PDA

View Full Version : Trieng to make a diet - please help with more food options

liluno
06-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Ok I am trying to make a diet to follow, but I dont want to eat the same thing ever day so I need some help here. I want my diet to be as clean and pretty healthy as I can do while sitll enjoying what I eat.
I am also unclear as to when I should eat differnt types of food? For instance when is a good time to eat cottage cheese or does it not matter.

My goal is to consume between 1800-2500 calories (will be switching calories daily).

Here are some of the foods I currently eat that I know are healthy for you and good choices (if some are not healthy please let me know):
1. Chicken breast
2. Turkey breast
3. Fat free Cottage Cheese
4. Oats
5. Grits
6. Shrimp
7. Salmon and Cod
8. Natural PB
9. Egg Whites
10. Whole Wheat and Grain Bread
11. KAshi Go Lean and KAshi Puffs
12. Protein shakes
13. VEggies and Fruits
14. Potatos (Baked and Sweet)
15. Ham
16. Nuts
17. Fat Free Milk

Here are some foods I enjoy eating, but not sure if they are healthy or ok when trying to eat healthy (mostly snack types):
1: Kashi Go Lean Waffles
2. Sugar Free Pudding
3. Jello
4. Fat Free or Light Yogurt
5. Kashi Strawberry Paradise Cereal
6. Kashi Granola Bars
7. Orange Juice
8. Chicken Wings
9. Ribeye and or Pork Loin

Please help me with anything else that is good and healthy to eat and also if you can inform me if any of the items I listed are not healthy to eat or if they are ok whens the best time to eat them.

Also what about goodie meals? I love chips and salsa, is that ok occasionaly?

hardbodygirl
06-24-2005, 06:59 PM
ok i feel bad nobody is helping you but this is a really hard thing to do here. You dont need a specific diet planmeal by meal, just make sure all those foods you have listed are around to eat and you can eat them whenever. And make sure that your eating a small meal every 2-3 hours, and get atleast a gram of protein per pound of body weight. Also those foods you like, dont cut them at all otherwise your diet wont last. The best time to consume some sugar is right after your workout that way your body will use it in a positive way to refuel and rebuild. Other than the basics you will learn the rest with time. Good luck.

JMillion
06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Some good stuff thats not on your list: Red Meat, some egg yolks, not just the whites (a 3:1 or 2:1 white to yolk ratio would work best for most people), all fish, not just salmon, cod and shrimp,brown rice, beans, 100% whole wheat pasta

As far as the second list goes, yogurt is a positive, just look at the label. A general rule is the fewer ingredients, the better. Chicken wings should definetely not be a mainstay in your diet. Alot of people will probably be against the orange juice, but if you're going to drink it, make sure it is as close to fresh squeezed as possible. No added anything.

balplayer0
06-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Here are some foods I enjoy eating, but not sure if they are healthy or ok when trying to eat healthy (mostly snack types):
1: Kashi Go Lean Waffles
2. Sugar Free Pudding
3. Jello
4. Fat Free or Light Yogurt
5. Kashi Strawberry Paradise Cereal
6. Kashi Granola Bars
7. Orange Juice
8. Chicken Wings
9. Ribeye and or Pork Loin

your top 17 is a great list.. meals high in protein AND carbs should be taken in the morning as your body has been fasting throughout the night.. foods like cottage cheese, milk, and casein protein enriched foods should be taken before bed as they have slow protein absorbtion. drink lots of water throughout the day! and it is ok to include maybe 1 or 2 of the things on your list.. if ur cutting, the less the better.....

1. the lean waffles are ok bec kashi makes healthier products... if ur cravin these waffles eat 2 with a protein shake and call it good for breakfast
2. no sugar free pussing, go for sugar free and fat free jello
3. fat free/sugar free jello is a great low calorie snack
4. yogurt is solid if u get the light 100 calorie ones
5. stay away from cereal... eat natural oatmeal
6. no granolas
7. drink water
8. chicken wings are horrible for you
9. sure

liluno
06-25-2005, 12:53 PM
I am also trying to find a ratio to follow? I heard 40/40/20 is used most common, but then I read if you consume more fats than protein you will lose more weight? Is that true?

Also is there any other goodie type meals that I am able to have? Is one cheat day ok, where I basically can consume about 500 more calories than my highest caloric intake day and eat more of what I want?

If I am only 138 lbs, 10 % BF, 67 in (5'7) and 18 yrs old, is 1500-2000 calories a day to low to maintain my bodyweight?

rockstarsar
06-25-2005, 01:22 PM
I am also trying to find a ratio to follow? I heard 40/40/20 is used most common, but then I read if you consume more fats than protein you will lose more weight? Is that true?

Also is there any other goodie type meals that I am able to have? Is one cheat day ok, where I basically can consume about 500 more calories than my highest caloric intake day and eat more of what I want?

If I am only 138 lbs, 10 % BF, 67 in (5'7) and 18 yrs old, is 1500-2000 calories a day to low to maintain my bodyweight?

Ratios are come to AFTER all macronutrient values have been determined. They are not what you shoot for -they are incidental.

Cheating is a personal choice, and if you can do it without feeling guilty and are able to get back on track the very next day and eat clean until your next cheat, it won't really set you back.

1500-2000 calories look too low to maintain. Upwards of 2000, at least.

liluno
06-25-2005, 11:40 PM
IF I have a cheat day and eat whatever I want it would be ok or do I need to moderate it? Or would it be better to have like a couple days that alow me to eat a meal of my choice?

What about snacking, meaning a few chips here and there, or cookies throughout the day?

Around 2500 would that be maintaining or gaining?

ovidiu
06-26-2005, 02:31 AM
i think salmon is a little high on mercury... maybe you should switch it for tuna