PDA

View Full Version : Amazingly easy ice-cream

Eileen
10-30-2007, 03:15 PM
1 tbs sweetener
1 tbs lemon or lime juice
1 tsp tequilla
50ml cream

Whisk the juice, sweetener and tequilla together, then add the cream and whisk until it thickens (very fast). Pour into a container and freeze. That's it.

Ok, I ripped this off Nigella, but it really works. It works without the tequilla, but tastes amazing with it. The lemon/lime juice makes the cream thicken really quickly, so it's really fast.

The original recipe said double (heavy) cream, but I happened to have some 18% Polish cream in the fridge, and it worked with that.

phabphour20
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
1 tbs sweetener
1 tbs lemon or lime juice
1 tsp tequilla
50ml cream

Whisk the juice, sweetener and tequilla together, then add the cream and whisk until it thickens (very fast). Pour into a container and freeze. That's it.

Ok, I ripped this off Nigella, but it really works. It works without the tequilla, but tastes amazing with it. The lemon/lime juice makes the cream thicken really quickly, so it's really fast.

The original recipe said double (heavy) cream, but I happened to have some 18% Polish cream in the fridge, and it worked with that.

I love Nigella.

tinyman5000
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
how much does this make? 50 mls of cream is like 3 tbsp, doesnt seem like much

Eileen
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
One portion for me. If you have the calories to spare, you can increase the amounts. It looks bigger when it's made, it whisks up.

meerkat3.14
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
I love Nigella.

Nigella should divorce Saatchi, then immediately marry me. :)

Eileen
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Is this a good time to tell you that when I handed my kids a book of body shapes, with instructions to pick out the one most like me, they picked Nigella, but said I had a smaller bum?