PDA

View Full Version : honestly, is this normal?

SeanDon
07-05-2005, 09:23 PM
A while ago i made it to 116.5kg and then it stalled for a week, severely pissing me off and making me fall of my diet plan out of frustration.

I just recently got myself back to 116.5, and now its been there for the past 3 days. Wtf is it with that goddamned number :(

skelooth
07-05-2005, 09:25 PM
three DAYS...

Dude... I have gone through phases where I did not gain or lose a pound for OVER A MONTH at a time. Don't be a baby about it :) If you feel you are plataued, change something... wether it be diet or training. But don't use it as an excuse to binge out of frustration.

SeanDon
07-05-2005, 09:26 PM
i'm not going to binge, i'm just wondering why its always this number ;)

and dude if you went for a month without losing fat, why didn't you change your plan? I would have done it after the first week, if not the second :(

skelooth
07-05-2005, 09:31 PM
i'm not going to binge, i'm just wondering why its always this number ;)

and dude if you went for a month without losing fat, why didn't you change your plan? I would have done it after the first week, if not the second :(

my magic number was 245lbs... and it stayed there the entire month of november and THEN some. I tried "everything" from cardio 2x a day, to eating less, to eating more... then one day I started losing weight again. I just had to stick with it. Sometimes we need to practice patience.

SeanDon
07-05-2005, 09:35 PM
patience can suck me!

nah, its good to knwo this is a normal thing. But i find it hard to believe i can plateau when i'm still so heavy

skelooth
07-05-2005, 09:37 PM
patience can suck me!

nah, its good to knwo this is a normal thing. But i find it hard to believe i can plateau when i'm still so heavy

you can and you will.

I plataued at 255, 245, 230 and 220,.... 245 was the worst though. Look at my weight log on http://patrickavella.com/fitness it documents my weekly weights while i was still heavy.