PDA

View Full Version : Night hunger

husu
07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Lately I have often felt hungry during the night, so much so that it awakens me. Two questions: Should I get up and eat something, and if yes, what? Does it mean I'm not getting enough food during the day, maybe some specific nutrient? I feel I eat enough already, as I'm trying to bulk up. Please advise.

Kraft
07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Lately I have often felt hungry during the night, so much so that it awakens me. Two questions: Should I get up and eat something, and if yes, what? Does it mean I'm not getting enough food during the day, maybe some specific nutrient? I feel I eat enough already, as I'm trying to bulk up. Please advise.

This happens to me, too. What I do is take a double-scoop of VPX Micellean (or othe casein protein) in water, which gives me a low-fat, 40-gram protein hit. Plus, I'll eat an apple (low glycemic carb with fiber), take 2 NOW Cider Vinegar capsules (which contains glucomannan, a hunger-reducer), and a shot of Sesamin for fat-burning. What this does for me is:
- Knock out my hunger
- Keep the muscle-building
- Keep the fat-burning/minimize fat increase
- Get me tired, again

And, if that's not enough, then I read or watch TV, which always does the trick.

Good luck!

bencher305
07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
trying adding 1tp of PB with your protein shake before bed, or flaxseeds, or better yeat casi. protein.... Your fat intake for the day might be low, which might cause you to be hungry.. IF you eat NPB before bed, dont gorge on it, but eat 1-2tsp. of it and youl have good fats and good protein shouldnt make you that hungry... say you g2 bed at like 11pm its ok to get up atlike 2am or 130am and eat somthing really low in carbs/fat and high in protein and go back to bed. NOthing wrong with this, for you muscles will thank you in the end...

RipStone
07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
what are you currently eating before bed? also, what are your stats, goals, and how many calories are you currently eating? maybe you are not eating enough throughout the day.

shrugmaster
07-01-2005, 02:12 PM
what are you currently eating before bed? also, what are your stats, goals, and how many calories are you currently eating? maybe you are not eating enough throughout the day.

yeah i think its probably that you might not be eating enough. if i dont eat enough during the day, i'll wake up because i'm starving and i feel small and dizzy.

husu
07-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have increased my caloric - especially fat - intake in the last few days, and I have added a slow-delivery protein shake before bed. I don't have to get up for a snack in the middle of the night any longer, but I still get up very hungry. I think this is normal, right?

Tatsumaru
07-04-2005, 08:28 AM
I'd change that shake into a meal. If I drink shakes to replace a meal I get hungry, despite getting a lot of nutrients. Drinking just isn't as satisfying as eating; I don't get the full feeling. And I hate being hungry.

So yeah, I'd suggest you EAT something before bed. Like cottage cheese with a tbsp peanut butter mixed through it, and a bowl with 1/2 cup of oats or something.

smckdwn989
07-04-2005, 08:48 AM
i just do a casein shake with milk, natty pb or almond butter and flax seeds

fills my stomach and digests nice and slowly...