PDA

View Full Version : killer cardio

Clozedeyez20
07-08-2005, 09:42 AM
I usually do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach from 30-40 minutes. But last night I ate a little too much candy and I feel like to doing extra cardio today. I usually dont have caffeine because its more effective when I do need it so today I'm thinking of doing 40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes running after... maybe some abs. Is this too much??

dp13368
07-08-2005, 09:51 AM
No it's not too much. Just do some HIIT on the treadmill with varying speed/incline and abs after eliptical, treadmill.

Clozedeyez20
07-08-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm about to get e-smacked, but what is HIIT ... (I'm in for it now). I've heard it a lot before just never heard more than that.

panjt
07-08-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm about to get e-smacked, but what is HIIT ... (I'm in for it now). I've heard it a lot before just never heard more than that.

is is something that makes you feel bad, is not for weak minded ,
is worse than a SQUAT, is mentally draining.
You have to push your body evey time, if u becomes cofortable at one speed, so u r not pushing it u r cheatin. Honestly by the time you finish your session, it is HELL.

Do you still want to know what HIIT is or you want to have your little light cardio

Clozedeyez20
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
yes, spread more of your wisdom on this HIIT you speak of. Empower the weak ones

panjt
07-08-2005, 11:30 AM
yes, spread more of your wisdom on this HIIT you speak of. Empower the weak ones

It was just to have fun.

This is an example of HIIT

1 min slow
30 s speed
1 min slow
30 s speed

I do that for 10 min. I sprint all out.

The firt week I started it, I did it for 20 Min, I almost died everytime.
The second week, I decided to go at 15 min, same thing
Since I HIIT everyday, mentally I was not able to sustain the fact that I was gonna endure this pain every day.

Now I do 10 min, which is still hell, but I gotta do it. Now , I have no idea how I was able to do even 20 min, cause after the 10 min, I want cry.

I go on the elleptical , level 13 .

Good luck

travis h
07-08-2005, 01:19 PM
You're going to do 60 minutes of cardio and then abs all on an empty stomach? Ouch.

bodyphat
07-08-2005, 01:37 PM
You're going to do 60 minutes of cardio and then abs all on an empty stomach? Ouch.

now THAT's how you lose fat. Keep up the intensity and focus, but make sure you're still eating enough.

If you do HIIT cardio on treadmill, up the incline. Some athletes can do HIIT on 10% incline, which is like impossible for us mere mortals

US_Ranger
07-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Here is a better idea you ****ing pussies, do it outside. All this treadmill talk is ****ing retarded. Go outside and do sprints on a track and jog the loops, then hit some stairs.

****ing cardio machine warriors in here.......

bodyphat
07-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Here is a better idea you ****ing pussies, do it outside. All this treadmill talk is ****ing retarded. Go outside and do sprints on a track and jog the loops, then hit some stairs.

Hey Mr. Hardcore, post a picture of yourself and let's see what those outside sprints and stairs are doin for you. If you're ripped to the core, I'll apologize in front of everyone for calling you out.

HatesFat
07-08-2005, 01:54 PM

what is this 'outside' you speak of?

US_Ranger
07-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey Mr. Hardcore, post a picture of yourself and let's see what those outside sprints and stairs are doin for you. If you're ripped to the core, I'll apologize in front of everyone for calling you out.

I'm not ripped to the core. I don't have a digital camera either......and I wouldn't want to put a picture on here knowing that you'll be whacking off to it in 20 minutes.

Seriously though, I'm 9 % bodyfat, about 190 pounds, a tad under 6 foot.

And these stairs and "outside" sprints are 100 times better than a stupid treadmill. Being outside running on different levels and speeds that can change in an instant unlike the cardio machines took my mile time down under 6 minutes and that's really really good for someone my size.....and yes I'm strong and not some lean skinny freak.

Keep defending the infamous treadmill though because it's such an awesome machine.......not really.

bodyphat
07-08-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm not ripped to the core. I don't have a digital camera either......and I wouldn't want to put a picture on here knowing that you'll be whacking off to it in 20 minutes.

Seriously though, I'm 9 % bodyfat, about 190 pounds, a tad under 6 foot.

And these stairs and "outside" sprints are 100 times better than a stupid treadmill. Being outside running on different levels and speeds that can change in an instant unlike the cardio machines took my mile time down under 6 minutes and that's really really good for someone my size.....and yes I'm strong and not some lean skinny freak.

Keep defending the infamous treadmill though because it's such an awesome machine.......not really.

Hey man, take a chill pill. It's also easy to up the incline on a treadmill in a matter of seconds. Not to mention running on a treadmill is a little easier on the knees then running on unlevel concrete. Also, running in a climate controlled room is a pretty convenient for most people when it's freezing or burning outside. So I really dont think running outside is "100 times better" than running on a treadmill. How old are you, 12?

erbear
07-08-2005, 04:41 PM
I have a question for you guys- Ive maxed out the treadmill at speed 10, incline 6 for my HIIT sessions ( 30 secs sprint, 45 sec recovery for 14 mins) so now that Ive got myself going as fast as I possibly can, to make my sessions more intense, should I up the incline? and if so, how much more? THe max is 15????

US_Ranger
07-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I have a question for you guys- Ive maxed out the treadmill at speed 10, incline 6 for my HIIT sessions ( 30 secs sprint, 45 sec recovery for 14 mins) so now that Ive got myself going as fast as I possibly can, to make my sessions more intense, should I up the incline? and if so, how much more? THe max is 15????

Run outside, you can go as fast as you want.

US_Ranger
07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey man, take a chill pill. It's also easy to up the incline on a treadmill in a matter of seconds. Not to mention running on a treadmill is a little easier on the knees then running on unlevel concrete. Also, running in a climate controlled room is a pretty convenient for most people when it's freezing or burning outside. So I really dont think running outside is "100 times better" than running on a treadmill. How old are you, 12?

No, I'm 23.

You can go on a treadmill all day long if you want, I'm not the one trying to call people out on the internet. Maybe you should take a break from the testosterone boosters and actually get some real exercise though.

erbear
07-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Run outside, you can go as fast as you want.
No thanks- I would much rather run in the comfort of my own home- but thats just me

US_Ranger
07-08-2005, 06:24 PM
No thanks- I would much rather run in the comfort of my own home- but thats just me

That's cool. I tried that a couple times but it's too boring in my opinion, plus there are way too many distractions.