PDA

View Full Version : got a new job...

tino824
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
i got a new job and its supposed to start at 8am and go till 1pm, but i have to go in tommorow at 7am. i usually eat every TWO hours but i dont know how many times they are going to want me to be eating while im there. if i eat my first meal at just before 7am right before work, then my next meal THREE hours later at around 10am...and then lunch right when i get out (ill pack it and leave it in my car) at 1pm...then just continue the rest of the day with the eating every 2 hours is that bad or no? i mean is it going to make that much of a difference, im just trying to figure out how to juggle this eating with my working. both are important and i think the way i described above is the best way i can do it. thanks for the help in advance!

Mister_A
07-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Eating every 3 hours isnt that bad. The rest of the meals after work can still be every 2 hours.

tino824
07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
thanks a lot for the input. i usually have a shake (1/2 cup oats, 1 cup milk, and 1/2 scoop of protein) and 4 egg whites when i wake up. ill just eat that right before i walk in tommorow. then for a snack i have canned chicken and an apple...i hope they dont get pissed, how the hell can i sneak eating that, maybe say that i have to go to the bathroom? all i do is clean up in the mornings at a very popular bar around here. hmmm...any ideas?

jsnooky33
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Just tell them you are going to take a 5 minute break. I really don't think it will be a big deal. Even if they do say no, you won't be fired for asking.

DJohnson
07-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Tell them you have diabetes and your blood sugar feels low and if you don't eat you'll die. :D

US_Ranger
07-05-2005, 04:19 PM
They might be weird at first about it but once they understand your lifestyle they'll be more supportive of your 5 minute breaks to eat something healthy. I bet after awhile they'll even start asking you questions about dieting and exercise because they'll envy you. You'll see.

tino824
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
thanks!

cutlerfan
07-05-2005, 04:58 PM
take a small handy snack with you until you get accustomed to the job and their policies.