PDA

View Full Version : Too many protien shakes???????

crash32
10-18-2007, 03:49 AM
I was wondering if there are any danger of drinking too many protien shakes. I try as hard as I can to get my protien from real food but sometimes (most of the time) I have to end up drinking 4 or 5 shakes a day in order to get enough protien.

I am assuming that is okay but I wanted to ask the experts first!

Thanks

IH8ECTOMORPHISM
10-18-2007, 03:52 AM
Experts? Where?

It is best to get it from whole food of course, but I myself have around 3-4 shakes a day along with meals depending on whether or not it is a workout day.

I don't think it is particularly dangerous or anything.

The Solution
10-18-2007, 05:02 AM
I was wondering if there are any danger of drinking too many protien shakes. I try as hard as I can to get my protien from real food but sometimes (most of the time) I have to end up drinking 4 or 5 shakes a day in order to get enough protien.

I am assuming that is okay but I wanted to ask the experts first!

Thanks

well.. how is it that hard to get enough protein? 4 oz of a lean meat yields about 30g of protein.. eat that 6-7 times a day and ur over 180-210.. i find u really wont need much more then thaqt.. and 4 oz isnt that much

whole food is superior over whey anyday.. its common knowledge.. read some of the nutirtion articles in the nutrition section on the real sight.. ull easily find ur anwser

AusPower
10-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Protein shakes are a dietary supplement...not a staple.
As said, stick to real (healthy) food, it provides your body with more than a protein shake ever could.

I personally have 2 shakes a day, one when I get up with breakfast, and one after I workout.

skinnyboipgh
10-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Soooo, for example say u r eating 3000 cal/day on a 40-40-20 split.

That would be 1200 cal protein or 300g.

Now figuring the average protein shake @ 30g, 4 shakes would be 120g or 40% of total protein intake from supplements.

IMO that's too much, I'd limit it to no more than 30% of protein intake from supplements, which would be 3 shakes in this example. In my own diet, I limit it to 2 shakes, b4 & after workout.

Musclefever
10-18-2007, 05:47 AM
you can have as many protein shake as you like BUT DO consume at least 100gram protein from food

gl:)

lollerskatez
10-18-2007, 06:04 AM
there's a guy at my job that pounds protein shakes like water. and he doesn't work out enough so it gives him a huge gut.