PDA

View Full Version : bone density, tendons, and joint health?

jamesh23
10-23-2007, 07:37 PM
What are supplements that increase bone density, tendon strength, and joint health? I have problems with my hip, knee, and ankle that have been chronic for about 4 months. The doc said I may have a very small fracture in my hip, and have patellar tendonitis or osgood schlatters disease. I think the increase bone density, stronger tendons and better joints would reduce this pain? any good supps for this? thanks.

cal62887
10-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow...all that at 15 years old?

Well Bone Boost by SAN helped me out when I tore my rotator cuff. It's a great product and well worth the price.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/bone.html

jamesh23
10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
thats what makes it so bad, and i cant even run its more of a gallop lol. I want to play baseball in college and I think I got a chance but those injuries really drag me down, I played varsity as a freshman last year. and thanks man ill check those out.

Dalamara
10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Time off.

All those injuries you're talking about sound like overuse injuries.

I know after I put on a bunch of weight I started running again, and got a bunch of the same problems you're describing. Knees hurt, shins hurt, bones hurt, hips hurt. I just slowed down, took some time off, drank a lot of milk(I dunno, I figured the calcium would help lol) and it's all better now.

jamesh23
10-24-2007, 06:17 AM
I cant just take time off, im playing football and would have to get a doctors excuse we still have 4 weeks left or so and I dont think i can take it.

naturalguy
10-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Get Animal Flex, give it 30 days to fully kick in, thank me later

Mickfootie
10-24-2007, 06:36 AM
I cant just take time off, im playing football and would have to get a doctors excuse we still have 4 weeks left or so and I dont think i can take it.

If your coach understands anything about these type of injuries and over-use as you grow he should be the one who is telling you to rest up for a while.

My son (who is 14) had Tendonitis of the knee (through over-use and growth spurt) last season and was told by his soccer coach and physio that he needed to rest this up for 3 months to allow it time to heal while he was growing otherwise more damage could be done.

jamesh23
10-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Well i sprained my ankle pretty badly, I cant even walk now, and am in crutches, they gave me some hydrocodone for pain but they took xrays and its not broken thank god, so that will give me a week or two for my knee to heal up also.

gracieallen
08-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Well i sprained my ankle pretty badly, I cant even walk now, and am in crutches, they gave me some hydrocodone for pain but they took xrays and its not broken thank god, so that will give me a week or two for my knee to heal up also.

Happen similar, it's really hard to bear joint pain i used supplement for the joint pain got some relief with the supplement. any one can use these joint pain supplements (jointjuice, omega xl, flexoplex, supple). There is no age limit for use this.....