PDA

View Full Version : Anybody eat sushi on a bulk?

jessekib
10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Rice and fish, ummmm...........*mouth waters*

I went to a chinese buffet for lunch and they had an open sushi bar with a little man making fresh rolls and sushami. I ate more sushi then the rest of normal general tso's and other fried crap, although i just had to have a few peices of the crap.;)

I was just wondering if any of you eat sushi often when bulking or is there something i need to know about it. I was in a way "forced" to go to the buffet and feel i made a better decision buy eating more sushi than crap. What do you guys think?

medo30886
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM

I went to a chinese buffet for lunch and they had an open sushi bar with a little man making fresh rolls and sushami. I ate more sushi then the rest of normal general tso's and other fried crap, although i just had to have a few peices of the crap.;)

I was just wondering if any of you eat sushi often when bulking or is there something i need to know about it. I was in a way "forced" to go to the buffet and feel i made a better decision buy eating more sushi than crap. What do you guys think?
i've never ate sushi
do u think i may find it in egypt?

Mcnults
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, all the time. Sake nigiri ftmfw. I'll survive the white rice.

DrumTech
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM

How many "don't" is what you should be asking....

jessekib
10-18-2007, 02:27 PM
i've never ate sushi
do u think i may find it in egypt?

Not sure bro.....Google it maybe.

Thanks for the replys.......repped.

justanothagirl
10-18-2007, 02:37 PM
i like the sashimi :) its hard to get around here tho.

Rodzilla
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
i like the sashimi :) its hard to get around here tho.

around where?

justanothagirl
10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
holland.

SonnabenD
10-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Almost all sashimi is incredibly healthy, just make sure you eat a ton of it when bulking because most of it is very low in calories.

jessekib
10-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I like eating tons of shasimi;)

Rich30N90W
10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Sashimi is healthy, you can eat it anytime - cut, bulk, cheat meal, or whatever you want. However on a cut, might want to avoid rolls with the excessive white rice.

Now I want the sushi buffet for my cheat meal tomorrow, lol

BB_Surf
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
switch with brown rice and go crazy

reaper55
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I love sushi every kind i have ever tried (lots) has been amazing!! I am bulking right now and eat it as much as I can but it is kind of expensive for the good stuff (not buffet). The only pieces that im not crazy about are the rolls covered with fish roe.

AllGenetix
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
when i bulked i set a PR or 74 pieces mixed nigiri (tuna, salmon, halibut, yellowtail)

i love all you can eat for 23.99 by my house. i got to know the chefs pretty damn well so they catered to my weird concoctions i asked them to make

saltwater09
10-18-2007, 09:27 PM
There's this place in Mansfield, OH called Wokano that makes BOMB spicy tuna rolls with tempura bits mixed into the tuna/spicy mixture. Soooo good. Their Spicy Girl roll is excellent, so I've heard, but I haven't tried it yet(only a matter of time, ya know).

Riain00
10-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Im not sure, but I remember reading maki rolls with tempura (or anything with tempura batter) is high in fats.

Tempura is kinda orangish sauce and crunchy texture and taste really good. I know it's in Kamikaze roles.

masterjb
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
yea, eat sushi, its good and good for you....the white rice is eh, but who cares

yeah buddy
10-18-2007, 10:35 PM
i live in vancouver so there's lots of "all you can eat" places. Sometimes if I train at night, i go on the way homem salmon nigiri till it hurts..but when its time for a show, i miss it that much more..greatest offseason food ever

Spottydog
10-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Sushi>>>>>general tso's and crap.
Sashimi, especially. Watch the rolls though, someimes they add mayo, and sometimes the non-fresh packaged ones have hfcs.
But otherwise, my IDEAL pwo meal.

Spottydog
10-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I love sushi every kind i have ever tried (lots) has been amazing!! I am bulking right now and eat it as much as I can but it is kind of expensive for the good stuff (not buffet). The only pieces that im not crazy about are the rolls covered with fish roe.

Ahh, those are my favorite. :(

jessekib
10-19-2007, 06:25 AM
Thanks yall, im all out of reps now but i'll come back and hit yall up. I never looked into this subject. I just got into the whole sushi thing about three months ago and im hooked.

