go pick up a pair of jeans today. I've dropped for a 44" waist to 38" since I've started and I'm just about to 36". It feels good. And the best part is, I can actually find my size in stores now! Well, at least in "trendy stores".

Be-Be
07-31-2005, 06:14 AM

I second that. As soon as stuff is loose on me, I buy some clothes that are a little too tight. Then I throw out everything that is too big. Burning the bridge so to speak.

Gorilla King
07-31-2005, 06:18 AM
I second that. As soon as stuff is loose on me, I buy some clothes that are a little too tight. Then I throw out everything that is too big. Burning the bridge so to speak.

I would burn the bridge, but money is tight right now so if I did that I'd be running around naked on the other side. ;)

Be-Be
07-31-2005, 06:23 AM
I would burn the bridge, but money is tight right now so if I did that I'd be running around naked on the other side. ;)
Do you have your picture posted? I'll volunteer to take a look and let you know if that would be okay. ;)

Gorilla King
07-31-2005, 06:35 AM
Do you have your picture posted? I'll volunteer to take a look and let you know if that would be okay. ;)

Hahah...ohhhhh Be-be.

SeanDon
07-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I just did the stupidest thing i've done so far....

I was having a hard time getting to sleep at 3am last night, so i figured, ok, i'll stay up till 6am and workout...then go to sleep shortly after that. So at 5am i make my PWO shake....then when 5:30am comes around i'm hit with a HUGE bolt of "tired" :O I still planned on working out, but by 6am i was so tired i just knew it would be pointless/dangerous to do so...

So its 1:30pm again and i'm about to go make another PWO Shake and actually workout this time.

I hate my sleep issues.

IWANT2LIFTBIG
08-01-2005, 02:16 AM
take zma for real it knocks me out stone cold

*goes to squat*

Be-Be
08-01-2005, 03:52 AM
I just did the stupidest thing i've done so far....

I was having a hard time getting to sleep at 3am last night, so i figured, ok, i'll stay up till 6am and workout...then go to sleep shortly after that. So at 5am i make my PWO shake....then when 5:30am comes around i'm hit with a HUGE bolt of "tired" :O I still planned on working out, but by 6am i was so tired i just knew it would be pointless/dangerous to do so...

So its 1:30pm again and i'm about to go make another PWO Shake and actually workout this time.

I hate my sleep issues.
Remember you are still acclimating yourself to your new schedule. And if you are like me, the sleep issues will always exist. But a healthy lifestyle does improve them.

You may want to consult your doctor to make sure there isn't any underlying cause for them.

Fendi
08-01-2005, 04:47 AM
Just wanted to say, keep up the good work SeanDon, making us Proud :)

Great thread.

2BShredded
08-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Good Job this weekend. I can see you smiling when you write in your journal. That is good. Keep trying the sleeping thing. It will take your body a little while to get used to it.
Good luck in the August fat loss contest, I will be with you on that one.

SeanDon
08-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Just wanted to say, keep up the good work SeanDon, making us Proud :)

Great thread.

thx you :)

I'm feeling really good too. I know i'm about 115kg flat now, and i'm wearing this shirt that i wore back when i was boxing. Its really baggy now, and it used to be skin tight maybe 2 months ago. I love wearing this shirt in particular because when i was boxing and lost a bunch of weight, this was the shirt i was wearing when people accused me of doing drugs to drop fat (stupid idiots).

Today my workout was great, but i pushed so hard with the weights i simply didn't have the energy for cardio. I tried pushing through it, but i only got 4 minutes done, lol. I'm wondering if i should split my cardio in to an every other day affair? I dont want to cut down on it if i dont have to though...i'm just worried about plateauing. I'm already so hard strung when it comes to working out, i mean i'm practically puking at the end, so having to do more cardio would flat out kill me.

Anyways its 3am and i gotta get to sleep so i can workout in the morning. I'll update today's workout details and food log when i wake up ;). I unfortunately failed to write down my food today, because i was at home, but i remember it...actually i'll write it now just so i dont forget:

Woke up, had my PWO shake which is about 80g of oats...around 40-50g of carbs, and a scoop of whey (20g protein)

worked out (i'll update details tomorrow)

Post workout meal (oats and whey, same as above)

1 hr later - 2 whole eggs (cooked in olive oil..pan fried), slice of lean ham, about 80g Oats.

