PDA

View Full Version : Mock PB+J sandwich (takes less than a minute)

NBE
10-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Mock PB+J
Supposed to taste similar to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, no bread involved!

Contents
2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/2 Tbsp low-sugar Jam

Directions
Mix all 3 ingredients in a cup with a spoon.

Details
This is if you're having a craving or you're on the go. I don't think anyone should be scared of a little bit of carbs to be honest, they really won't hurt you. Also, the end product of the mixing may look a bit disturbing (you'll see), but trust me, it's delicious! This is great for when you're on the go, good for college students too! The ingredients of this quick meal are slow digesting and low in calories, will help in delaying hunger. Depending on how many carbs you can handle, you can play with the servings of each and mix it to your desired macros/taste.

Macros
18g Fat
12g Carbs (total - fiber)
20g Protein

290 Calories

mrsbunny
10-30-2007, 11:56 AM
This was amazing!! I wasn't too sure after reading this but decided to try it last night anyway. It's weird how mixing it with the pb&j actually makes the cottage cheese take on a bread flavor. (Or maybe I'm just craving bread so bad that anything will work!) Either way - delicious - great idea.

JeepCreeper
10-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I'll have to try that before I market it as the PBJ Parfait. :)

NBE
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
This was amazing!! I wasn't too sure after reading this but decided to try it last night anyway. It's weird how mixing it with the pb&j actually makes the cottage cheese take on a bread flavor. (Or maybe I'm just craving bread so bad that anything will work!) Either way - delicious - great idea.
Glad to hear! :D

I accidentally discovered this, I was trying everything to mask the cottage cheese!

Ryanmckd
05-02-2008, 09:18 PM
not bad :0

jhj
05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
simply bake some Keto bread and voila...you can enjoy it with bread.

Here is the thread, check out Eileen's recipe: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1420191