PDA

View Full Version : HIIT + Regular cardio = good idea?

user23960508710789
07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Ive been cutting for 8 weeks now, not getting down to contest shape just finished a bulking cycle (around 15-16% bodyfat) and want to get to 8-9%.
I don't compete so I just go mostly by the mirror though. So far ive been doing 15 minutes (not including warm-up and cool-down) of HIIT running 4 times a week... two of those days it's right after lifting and the other two it's on its own.
My vascularity is more noticeable and I can start to see a bit of seperation between my forearms and wrists aswell as upper arms and shoulders so Im losing at least some fat, my muscles look pretty much exactly the same as before and I haven't lost any strenght at all (in fact ive still kept adding weight to some of my lifts) so I guess i'm not losing much muscle as is.
My stomach and face are still soft looking so I think that's where I hold the most fat and those will probably be the last places to get cut on my body, so enough of that... down to my question, would it be beneficial to add in an extra day of light cardio, maybe some brisk jogging, for 45 minutes or so?
Or maybe cut it down to three days of HIIT and add in two days of light cardio?
Ive got the energy for it (i dont think i could add more HIIT days, but light days I definately feel I could do) I just don't want to speed up the results at the cost of muscle loss.
So should i throw in some light cardio too now that im 8 weeks in? And if so does light cardio require the same pre and post-workout meal as HIIT?

nithos
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
If you are lossing fat and retaining lean muscle mass at a constant healthy rate, don't change your routine. Save the changes to shock your system out of a standstill.