3 hours later - Dory Fish Filet + tomatoes + organic curry powder ;) ...Cooked in olive oil for my essentially wonderful fats :D

3 hours later - Ham Sandwhich + slice of cheese on whole wheat bread.

I was meant to go to the grocery store today to stock up a little, however, it was closed! :D Totally random too, because its usually open all the time. It's like they knew i wanted salsa and spinach pasta (i was actually craving spinach pasta with chicken and salsa....i crave health food now! nuts) and so it said "Thou shalt not enter".

I nearly cried. I really wanted my salsa, lol.

2BShredded
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Today my workout was great, but i pushed so hard with the weights i simply didn't have the energy for cardio. I tried pushing through it, but i only got 4 minutes done, lol. I'm wondering if i should split my cardio in to an every other day affair? I dont want to cut down on it if i dont have to though...i'm just worried about plateauing. I'm already so hard strung when it comes to working out, i mean i'm practically puking at the end, so having to do more cardio would flat out kill me.

SeanDon,
Plateau: When your body gets used to the routine or your body shuts down because of lack of nutrients (starvation mode). In order for this to happen you have to follow a specific plan for a certain amount of time. This time is not pre-determined. To avoid plateaus you change things up every so often. For you right now I would find it extremely unlikely to plateau. However you will plateau if a) you are not eating enough, b) your body gets used to your workout routine, c) or you eat at your maintenance level. Doing cardio everyday won't prevent a plateau. In fact it might be better to only do cardio 3 days a week for now to give yourself the oppurtunity to add more to break a plateau later if one should occur.

Does this make sense? It is hard to explain. Maybe others can elaborate.

Anyway, keep it up and don't forget to NOT weigh yourself until Sep 1.

SeanDon
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm not weighing myself, dont worry ;)

I think i'll do cardio every other day. Which means i have to do it when i wake up tomorrow, since i couldn't get it out of me today.

Thanks for the information though, it helps.

lifequest
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
2B’s point in a sentence:

you are doing to much cardio if you could be doing less and still losing 1-2 lbs of fat a week. You probably could be doing less since you just started.

Also god damn man go to bed. You really need to get this thing straightened out. If I can’t sleep I never, ever, give up and wake up and get on the computer. Just lay in bed and get some quality thinking done and eventually your body will get the point you aren’t going to get up and you wil lnot provide it with naps later cuz you have a life to lead and **** to do, so it better get sleep now while it can.

Stop this half ass go to bed at 3, get up at 6, eat go to bed, wake up at 130pm business seriously sleep is something you are in complete control of…I’ve stayed up for 108 hours straight before, no naps nothing it was hell but I did it. And for my finals week I commonly stay awake 48 hours per test. This is a mental toughness thing that is making you seem weak. If you’re good enough to do all this other stuff correctly you can get your ass in bed at a reasonable hour and wake yourself up on time to get your day completed. I despise sloth because I used to commit that sin so much, snap out of it kid!!

2BShredded
08-01-2005, 01:11 PM
2B’s point in a sentence:

you are doing to much cardio if you could be doing less and still losing 1-2 lbs of fat a week. You probably could be doing less since you just started.

Thank you, I knew it could be simplified but the brain was telling me otherwise.

SeanDon
08-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I despise sloth because I used to commit that sin so much, snap out of it kid!!

Living with you would be hellish. :D..... much love, much love.

Yeah yeah i'm going to bed, i'll get up at 6. Mental toughness for the win.

lifequest
08-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah but you would get a lot more sh*t done!! I should be a drill instructor, ha!! But seriously get this sleep thing straight, no naps tomorrow, make it till 10 pm and then crash for a solid 8 hours…man up!!

SeanDon
08-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Ok its been a while since i've updated this...but here it goes..

i've been doing fine on my diet. I let myself have a free meal last night, because i want to be able to control my food intake, not ban myself from anything because i'm incapable of controlling myself afterwards. Right now i think i'm still suffering from the "withdrawals" of it, because i'm craving everything and i'm pissy about having to workout, but again, its something i have to work through.

