PDA

View Full Version : Cutting...losing bf...

Wanna_get_big
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I know theres probably 10million post on this same thing but im curious, I plan on cutting here in about a week but im wondering what would be the best foods to eat, my real goal is to lose body fat, I know should eat meats chicken, fish etc...what im really wondering on is what vegetables and if any fruits would be good for a cutting diet. My father hasn't been to the grocery store in over a month I don't know what his problem is but hopefully I can get him there and get me some clean foods. Thank you all in advance.

riseboi
06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stella9.htm

flab 2 fab
06-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Fish : Tuna, Salmon, Whiteing
Chicken
Turkey
Lean beef

Veggies : Broccholi, spinach, squash, cauliflower
Fruits : Kiwi, Bananas, strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries (any berry is high in antioxidiants)

Oats
Eggs

those are basically the staples of my shopping list every week, and read around and you'll start to find a lot more clean eating stuff to add

Wanna_get_big
06-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Ok one more question how should I group foods at meals, say breakfast would a meat like eggs,piece of fruit, and a vegetable work? or am I way off base?

Monkeys400
06-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I also kinda wanna know what I should do....

This week I got

Bananas
Green Apples
Regular Oatmeal
Grilled Chicken 8oz pattys (I cook in boiling water)
Salmon
Whole Wheat Bread
2% milk
Brocolli Florets
Tomatoes
Egg Whites

I have read so many different methods of cutting I dont know which one to choose. I dont have much access to equiptment so I cant really do much lifting but as long as I can drop like 4% body fat within a not so long period of time ill be happy. Plus I actually like the foods I eat now and I cant even keep up with the 5-6 small meals.

Right now im 6'2 with shoes so im about 6'+... I weigh 170 at about 16% body fat. I have little fat on my arms and upperbody. My waist area and below is where the fat is. I have very thich legs and all bones to my belief but I dont know. I wanna get healthy so I can start training for boxing. I just wanna get down to a fit low body fat %, go to a gym and see how much I enjoy boxing and go from there. I also like football, and I can throw great in my opinion and have heard many people this year say I have a great arm.

JSmile
06-27-2005, 07:24 PM
mushrooms okay?

Wanna_get_big
06-28-2005, 07:24 AM
bump.

fastEd
06-28-2005, 07:36 AM
I also kinda wanna know what I should do....

This week I got

Bananas
Green Apples
Regular Oatmeal
Grilled Chicken 8oz pattys (I cook in boiling water)
Salmon
Whole Wheat Bread
2% milk
Brocolli Florets
Tomatoes
Egg Whites

I have read so many different methods of cutting I dont know which one to choose. I dont have much access to equiptment so I cant really do much lifting but as long as I can drop like 4% body fat within a not so long period of time ill be happy. Plus I actually like the foods I eat now and I cant even keep up with the 5-6 small meals.

Right now im 6'2 with shoes so im about 6'+... I weigh 170 at about 16% body fat. I have little fat on my arms and upperbody. My waist area and below is where the fat is. I have very thich legs and all bones to my belief but I dont know. I wanna get healthy so I can start training for boxing. I just wanna get down to a fit low body fat %, go to a gym and see how much I enjoy boxing and go from there. I also like football, and I can throw great in my opinion and have heard many people this year say I have a great arm.

I would maybe replace the bananas with some other fruit............they have potasium which is good but if your trying to lean up bananas can have a high sugar content as far as fruit goes.................especially as they sit the sugar content goes up. I know that's getting a little picky but you might want to check into it.

Try skim milk or at least a lower % your getting lots of extra calories w/ the 2%...............I also try to stay away from boiling anything because you end up with the nutrients in the water not the food, grill, grill, grill

all opinions....................with a little fact.........

Monkeys400
06-28-2005, 08:04 AM
good reply.... I just found out about a site fitday.com . You can record your meals and it averages out the P/C/F % ratio. Someone told me 50/30/20 but I dont know. On that site you can customize the foods to match the label on your foods container or w/e. So that is pretty cool. I am pretty serious about this, im late but trying to get ready for sports in school this coming year. I am interested in boxing, and football right now. I havent had any time in the ring but I believe I have the gift. Football I know I am great, I just need to get off my ass and get my wheels going faster.

Anyway I am having a little trouble planning out my meal on fitday, I was wondering if 50/30/20 is a good ratio to eat at. If so I need some help figuring this out. Do I need 6 meals? Oh and the milk is 1% lowfat or some ****.

SSBOY
06-28-2005, 08:18 AM
IMO i belive u shud keep the milk as as the fat percentage goes down.. so does the protein :). and i dno about the calcium but u nead that too