PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas to keep milk good for a few hours?

Dave210
10-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello, I am about to try out dieting tomorrow and would like to have a protein shake for one of my meals between classes. Do you have any ideas for keeping milk good for a few hours, probably 3-6 hours? My mom said that once the winter comes more I should be fine, but she wouldn't trust it for the time being. Worse case I could go to the grocery store across the street, but that would mean losing my parking spot :(

BlueFenix13S
10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Buy powdered milk. Dump some protein powder and dry milk into your shaker, then just add the water later, shake it up and enjoy. It's a little cheaper per serving too.

Dave210
10-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Buy powdered milk. Dump some protein powder and dry milk into your shaker, then just add the water later, shake it up and enjoy. It's a little cheaper per serving too.

Wow, that's a really good idea, thanks! Can you get powdered milk at most grocery stores? I worked at one and vaguely remember it as condensed milk, same thing? Sounds kind of gross though... are there any good brands?

terracotta
10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
You could put it in a thermos.

bookv
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow, that's a really good idea, thanks! Can you get powdered milk at most grocery stores? I worked at one and vaguely remember it as condensed milk, same thing? Sounds kind of gross though... are there any good brands?

Not the same, condensed milk has tons of sugar added to preserved it, has a thick caramel consistency and is sold in cans. Powdered milk is sold in bags and should be available at most supermarkets, look in the baking aisle. It should say instant skim milk powder sort of thing.

KryptoKnight
10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Why not freeze it? Or, put a few ice cubes in it. So it's going to taste a little bit watered down, don't matta.

baarat
10-31-2007, 05:59 AM
You could put it in a thermos.That would be too easy. ;)

BlueFenix13S
10-31-2007, 06:55 AM

It comes in a box, condensed is in a can. Any brand is fine, and honestly it tastes the same as regular liquid milk. Wal-Mart, Price Cutter, Kroger, Sams, Costco.... any grocery store will have it in the baking aisle/spices aisle.