I ate the following today:

- 3 pieces of raisin bread (i checked the bag and it appeared to be healthy...i hope i'm not wrong) + protein shake

3 hours later - grilled chicken breast sub, 6 inch.

2 1/2 hours later - ate at this restaurant that served "roasted herd quarter-chicken" which is basically a small 'quarter' of a chicken. It came with mashed potatoes (very small amount) and lots of veggies.

Thats all i ate today...mainly due to my withdrawals and anger. I'm just really pissy these days because i feel like i'm getting nowhere.

IWANT2LIFTBIG
08-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey sean
stay positive it takes time to get anywhere, just keep on and you will see results eventually and IMO its good that you are not being too strict with yourself this will make it easy to carry on and in time your positive habits (training, eating often etc) will become so embedded into your daily life that they will be entirely routine and automatic, in short: it gets easier

keep your head up

-lift

lifequest
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I knew this was going to happen…sigh…

LQ, i'll do something that i only ever do when i mean it. There is no way for you to know how honest i'm being, but try to give me the benefit of the doubt. I only ever give my word to someone when i know i'll follow through...i never ever break my word. Ever.

That being said. I give you my WORD that i will do this properly. Dont worry about your hard work going down the drain and all that...it wont happen. I mean look at my picture man...i didn't get like that in one day, i need more than a month to change the habits that brought that out in me.

Patience, or lack there of, is a true sign of ones character…

I'm just really pissy these days because i feel like i'm getting nowhere.

I really don’t feel sorry for you, you’ve gotten more support then anyone else I’ve seen on here. I dono if you need a pep talk or a slap in the face so I’ll give you neither. The difference in tone between that post and your last few days is staggering.

As I tend to have to keep telling you:

Excuses are like as*holes everyone got them and they all stink…

Please no more of them. Go beat up a pillow take a deep breath, grow up, realize this is going to take time and effort, and continue on your patch. Bitching about being fat does not make you skinny, if that were true I’d know a lot of supper models….LQ

P.S.

===Ever since i took that free meal i've been clouded by a few mistakes each day, the biggest being not working out....I've come to the conclusion , as i stated earlier, that i can't allow myself to have a free meal very often. (LQ!)I read my goals everyday (LQ!) and to be honest i feel horrible about my progress thus far...I'm considering tomorrow a fresh start (i like to say goodbye to the negative, and hello to another beginning) to the workout/diet week, and from here on won't have anything "Free" so to speak===

Yeah. My mind is my worst enemy guys, i can tell you that....It takes a lot for me to conquor old habits and thoughts, and i'm realising more (mostly because Be-Be has helped me come to terms with this) that its tiny steps that = a big step.

SeanDon
08-03-2005, 01:02 PM
LQ

You're being ridiculous.

name one place where i said i quit? name one place where i said i stop? Yeah i said that free meals **** with me, but did you not notice that i said i've been on my diet perfectly even though i let myself have one? no? ok.

The fact that you "knew" this was going to happen shows that you just didn't put any faith in me. I could give a **** at this point if you agree with me or not. I never once said i was quitting. Actually right now as i ****ing type this i'm having my PWO shake so i can workout at 5am.

jesus ****ing christ.

edit :nevermind

lifequest
08-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Atta’boy :D where this fiery spirit been all this time. My plan worked perfectly…BWAHAHAHAH!!! Now go use that rage to lift some weight or run and stop bitching…

With love and care--LQ

DJohnson
08-03-2005, 01:10 PM
You gotta have the 6 meals a day and start packing them. You eat unhealthy stuff because:

1. You're hungry
2. You don't have anything else to eat.

Eating 6 meals a day isn't only for health reasons, it's for psychological reasons because you never get hungry, ever. Especially if you're eating the right foods because they're full of fiber and whatnot.

Raisin bread is by far one of my favorite foods, but it's pretty terrible for you. Potatoes as you know aren't very good, and subway's bread is again terrible.

You gotta have your 6 meals a day and pre-plan them so you don't get really hungry then have a big meal at some restaurant.

It sounds like your almost starving yourself and eating less than 50% clean.

Now take that and improve your routine!

