PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Protein shakes :)

SheWulf
10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
So got some teeth pulled a couple days ago, and i'm having no trouble consuming regular foods, but i've been making some shakes with ice cubes for a delicious frozen treat and i was wondering if anyone had any lower cal ideas on variations of shakes i can make. I say lower cal just becuase i make a lot of them a day to help with swelling and such.

The shake i make now is delicious, and very simple... 1 scoop optimum 100% whey double chocolate with about 2 oz. skim milk, 5-6 ice cubes, and about a tablespoon of splenda.

About 140 cals, yet very filling and feels so good to the mouth.

Anyone else make frozen stuff like this? I mean it tastes as good to me as ice cream, i'd love to try something else. Maybe adding some almonds or PB? Don't want many carbs in these guys

Phill.D
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
let me try and get this strait do you want them low calorie or low carb ? because PB will not make them low calorie (tho they will be good)

a rich high protein/ mid carb low fat mix I like is 1 cup milk, 1 cup nofat greek style yogurt, 1/2 cup crushed pinnapple, 1 scoop whey (vanilla flavoring and spenda depending on how strong the whey's flavor is) frozen or just chilled. it has a sweet, creamy, tangy flavor.

also apples go well in sakes (really sweetens it up and works with about any fruit combo too)

AllGenetix
10-19-2007, 10:27 PM
add some xantham gum to your shake, about 1tsp-1tbsp. it will make your shake thicker, and less liquidy so it feels like a milkshake. should add some varitey to your shakes

SheWulf
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Lower carb, meaning i won't be adding oats or anything like that, but healthy fats i actually lack. I just put lower cal becuase i'm not looking for something that going to be like 800 calories since i want to be able to have several of them a day :) Basically looking for high protein/med fat/low carb

And where do you get xantham gum? Does it effect flavor?