PDA

View Full Version : Will you guys have a look at my rountine please

Steve the Great
10-27-2001, 08:16 PM
Hey, im trying to lose fast ASAP, how does this routine look?

Breakfast: 2 slices toast, 1 glass orange juice

Dinner: 1 bowl cereal and an apple

Workout: 3 days I have weights, on those days I do 25 min of cardio afterwards, other times I have cardio days, and I do 1 hr of cardio

post workout: 3 egg whites

supper: 1 chicken breast, boneless and skineless

last snack of the day: 1 banana

I do cardio at my heart rate, I always try to stick as close to it as possible. I heard sticking next to ur heart rate is the best for burning fat, this true?

Anyhow, I've lost 4 lbs. this week, I dont think its too fast because I've lost weight faster in the past and kept it off. I'm just trying to get completely cut right now.

Anyone got any feed back for me? I'm open to suggestions, anything to make this proceeed faster and more efficient.

Thanks a lot!

-Steve

AznBB
10-27-2001, 08:20 PM
To me , this is just what i think, i dont think you are getting enough protein to retain muscle when you are cutting all i really see is chicken and 3 eggs. I believe ive read on articles on this website that when you are cutting you should actually Increase the amount of protein you eat to help retain your muscle ....i could be wrong ... that just what i think. Peace out.

Steve the Great
10-27-2001, 08:23 PM
Damn you're right Chris thanks, I (for some reason) never noticed that I wasn't getting enough protein...Hmm I'll have to throw in another chicken breast, im getting some whey protein soon, that'll help a lot. Thanks though

soundbomb_85
11-03-2001, 03:02 PM
Do your 25 minutes of cardio before you work out with weights. Just a suggestion.

Steve the Great
11-04-2001, 07:25 PM
but wouldnt that burn off carbs I need for the workout?

muscle_girl
11-05-2001, 08:01 PM
Whoa!! I can't believe no one has straightened this out yet!

First of all it doesn't even look like you are eating enough calories! Your calories should not be so low otherwise your metabolism is going to nose dive and your body is going to change over to survival mode and retain all it's fat and eat up your hard earned muscle. You need to up your calories with protein and nock out so much fruit especially that juice in the morning.
You haven't said how much you weigh and what you want to weight so you will have to do the multiplication but no matter what you are trying to do you still need about one gram of protein per pound of lean muscle. Then you also need to make sure your calories aren't dipping too far below the 10 cal per pound (I believe that is correct) ratio or death to your metabolism and any fat loss!! Check out the keto stuff -- that is one of the quickest ways to get rid of fat.
If at all possible you should be doing cardio in the morning (HIT training is best) as soon as you wake on an empty stomach! Cardio shouldn't really go more than 45minutes - and if you are doing HIT training then you can build your time from 20 minutes up to 40 max. If you are doing too much cardio you are going to eat into that muscle and remember muscle burns more calories.

Quick weight loss is never really healthy and you can't expect to keep all your muscle - fat loss over a slower period of time controlled through diet and proper training and rest will always give you better long term results.

Buff_Daddy
11-06-2001, 12:24 AM
yeh muscle girls right, you are definately not eating enough calories, i estimated that you are eating borderline 1000 calories, you should be eating 10 times your weight, and i doubt you weight 100lbs!... when i was cutting i ate like 2200 cals minimum a day, i lost on average 1.8 lbs a week,

BigBrother
11-09-2001, 12:47 AM
you can kiss your muscles good bye too buddy
Ill almost bet you that the 4lbs you lost 2lbs were at least muscle
up your protien & fats, DROP THE CARBS
only eats carbs directly after your workout, NO MORE!

On your diet you will definitely lose weight, eventually youll get ripped but youll look like richard simmons= no muscle!!

Steve the Great
11-10-2001, 07:32 PM
Well thats the thing, my strength has actually increased over that period. But eventually I'm going to start losing, actually Brother I saw your BodyOpus post and im trying that. It looks pretty good.

Dorian
11-10-2001, 08:47 PM
steve just make sure you get a psot workout drink with 50 carbs and 50 protien. this will help in preserving muscle mass.

Steve the Great
11-10-2001, 10:23 PM
Oh yea, I can't get the equivalent of a protein shake yet, I got no money :( but once I get my pay I plan on buying a good deal of shakes

illustrious540
11-13-2001, 02:14 AM
Cut out carbs at night, i'd say after about six pm dont eat anymore carbs. Have at least 2 meals of lean protein and a shake mixed with water right before bed. You have ot make sure and eat a good sized breakfast or else you will starve your muscles

thegame2183
11-13-2001, 12:45 PM
yeah ur definitley not getting enough calories in...and not enough protein, either. Im cutting up right now, so here is an example of a recommended cutting cycle:

Breakfast-2 scoops of protein powder

thegame2183
11-13-2001, 12:51 PM
Breakfast-2 scoops of protein powder
handful of peanuts
small bowl of oatmeat

Lunch- 2 cans of tuna fish
small glass of orange juice

Dinner- one chicken breast
small potato
some greans

Workout w/cardio

Post workout-2 scoops of protein
small glass of juice

Before bed- 2 scoops of protein

hope this helps a little...adjust when necessary(I weigh 180)

Steve the Great
11-13-2001, 01:12 PM
Actually my diet is outdated...I'm following BodyOpus as Big Brother does..thanks though!

BigBrother
11-15-2001, 02:17 AM
KEEP us informed
Id love to know your results
good luck

Muscles
11-15-2001, 10:44 PM
If youre trying to cut down fat you gotta cut down carbs to like half of what you weigh! I wouldnt be surprised if most of your carbs came from the cereal you eat.

Steve the Great
11-16-2001, 08:33 PM
That was my problem...When I was younger my parents let me have anything, hell they bought NOTHING but junk for me..

I guess it never really mattered that I was over weight until I realised that social standings that a fat person has.

I wish I had realized what was happening to me earlier..But I didn't. I'm working hard now to undo my parents damage..I know it sounds like an excuse, but I wasn't exactly brought up into a house of healthy eating habits..

Muscles
11-16-2001, 09:00 PM
I'm sure theres others like that

Steve the Great
11-17-2001, 02:37 AM
I hope so, it would suck being the only one

Muscles
11-17-2001, 08:13 PM
With all the TV I watch youre not the only one.

Steve the Great
11-18-2001, 06:06 PM
you've have/had problems with fat too?