PDA

View Full Version : Ted Kennedy makes me sick

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 09:38 AM
here is a quote by Ted Kennedy from monday
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/06/28/no_more_mr_nice_guy/

''This is a difficult and challenging profession. No one should come to it lightly. As it should be. People have to be held accountable, professionally, and the public is looking at it in terms of private lives, as well. Everything is fair game."

Everything is fair game? Fine, Senator. If people need to be held accountable in their private lives, when are you going to explain to us why wandering up and down that dark road on that July night in 1969 worrying about your political future. What was more important, your political life, or saving the life of that girl trapped in the car you managed to drive into the drink? You do know that Mary Jo was alive in that car for as much as two hours, don't you? Two hours to die while you're working on your cover-up. Accountable? Do you care to respond to the Mass. State Police Detective Lieutenant who said that you "killed that girl the same as if (you) put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger"? You belong in jail. Not in the U.S. Senate.

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Barbara Bush did the same thing. Lots of people did stupid stuff in 1969. What's your point?

Lars21
06-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 09:51 AM
don't forget to contact Teddy http://kennedy.senate.gov/index_low.html on July 18th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Barbara Bush did the same thing. Lots of people did stupid stuff in 1969. What's your point?

who did Barbara bush kill?

JUSA
06-30-2005, 10:33 AM
who did Barbara bush kill? No-one, they're just trying to squirm and absolve this cretin, Kennedy, by slandering Barbara Bush (as if anything anyone else has done makes Kennedy killing this girl and being more concerned covering it up OK).

****ing pathetic,

JUSA

CerealKiller
06-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

LOL :D line of the week

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 11:54 AM
who did Barbara bush kill?

That should read Laura Bush:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/e1698.htm

She ran a stop sign and killed a girl...stop being so hypocritical.

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 11:58 AM

big difference in running a stop sign and someone dying and getting drunk driving your car off a bridge and leaving some girl to die. It took 2 hrs for the girl to die, don't you think something could have been done to help her insteed of hiding out until the next day.

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
big difference in running a stop sign and someone dying and getting drunk driving your car off a bridge and leaving some girl to die. It took 2 hrs for the girl to die, don't you think something could have been done to help her insteed of hiding out until the next day.

I am sorry but this is a horribly pathetic attempt to have an debate. It's was 1969 for F's sake.

And no it's not worse. At least Kennedy was drunk. Laura was sober and she still ran through a stop sign. At least Kennedy was not a coke addicted, draft dodging playboy for most of his life like Laura's husband.

JUSA
06-30-2005, 12:02 PM

She ran a stop sign and killed a girl...stop being so hypocritical. How can you even compare these two incidents? How idiotic and biased can you be? Assuming this link you gave out was legit (I only mention this b/c the page was screwy), running a stop sign and accidentally killing someone is a little different than getting drunk, driving off a bridge and calling your lawyer (instead of help) while your passenger drowns.

JUSA

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 12:07 PM
How can you even compare these two incidents? How idiotic and biased can you be? Assuming this link you gave out was legit (I only mention this b/c the page was screwy), running a stop sign and accidentally killing someone is a little different than getting drunk, driving off a bridge and calling your lawyer (instead of help) while your passenger drowns.

JUSA

The hypocrisy in this topic is bloody ridiculous. It's the same thing. Besides people F up. It was 1969 and this is all you can say. Just because Kennedy is critic of Bush' foreign policy, you guys try to drag him down to your level. What happened to your supposed "freedom" and freedom of speech?

Republicans make me sick!

temporary
06-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Laura Bush and Ted Kennedy both broke the law and it resulted in someones death. Laura Bush and Teg Kennedy both got easy because politics is so corrupt. If one belongs in jail, they both do.

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
The hypocrisy in this topic is bloody ridiculous. It's the same thing. Besides people F up. It was 1969 and this is all you can say. Just because Kennedy is critic of Bush' foreign policy, you guys try to drag him down to your level. What happened to your supposed "freedom" and freedom of speech?

I made this thread because of Kennedy's hyupocricy in saying
"...People have to be held accountable, professionally, and the public is looking at it in terms of private lives, as well. Everything is fair game."
but if anybody asks him about Mary_Jo_Kopechne end of interview.

bulletproofsoul
06-30-2005, 12:16 PM

Everything is fair game? Fine, Senator. If people need to be held accountable in their private lives, when are you going to explain to us why wandering up and down that dark road on that July night in 1969 worrying about your political future. What was more important, your political life, or saving the life of that girl trapped in the car you managed to drive into the drink? You do know that Mary Jo was alive in that car for as much as two hours, don't you? Two hours to die while you're working on your cover-up. Accountable? Do you care to respond to the Mass. State Police Detective Lieutenant who said that you "killed that girl the same as if (you) put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger"? You belong in jail. Not in the U.S. Senate.sticklegs, you seem to have missed the point of the entire article.

