PDA

View Full Version : Essential Fats and gaining wheight.

batistabomb
07-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Ok im starting to get really hooked on peanuts and almonds. I like to mix them in meals now and in yogurts. The only type of fat im consuming if from all natural PB, and peanuts/almonds. If I am watching my carbs (only having carbs for pre and post workouts, then will eating more essential fat in my diet cause me to gain weight or would this be similar to the keto diet? I will still be doing cardio alomst everyday and lifting. Will I be ok, and my goals are to just cut a few Bf% from 9-about 7.

Essential Fats has nothing to do with insilun right therefore it wont have any affect on gaining weight unless you over do it am I correct?

batistabomb
07-02-2005, 03:37 PM
anyone?

Travis04
07-02-2005, 03:46 PM
The amount of fat's you eat doesn't determin if you'll gain weight the amount of calories does. If you eat more calories then your body needs you'll store the excess as fat. If the only thing you eat if peanut butter and you don't exceed your calorie needs then you'll won't gain any weight...It's all about calories in vs. calories out....

MCconditioner
07-02-2005, 07:27 PM
The only type of fat im consuming if from all natural PB, and peanuts/almonds.

I've recently added fish oil to my diet. I was relying too much on nuts for my fat, even though I would usually eat salmon once a week.

Nuts are high omega-6 fatty acids but lack omega 3 fatty acids which are present in some fish.

People speak highly about the benefits of fish oil for its variety of health benefits as well as its ability to promote and maintain lean mass.