SeanDon
08-03-2005, 01:12 PM
i'm eating less than 50% clean?

great.

2BShredded
08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I think the reason he said he was afraid that something like this was going to happen is because the same thing happened only days ago. You stopped posting and then came back with a negative post. People can be very predictable, they typically follow patterns. I was saying to myself this morning "self, SeanDon hasn't posted in his journal in 2 days. I bet things are not going well."

When you have a positive attitude you seem to be on the boards chatting it up with good things about your day.

Again, we are here for support. Sometimes that might mean that we will point out some things that you may not WANT to here, but NEED to here. Don't take offense to any of them, don't let the comments discourage you, use them as motivation. Take the frustration you have right now and lift like a mother f***er.

PS I still think you need to eat more.

Stand Ablaze
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm glad to see your still at it.

Free meals are not something to worry about as long as they are kept in check. You want to enjoy life, you want to enjoy what your doing, it's not a punishment, rather it's a change for the better.

Having a free meal is not going to kill you, those cravings will destroy your diet though if you give in, so next time try something different next time and look forward to it.

Soon your going to come to the self awareness stage :) It's then that fat loss becomes much easier.

I'm all about lifestyle, it probably comes across as that aswell, but it's how I see it.

lifequest
08-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I think the reason he said he was afraid that something like this was going to happen is because the same thing happened only days ago. You stopped posting and then came back with a negative post. People can be very predictable, they typically follow patterns. I was saying to myself this morning "self, SeanDon hasn't posted in his journal in 2 days. I bet things are not going well."

Exactly what I meant, and I also said the same thing this morning. I went to did up this thread but my boss walked in my cube and made me make him 234038 graphs and a forgot. DJ was right on too. Eat more. I’m never hungry. It’s going to take some getting used to but once you get on course and calm these mood swings down in relatively no time you will be a new man. But these crazy swings need to go…

SeanDon
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM

When you have a positive attitude you seem to be on the boards chatting it up with good things about your day.

Again, we are here for support. Sometimes that might mean that we will point out some things that you may not WANT to here, but NEED to here. Don't take offense to any of them, don't let the comments discourage you, use them as motivation. Take the frustration you have right now and lift like a mother f***er.

I understand this, but honestly the reason my post was "negative" is because i'm in a really bad mood right now. My actual progress hasn't been that bad. Except now i hear that i'm eating under 50% clean...and while that is something i needed to hear, its going to make it more difficult for me now. I am out of the house a lot, and i can't always carry food with me. I use certain places to get the best quality meals i can while i'm out, but now i can't really do that.

Yeah i'll lift, but i'm starting to think i'm just going to have to live off egg whites and chicken breast to do this right. I'm really pissed off right now because its literally impossible for me to enjoy life and diet at the same time, but whatever, thats a sacrifice i have to make , right?

yep.

SeanDon
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Exactly what I meant, and I also said the same thing this morning. I went to did up this thread but my boss walked in my cube and made me make him 234038 graphs and a forgot. DJ was right on too. Eat more. I’m never hungry. It’s going to take some getting used to but once you get on course and calm these mood swings down in relatively no time you will be a new man. But these crazy swings need to go…

I have a temper problem and i always have. I'm not saying its a good thing, i'm just explaining it. I get psyched up to do ****, but when i walk around in a mall and see my fatass in a mirror i get really ****in enraged by it, especially if i'm dieting. Because its been 3 months since i started dieting and i'm only 11kg lighter, and i still look like ****. Thats why i'm pissy.

But its like you said, i have to stop whining about it , right? I just use this place to vent, but it doesn't work anyways. The only place i can really release my anger is in the gym with my music on...I'm just getting sick of ****ing up constantly. I want to be able to enjoy a free meal once a week and not have to worry about it. I'm not trying to get thin in 2 weeks, i'm trying to get buff in time...i shouldn't have to cry and moan and bitch about having something once a week....but i also need to reevaluate what i can have the rest of the time, because apparently i'm not doin it right.

lifequest
08-03-2005, 01:32 PM
I understand this, but honestly the reason my post was "negative" is because i'm in a really bad mood right now. My actual progress hasn't been that bad. Except now i hear that i'm eating under 50% clean...and while that is something i needed to hear, its going to make it more difficult for me now. I am out of the house a lot, and i can't always carry food with me. I use certain places to get the best quality meals i can while i'm out, but now i can't really do that.