I think it is accurate and revealing about American politics. Do you recall Arnold's election campaign in California? It was dirty and nasty.

Ted Kennedy has never been charged with any crime, nor have the alleged "facts" you have posted ever been proven. Do you believe everything you find on the internet via Google????

So it would seem Mr. Pseudo-intellectual. :)

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 12:23 PM
sticklegs, you seem to have missed the point of the entire article.

I think it is accurate and revealing about American politics. Do you recall Arnold's election campaign in California? It was dirty and nasty.

Ted Kennedy has never been charged with any crime, nor have the alleged "facts" you have posted ever been proven. Do you believe everything you find on the internet via Google????

So it would seem Mr. Pseudo-intellectual. :)

Kennedy was charged and tried for failing to report an accident involving "injury". But not for her death :rolleyes:

but I guess he can get with OJ and they can work together to find the real killers.

jake24
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
I have never liked ted kennedy but I dont ever remember hearing about this if its true and it seems to be thats disgusting!!!

morgansd12
06-30-2005, 12:53 PM

Did she evade the police afterwards and go to a party leaving the victim to die when she could have saved them?

Is She an elected official? Unless she is it is really irrelevant...I don't care if she is a child molester and mass murderer if she isn't an elected official.

MISTERDUDE
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM

!

Please tell me you aren't rationalizing what he did with with this crap. You yourself are being hypocritical by doing so. The thread wouldn't have started if the guy hadn't made the quote he did, so your way of saying Kennedy, who did not go to jail, is okay is by pointing out someone who did a similar thing?
Do you not see how flawed that is? Thats like saying that since suicide bombers kill so many innocent people, Israeli soldiers should, on a monthly basis, randomly kill 20 Muslims that they see.

This is why I cannot stand people who are so slanted to one side, they can't see logic and become drones to their political party. Kennedy was more concerned for his own freedom than the person that he hit, so he attempted to cover it up, and eventually got off free. Don't try to justify that.

morgansd12
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Laura Bush and Ted Kennedy both broke the law and it resulted in someones death. Laura Bush and Teg Kennedy both got easy because politics is so corrupt. If one belongs in jail, they both do.

Fine...send them both to jail. No one elected Barabra to office.

secondsight
06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Senator Teddy "The Swimmer" Kennedy is owned by the Unions here in Taxachusetts. It's an unholy alliance of corruption and greed.

JUSA
06-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Please tell me you aren't rationalizing what he did with with this crap. You yourself are being hypocritical by doing so. The thread wouldn't have started if the guy hadn't made the quote he did, so your way of saying Kennedy, who did not go to jail, is okay is by pointing out someone who did a similar thing?
Do you not see how flawed that is? Thats like saying that since suicide bombers kill so many innocent people, Israeli soldiers should, on a monthly basis, randomly kill 20 Muslims that they see.

This is why I cannot stand people who are so slanted to one side, they can't see logic and become drones to their political party. Kennedy was more concerned for his own freedom than the person that he hit, so he attempted to cover it up, and eventually got off free. Don't try to justify that. Those guys also quite stupidly leave out that what Bush did was an accident. What Kennedy did was premeditated. Laura was just bad driving. Kennedy thought about it and decided to try and cover his own tracks rather than try and save a human life that he'd endangered.

It's also worthless to come here and say someone could only hold something against Kennedy because of his attacks on Bush. Worthless and just ridiculous and stupid, btw. Kennedy is an extreme individual and prone to saying offensive crap and that's looking the other way about that girl he drowned. To suggest anyone who doesn't like him must be some right-wing lunatic is just below moronic.

Have fun in la-la land,

JUSA

JUSA
06-30-2005, 01:38 PM
The hypocrisy in this topic is bloody ridiculous. It's the same thing. It's been pointed out over-and-over that it's not. Laura didn't think about what she did - it just happened. Kennedy had a chance to try and save that girl. He opted to call his lawyer for spin-control while that girl was dying.

Besides people F up. It was 1969 and this is all you can say. When Kennedy whines that digging up people's past is fair game - Yes, I think this little incident is OK to bring back up. Btw, I love how it having happened 37 years ago makes it in your book "no big thing". I guess killing a girl has a statue of limitations, but having done cocain a couple times should NEVER BE FORGOTTEN! (I'm sure you've never called Bush a coke-head, right? Hell, you've probably done it a few times in this thread alone...)

