PDA

View Full Version : Dairy Products

4style
07-15-2005, 05:15 PM
After doing some research on this board I have read alot of threads that have said sometimes going off all dairy products and reduce the puffiness or fat in your face , something to do with water retention. I wanted to know If its still alright to drink soymilk instead ? I wasnt too sure if this was a lactose related problem or wat . After comming off dairy products I have noticed a difference in my face however after going back onto soymilk instead of dairy im not so sure if its not back to the way it was .

jtb83
07-15-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't buy into that theory. Puffiness in your face will deminish with overall body fat reduction.

B_Ray
07-15-2005, 06:13 PM
If you're male, I think you'll benefit a lot more from avoiding soy products rather than milk products.

4style
07-15-2005, 06:39 PM
If you're male, I think you'll benefit a lot more from avoiding soy products rather than milk products.

Do you want to state why you think this ?

Deadhead96
07-15-2005, 06:44 PM
soy products own!

TinyMan
07-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Do you want to state why you think this?

Some people believe that soy promotes estrogen in the body, and will hinder their attempts at gaining mass. I have not seen any evidence to do more than suggest the possibility of happening. However, I've yet to find conclusive evidence proving either the view that soy promotes estrogen, or that it does not.

Tinyman

B_Ray
07-15-2005, 07:33 PM
The reason I think you'd be better off with real milk over soymilk is because, while many people claim that milk causes puffyness, among the more "credible" sounding articles I've read, there is a greater fear that soy products can possibly promote estrogen production, which would increase your body's fat storage. Its all theoretical, but I get the impression that there's more scientific cause to avoid soy products if you want to minimize fat gain.

Obvious puffyness might be a sign that you're mildly allergic to some ingredient in what you are eating. But only you can determine if it is due to regular milk, and if so, if it is also in soymilk.