PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Diet Plan

Bhenderson01
06-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey i have been positng everywhere i have read the stickies but i am not sure on how ot make a diet plan like brefkast time snack time lunch time work out time dinner time snack time like that and i don't knwo wha tto include im a obease person 400+ pounds and I am trying ot start losing weights and i have tried toa sk people but i can't ge tno help can someoen please help me make a food plan lik ea Diet Plan?? I think I need High Protein and Low Carbohydrates and low sugar cause I am diabetic i have type 2 diabetes. So can someoen hlep me out please??

RipStone
06-26-2005, 05:42 AM
check out these links...

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...fficial+cutting

Your diet should consist of these foods most of the time...

carbs: oats, yams, brown rice, 100% whole wheat bread, fruits, veggies, barley, low-GI beans(garbanzo, black, pinto)

protein: chicken breasts, tuna, salmon, cottage cheese, whey, turkey breast, lean red meat, eggs

fats: natural pb, raw nuts, fish and oilve oil

Some guidelines...

-eat 5-8 meals a day
-have a meal every 2-3 hours
-avoid processes food
-eat at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight
-eat your veggies

AAR
06-26-2005, 07:30 AM
Just to further elaborate what RipStone is talking about to not get you confused.

-Eat 5-8 SMALL meals per day: The idea behind this is that eating a higher frequencey of smaller meals but with the same total calories throughout your day will increase your metabolism to a fast rate where your body will be burning fat. The problem you may encounter though is that you have to eat the right foods. Don't eat fast food, processed, etc.

-Have a meal every 2-3 hours: Think of this analogy. Your body is like a fireplace where you need to keep up the fire throughout the entire day so that it will burn fat. When you eat the right foods, they happen to prolong the burning and quality of the fire. When you eat bad foods, they happen to decrease the time and the quality of the fire substantially that it will quickly fizzle out. So the idea is that you want to keep the fire up at all times. So eating every 2-3 hours with the RIGHT food will keep the fire going at a blazing rate.

-Avoid processed foods: Processed foods such as fast-food (that's right- things such as McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, etc.) have jam packed calories and fat than ever needed. Plus the quality is extremely low. Not to add that these things are loaded with hormones and body-altering chemicals that lead to serious diseases such as diabetes and cancer.

-Eat at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight: So, if you're a 200 pounder, you should aim to have 200grams of protein per day. Ideally, you will want to have more so about 250-300 grams. The idea behind this is that you want to save your MUSCLE mass and lean body mass because you will look hella scrawny even though you're losing weight (which most likely will be a combination of fat and a signficant amount of muscle). So spare your muscle with protein.

-Eat your veggies: Veggies are extremely good for your health. Not only will they give you benefits such as better eyes and skin, they are good for your body. Veggies contain fiber which make you feel full so that you won't overeat and they are extremely low in calories. A whole bowl of brocolli is something like less than 50 calories or so if I'm not mistaken. Well the point is that they are low.

And that came off the top of my head. Hope this helped.