Just because Kennedy is critic of Bush' foreign policy, you guys try to drag him down to your level. Excuse me? I've never killed anyone. Aside from a few speeding tickets, I've never broken any law. I know without exaggerating or lying you're not able to make many arguments but you ought to pick your lies a bit better, pal. Btw, I've despised Kennedy long before he said word one about Bush's foreign policy - as I suspect many have as well.

What happened to your supposed "freedom" and freedom of speech? This happens so often and every time it's just such a sad example of outright stupidity. I'll ask you, knowing full well you won't respond (because you can't), HOW IS THIS A FREEDOM OF SPEECH ISSUE? FoS ONLY applies to the Government not allowing a person to speak. It doesn't mean, to your chagrin, that people can say stupid things and not get called on it.

Republicans make me sick! Oh, shut up already.

JUSA

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
This happens so often and every time it's just such a sad example of outright stupidity. I'll ask you, knowing full well you won't respond (because you can't), HOW IS THIS A FREEDOM OF SPEECH ISSUE? FoS ONLY applies to the Government not allowing a person to speak. It doesn't mean, to your chagrin, that people can say stupid things and not get called on it.

Oh, shut up already.

JUSA

Firstly they both made mistakes, horrible mistakes. It happened to both people when they were young.

Now 36 years later you want to drag this bag because you are upset about him critisizing your sleazebag president. Dragging this back for him speaking his mind (and he is correct in his assessment of Bush's record btw) is simply ridiculous. Instead of debating the concerns he has raised, you feel the only way to respond is to drag something back into this debate. Something that was horribly wrong but that happened a long long time ago.

I won't tell you to shut up. Free speech should be encouraged...

JUSA
06-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Firstly they both made mistakes, horrible mistakes. It happened to both people when they were young. Kennedy was younger but not young. 37 years old... young? You make it sound like he was just a kid who didn't know any better. Talk about spinning! Then again, I doubt you'll say as much about a teenage 17-year old Laura Welch and her accident.

Now 36 years later you want to drag this bag because you are upset about him critisizing your sleazebag president. You aren't retarded by chance, are you? I only ask because that's how you seem to act. I've already stated how my comments regarding Kennedy have zip to do with whatever nonsense he's spun regarding Bush. Rather than comment on that, you just spout your hairbrained garbage out once again.

Btw, I'm losing track of how many times this has been said but I'll say it again: Re-read Kennedy's own quote. He doesn't seem to think it should be off-limits to other people... why should HE be exempt?

Dragging this back for him speaking his mind He's entitled to speak his dumb opinions but it's highly hypocritical of him (which is the point of this thread which you've missed).

(and he is correct in his assessment of Bush's record btw) Says you - and in my book the jury is still out on whether your mentally handicapped or not.

is simply ridiculous. Instead of debating the concerns he has raised, you feel the only way to respond is to drag something back into this debate. People can talk about idoitic things Kennedy brings up in ANOTHER thread. This one is about his hypocricy. Why can't YOU debate the concerns raised by sticklegs? Hmm?

Something that was horribly wrong but that happened a long long time ago. I'm just assuming here you think what Bush is doing in Iraq is wrong and you think he's responsible for killing innocents. While I disgaree, I guess in 30 years it would be in poor taste to bring up what he did. While we're at it, why are people still talking about Hitler and what he did? Don't they realize over 50 years have passed?

I just don't get stupid people who don't realize that after 30-50 years anything anyone does should be forgotten! What idiots!

I won't tell you to shut up. Free speech should be encouraged... And yet you only seem to encourage it when it suits you.

JUSA

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Actually I encouraged you to speak your mind. You obviously don't have a problem with that and that's a good thing. ;)

This is a stupid thread. The point in itself is stupid and you obviously missed Kennedy's point. Everything in politics is fair game. Do you honestly think this was not big news 30 odd years ago. Its' still being brought up today. Should one horrible mistake be brought up time and time again?

Everything is fair game. Kennedy got that all too well. It was dealt with 30 odd years ago. You just can't get that.

Lars21
06-30-2005, 03:13 PM

She ran a stop sign by accident. The difference is Sen. Kennedy was drunk and did nothing to save the woman. She made a mistake, that is not illegal. Kennedy broke the law.

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Firstly they both made mistakes, horrible mistakes. It happened to both people when they were young.