BTW the buffet was only 6.75 tax included! and the sushi was being made fresh right in front of you.

Baixaria
10-19-2007, 06:26 AM
when i bulked i set a PR or 74 pieces mixed nigiri (tuna, salmon, halibut, yellowtail)

i love all you can eat for 23.99 by my house. i got to know the chefs pretty damn well so they catered to my weird concoctions i asked them to make

74pieces...lol overkill but thats insane. Must have been fish burping for like 3 days =)

mjfan12
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Im all into the Japanese culture, but never tried sushi.

I have recently had some of the convinience store stuff and I liked it, but I know they are garbage compared to the real quality stuff. I really want to try the tuna stuff.

I'm trying to cut right now but some white rice here and there won't kill you, you need to enjoy life and not be uptight with every little thing.

but I had the Maki Rolls so far so I don't know WTF I'm talking about with the different varieties out there.

Healthy Asian food FTW

blai4754
10-19-2007, 08:16 AM
i miss sushi. nvr tried on a bulk but if you do, eat lots of fish and cut out half the rice that comes with it.

Littlebigaj
10-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I go out for sushi at least once a week. It took me a while, but I have found a sushi bar that will make rolls with brown rice for an extra buck. I had to ask about it though, it wasn't an option on the menu. Makes eating sushi guilt free IMO.

The Solution
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
great source of protein.. just watch how they prep it.. might be full of sodium.. but there is no downside to it.. its just raw fish loaded with protein.. enjoy it in moderation is my 2 cents

GForce78NJ
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM

where in NJ u from that u can get the brown rice from? (name of place and town would be appreciated) I range from around my house, flemington/pennington area for sushi all the way up to randolph to go to buffets, but cant find a place to specially make brown rice rolls

GForce78NJ
10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
74pieces...lol overkill but thats insane. Must have been fish burping for like 3 days =)

most i ever ate was 68 and i threw up right when i got home, couldnt hold it in it was sooo painful... I always overdo sushi tho and eat until my stomach is about to explode

Mcnults
10-19-2007, 09:37 AM

I know brown rice is ideal, but it has what... 1 extra gram of fiber per serving? Is that what all the white vs brown hooplah is about? If you're getting enough whole grains and such throughout your day, and eating the white rice with lots of protein and fat (aka the fish) to slow the absorption, what is the big deal?

Sleepstream
10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
I know brown rice is ideal, but it has what... 1 extra gram of fiber per serving? Is that what all the white vs brown hooplah is about? If you're getting enough whole grains and such throughout your day, and eating the white rice with lots of protein and fat (aka the fish) to slow the absorption, what is the big deal?

This is exactly how I feel. On a bulk, most people should be getting plenty of fiber, and the difference between white rice and brown rice should not be of concern.

Sushi with brown rice is just not the same as it is with white rice.

GForce78NJ
10-19-2007, 09:42 AM
This is exactly how I feel. On a bulk, most people should be getting plenty of fiber, and the difference between white rice and brown rice should not be of concern.

i pretty much feel that way too, sushi is so good dont want to tamper with it!

Mcnults
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM

Amen.

ASpec818
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I loooovvee sashimi. Drench it in soysauce with a tad of wasabi and you have yourself something healthy that tastes MF'in badass!

mjfan12
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I just ate some prepackaged stuff again. spicy tuna rolls. from the store on campus. was pretty good, they have them made everyday from a local place called Kohan.

But I would still want the real deal made in front of me.

Anyways man this wasabi is some hardcore ****! I ate some by itself and it almost made me cry since it's so intense! My nasal passages were on fire. Clears up the sinusus when they're stuffed!

But mixed in with the rolls they tase good.

The Lone Wolf
10-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Ummm .... Sushi can give ya Tapeworms ...

And I can show you a link

Spottydog
10-20-2007, 07:11 PM
most i ever ate was 68 and i threw up right when i got home, couldnt hold it in it was sooo painful... I always overdo sushi tho and eat until my stomach is about to explode

Yeah... I can only eat 12 or so before I'm stuffed, if I'm starving before. Filling stuff!

saltwater09
01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Ummm .... Sushi can give ya Tapeworms ...

And I can show you a link

Link?

zkid002
01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Sushi is absolutely amazing. Nough said.