PDA

View Full Version : Protein Question.....

philintheblank
10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
I know general knowledge says you should have 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight; is this true? I have recently been told and read that you should be eating more like 1.2 grams per kg (2.2 lbs.) of bodyweight. I've also been told you should calculate your lean mass and only take a gram of protein per pound of lean mass....ie 200 lbs. with 30% body fat= 140 lbs. lean mass which = 140 grams of protein. Is this for a regular joe who doesn't have a regimen or is it what I should be doing when I'm not bulking?....any light shed would be appreciated, thanks.

ironraider52
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
1.5-2 grams of protein per body weight if cutting or maintaining. And almost 2.5-3 grams if trying to put on a good bulk.

but make sure its lean protein. and if u cant afford to do the 1.5-2 grams then i would say 1 gram is ok.

when i am on the week on get paid im relatively low funded so for a couple days i might just eat about 150-220 gramss of protein and i weigh 235-242.

unless ur competing sum way or nething like that i wouldnt worry about hitting that exact number all that much.

The Solution
10-17-2007, 12:14 PM
1.5-2 grams of protein per body weight if cutting or maintaining. And almost 2.5-3 grams if trying to put on a good bulk.

but make sure its lean protein. and if u cant afford to do the 1.5-2 grams then i would say 1 gram is ok.

when i am on the week on get paid im relatively low funded so for a couple days i might just eat about 150-220 gramss of protein and i weigh 235-242.

unless ur competing sum way or nething like that i wouldnt worry about hitting that exact number all that much.

2.5-3g of protein per lb?

where did u hear that nonsense?

so if someone is 200 lbs 600g of protein.. man jay cutler or arnold enver took that much..

interesting fact there..

btw i stopped reading after that first line