PDA

View Full Version : Colon/Intestine cleansing supplements

NightHalcyon
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
My main question...are they useful? I've heard two completely different stories:

A. Your pipes are clogged with all kinds of crap (literally) and you have to clean them out so that nutrients can be absorbed.

B. Your pipes take care of themself. No need to clean.

I've also heard that everyone naturally has all kinds of worms and crap in them, which is just disgusting.

So are these things worth buying, or are they unnessesary? And if they are, which products do you recommend?

ronnie0072
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
i would like to know

yCat
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
B. Your pipes take care of themself. No need to clean.

^^^^imo

ZDub212
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Fibrous fruits & veggies are the best you can have.

cubical
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
In a perfect world your "pipes" would take care of themselves. But the world isnt like it was back when God put us here. With so many people food nutrients are becoming less and less coupled with the fact that people dont even eat fruits and veggies anymore. Its fast food 100% of the time for some people, whether its at home(instant pizza...) or at Micky Ds. If you eat 9 servings of fruits and veggies each day you should be OK. If not, a "colon cleanse" might be something you could do once a year or so. There are tons of different ways to do this, but Im not an expert on it. Google it and see what makes sense to you.

ProRXlabs
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Fibrous fruits & veggies are the best you can have.

arginine ethyl ester proven by yale to reduce colon bloating and helps with digestion!!!!

check it out nitro 2!!
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prl/nitro.html

naturalguy
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
arginine ethyl ester proven by yale to reduce colon bloating and helps with digestion!!!!

check it out nitro 2!!
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prl/nitro.html

You gotta stop pimping :(

freedom360
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I've done it and what comes out of you is really gross.

Visit this site and check some of it out. It is for real.

http://www.drnatura.com/?gclid=COTf5LPdpY8CFQurhgodj2YMLg

mikestraussen
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM

What comes out of you is the large amounts of fiber you consume in those colon cleansing products.

NightHalcyon
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Freedom, did you feel any better after doing the supplement? Or could you tell a difference?

user23960508710788
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
IMO It's BS..... do you FEEL bad? Is your stomach bothering you? Something else wrong? If so, go to a doctor and get checked out. If not... why are you even concerned about it?

The hippie/organic types love to spread all this pseudo-science about how there are toxins in your body clogging up your colon and all that... if your colon is that clogged up, you are constipated, and if you were that constipated you would KNOW it b/c you would be insanely uncomfortable.

Otherwise you are fine, your body can take care of itself as long as you eat reasonably healthy. There's is no crap building up inside of you, you are fine.

A colon cleanse won't kill you but people get hooked, they start with a colon cleanse, then they read that most foods are bad and they go on a diet eating nothing but organic fruits, vegetable and seeds (serious), then they need to start meditating an hour a day. Next thing you know you've turned into the Wilson Wilson character from Home Improvement.

NightHalcyon
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Haha, no I don't feel bad, just wondering if I could feel better, and if it helped with nutriet absorbtion. But I don't want to turn into a hippie either.

dvsness
10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
In a perfect world your "pipes" would take care of themselves. But the world isnt like it was back when God put us here. With so many people food nutrients are becoming less and less coupled with the fact that people dont even eat fruits and veggies anymore. Its fast food 100% of the time for some people, whether its at home(instant pizza...) or at Micky Ds. If you eat 9 servings of fruits and veggies each day you should be OK. If not, a "colon cleanse" might be something you could do once a year or so. There are tons of different ways to do this, but Im not an expert on it. Google it and see what makes sense to you.

Good post.

Sleepstream
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Tried several of these "cleansers" and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I cut out all supplements. Pretty much just fruits and veggies the entire time with plenty of water daily.

Most of these are just wastes of money and I think many of the huge bowel movements are atypical.

punksurfer024
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
im a huge supporter of probiotics for digestive health and immunity.

Sleepstream
10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
im a huge supporter of probiotics for digestive health and immunity.

Those have proven to be beneficial, whereas most cleansers contain tons of fiber and herbs that can most likely flush the body of the bacteria within the intestines. Some cleansers do contain probiotic formulas for after the cleanse, but some don't, and that can amount to more problems later.