Now 36 years later you want to drag this bag because you are upset about him critisizing your sleazebag president. Dragging this back for him speaking his mind (and he is correct in his assessment of Bush's record btw) is simply ridiculous. Instead of debating the concerns he has raised, you feel the only way to respond is to drag something back into this debate. Something that was horribly wrong but that happened a long long time ago.

guess what I'm not a republican, and I didn't bring this up because he critisized Bush, I bring it up because of teddy's Hypocracy (and the fact I hate this man and nearly every thing he stands for)

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 03:16 PM
guess what I'm not a republican, and I didn't bring this up because he critisized Bush, I bring it up because of teddy's Hypocracy (and the fact I hate this man and nearly every thing he stands for)

This thread is a joke. Its' not hypocrisy. He spoke from personal experience. Just because you didn't get it, it doesn't mean its' hypocrisy. Next time when you want to start a thread, put some thought into it...

JUSA
06-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Everything is fair game. Kennedy got that all too well. It was dealt with 30 odd years ago. You just can't get that. I didn't get a chance to say much about this at the time, I wasn't born at the time. I'm just getting my chance to talk here.

JUSA

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I didn't get a chance to say much about this at the time, I wasn't born at the time. I'm just getting my chance to talk here.

JUSA

Well it's a free country or is it?...

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Well it's a free country or is it?...

it will be as long as people like teddy are kept from power.

Ruhanv
06-30-2005, 03:21 PM
it will be as long as people like teddy are kept from power.

Actually civil rights and free speech is one the things that have always been at the top of his and other democrats' agendas. What has TK ever done to supress free speech?

sticklegs
06-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Actually civil rights and free speech is one the things that have always been at the top of his and other democrats' agendas. What has TK ever done to supress free speech?
he supported a bill banning hate speech that is very much agianst free speech and it is a myth that Dems are more for civil rights than republicans. In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes.

JUSA
06-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Actually civil rights and free speech is one the things that have always been at the top of his and other democrats' agendas. What has TK ever done to supress free speech? http://www.nationalcenter.org/Kennedy797.html

Diesel66
07-01-2005, 04:35 AM
How did Laura Bush escape punishment because of political reasons when she was 17 ?? Worst case they could have gotten her for involuntary manslaughter for not paying attention. 40,000 Americans die on the roads annually, I guarantee there are not 40,000 Americans throw in prison for those accidents.

Lars21
07-01-2005, 06:39 AM

I believe he signed on to the campaign finance reform. That was meant to silence groups like the NRA and others. He realizes this doesn't hurt the Left because the mainstream media is on their side.

Lars21
07-01-2005, 06:42 AM
How did Laura Bush escape punishment because of political reasons when she was 17 ?? Worst case they could have gotten her for involuntary manslaughter for not paying attention. 40,000 Americans die on the roads annually, I guarantee there are not 40,000 Americans throw in prison for those accidents.

I think people fail to make a distinction here. Laura Bush may have broken the law by running a stop sign. Ted Kennedy on the other hand, was boozing and cruising and didn't even help the woman who they say lived for a couple more hours. How hard is it to see the difference?

INDEPENDENT 18
11-17-2005, 01:36 PM

Everything is fair game? Fine, Senator. If people need to be held accountable in their private lives, when are you going to explain to us why wandering up and down that dark road on that July night in 1969 worrying about your political future. What was more important, your political life, or saving the life of that girl trapped in the car you managed to drive into the drink? You do know that Mary Jo was alive in that car for as much as two hours, don't you? Two hours to die while you're working on your cover-up. Accountable? Do you care to respond to the Mass. State Police Detective Lieutenant who said that you "killed that girl the same as if (you) put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger"? You belong in jail. Not in the U.S. Senate.

Woah solid post. That is exactly how I feel. He should be put in jail with his nephew.

catmando
11-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Exactly. How bout you right wingers debate the points Kennedy raised instead of all that character assassination you guys do? It's out of control.

Free speech for the Rethugs. You condemn yourselves every time you open your mouths.

Chase Brawn
11-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Is this true?

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3910b26e685a.htm

majortrepak
11-19-2005, 03:00 AM
Exactly. How bout you right wingers debate the points Kennedy raised instead of all that character assassination you guys do? It's out of control.

Free speech for the Rethugs. You condemn yourselves every time you open your mouths.
omg
free speech does not mean no one can critize you

runjumpthrow
11-19-2005, 03:13 AM
he supported a bill banning hate speech that is very much agianst free speech and it is a myth that Dems are more for civil rights than republicans. In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes.

Well, c'mon now!

The Democratic Party of the 1870s-1960s or so was VERY different from the Democratic Party of today.