Yeah i'll lift, but i'm starting to think i'm just going to have to live off egg whites and chicken breast to do this right. I'm really pissed off right now because its literally impossible for me to enjoy life and diet at the same time, but whatever, thats a sacrifice i have to make , right?

yep.

Wrong! I enjoy life. Seems like most here do. It’s when you tie food with enjoyment you get a statements like that(triggers). You can watch tv and enjoy the show without eating potato chips (actually the only TV I watch is on the elliptical after my work out but you know what I mean) I have my emotional food requirement one meal a week on a schedualed day and time, and eat meals I enjoy for their quality, health benefits, and taste the rest of the time. Go look at the 230458923570 health recipes and eat those. Personally I bought a cheep grill and grill all my high quality meets on that with great marinades and eat it with brown rice. I love it. infact its 4:30, time for another grilled chicken and sirloin steak with ½ cup of brown rice, fish and flax tab and penuts meal…MMM!!!! Buck up kid, lifes to short to not enjoy every day--LQ

2BShredded
08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I have a temper problem and i always have. I'm not saying its a good thing, i'm just explaining it. I get psyched up to do ****, but when i walk around in a mall and see my fatass in a mirror i get really ****in enraged by it, especially if i'm dieting. Because its been 3 months since i started dieting and i'm only 11kg lighter, and i still look like ****. Thats why i'm pissy.

But its like you said, i have to stop whining about it , right? I just use this place to vent, but it doesn't work anyways. The only place i can really release my anger is in the gym with my music on...I'm just getting sick of ****ing up constantly. I want to be able to enjoy a free meal once a week and not have to worry about it. I'm not trying to get thin in 2 weeks, i'm trying to get buff in time...i shouldn't have to cry and moan and bitch about having something once a week....but i also need to reevaluate what i can have the rest of the time, because apparently i'm not doin it right.

Having the free meal is fine, but if and only if the rest of your meals are in order. If you have 6 meals a day times 7 days a week that is 42 meals. 1 free meal takes your grade to a 97.6. But if you are only eating 25 OK meals then there is no room to have a free meal.

DJohnson
08-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, eating unhealthy foods has nothing to do with how much fun you have. Actually everything I eat I enjoy. It's just about making the choices you can.

Brown rice and chicken with a ton of spices and soy sauce.

Sprouted grain bread with 4oz of chicken breast and 30cal worth of fat-free mayo (I only use fat free because it's really low in calories in comparision) and a bunch of spices on it. Or even healthier, mustard.

You're just starting out and what you're eating is a ton better than what you used to eat, but it's our jobs to keep pushing you. You're torturing yourself by only eating 3 meals a day or so.

When I said 50% clean I was just talking about the 3 pieces of raisin bread, subway bread, and mash potatoes. Personally I don't touch any of that during the weekdays just because I can make easy substitions. I can make a sandwich just as good as subway.

Yeah, I probably eat a couple cheat meals most weekends, but I know that I ate almost 100% clean all week so I have a little more slack.

It's all in steps though. I didn't just get up one day and start eating like this. I just started off eating more broccoli and more healthy fats and I just kept taking the next step. Started messing with healthy meals that I could replace my current meals with.

Probably one of the best things I've done was to start baking like 5lbs of chicken at a time, weigh them into 4oz portions and bag them so I can just microwave them anytime I need a good protein source.

Whenever I go out on the weekend I always have one or two meal replacement shakes with me. 2/3 cup oatmeal that's went through a coffee grinder and 2 scoops protein in an old Powerade bottle. Just add water and drink, it never spoils. Then when I'm hungry I can go "Well, I can either spend $5 at whatever restaruant while I'm in town or I could just drink this shake that's 10 feet away from me.

Oh yeah, and as a semi-humourous sidenote, I bought a box of containing 12lbs of oatmeal yesterday. ;)

Anyways, it's your job to push your hardest, and it's our jobs to push you harder.

Plus you need to get shredded so this thread becomes a sticky so people can read my posts so I'll get more e-reputation. :D