PDA

View Full Version : Chlaxman's MAN Clout log

chlaxman
06-22-2005, 08:24 AM
I just finished my White Blood log and I am now starting to use MAN Clout, which I've wanted to use since it came out. I think the ingredients are solid and it's nice to get on a new form of creatine.

Stats
5'10" on a good day
~195 lbs
~9-10% bf
Clean Bulking

Supps
Whey
Clout
Xtend (2 servings a day)
Vit. C
r-ALA
Supps not around lift
ALCAR
Caffeine
Tyrosine
Taurine
Note: I use these on occasion for energy throughout the day if I'm feeling tired or something but I will not take them preWO.

Diet
I'm clean bulking with only clean foods and getting in about 4000-4500 cals. PreWO nutrition is either a solid meal 60-90 minutes preWO and a protein shake 20-30 minutes preWO, or a cup of ground oats and 50g whey protein. PWO is a cup of ground oats and 50 g whey protein.

Workout Schedule
M- Chest/Tris
T- Legs
W- Sprints
Th- Shoulders/Traps
F- Sprints
Sat- Back/Bis
Sun- Sprints

Other than Saturday, I lift in the evening. So on lifting days other than Saturday, I'm going to take one serving of Clout when I wake up and one preWO. On Saturday I'll take one preWO and one later in the day. On sprinting days, I'll take one preWO and one later because I sprint around noon.

You can check out my other log if you want to know what my logs look like.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=466561

Sixpack
06-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Best of luck would like to see the daily meal breakdown hehe I am a guru on that . Best of luck you should love it

BluSilver
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
I would definately take out the sprints after leg day. You shouldn't do more than 2x a week while bulking. Seems like you might overtrain a little or not be able to let your legs recover that great. Looks like it'll be a fun log, nonetheless.

chlaxman
06-22-2005, 09:22 AM
I would definately take out the sprints after leg day. You shouldn't do more than 2x a week while bulking. Seems like you might overtrain a little or not be able to let your legs recover that great. Looks like it'll be a fun log, nonetheless.
I was thinking about doing that. The big thing about it is that I mostly experience second day DOMS, so the day after legs I feel pretty good but the next day is a little rough. I will definitely consider the idea. Thanks.

Best of luck would like to see the daily meal breakdown hehe I am a guru on that . Best of luck you should love it

Ask and ye shall receive. Here is a basic breakdown of meals:
I eat every 2-2.5 hours

1st Meal: Generally 1 cup oats, 7 egg whites and 1 whole egg, and some EFAs ( 1 tbsp flax oil, fish oil, or natural peanut butter)

All meals thereafter until my last meal contains high protein, low GI carb, and every other meal contains a source of EFAs.
Choices of protein: Chicken mostly, eggs, turkey for the most part. Occassionally fish and other meat such as veal and dark meat (I don't really like dark meat).
Carbs: Oats, brown rice, fruit, vegetables, and sometimes whole wheat bread
Fat sources: Natural peanut butter, flax oil, fish oil, egg yolks, and extra virgin olive oil.

Last meal consists of: Skim milk, protein shake, and some EFAs

I'll post up today's meals at the end of the day as an example.

chlaxman
06-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Sprints went very well today. It was hot but I'm finally used to the summer weather here in NC. Recovery is getting much better now that I'm in better cardiovascular shape. Not much DOMS in legs but do feel it in my chest somewhat. I don't really expect to feel results the first few days.

I weigh in tomorrow after lifting.

chlaxman
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I'll post today''s (well yesterday's really) diet tomorrow when I wake up. It's late and I want to get some sleep.

chlaxman
06-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Here is what I ate yesterday:

1st- 3/4 cup oats, 7 egg whites 1 yolk, 1 medium apple

2nd- 6 oz boneless chicken breast, 1 cup broc****, 1 cup raw spinach, 3/4 cup brown rice

3rd- Post sprinting 2 scoops whey, 1 cup gound oats

4th- 1.5 cups turkey, 1 cup broc****, 1 banana, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp flax oil

5th- 8 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 medium slice whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

6th- 2 scoops whey, 1 cup ground oats, 1 cup grapes

7th- 7 egg whites 1 yolk, 1 scoop whey, 1 medium apple, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

8th- 1 cup skim milk, 6 oz chicken, 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

9th- 2 scoops whey, 1 cup skim milk, 1 oz almonds

chlaxman
06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Deadlift/Shoulders/Delts

Deadlift: 200x1 8 reps, 210x2 6, 6 reps
DB Shoulder Press: 60sx3 8, 8, 6 reps
DB Lateral Raises: 25sx3 8, 8, 7 reps
Bent Over Lat. Raises: 25sx3 6, 6, 6 reps
DB Shrugs: 80sx1 8 reps, 90sx2 6, 5 reps

I don't know what it was about today but I just wasn't feeling it today. I felt pretty lethargic and tired throughout the entire day and I don't really know why. Regardless, workout was still intense and pretty good. Most lifts stayed about the same pretty much unfortunately. I thought strength was going to be down during the workout because of how I felt but I was somewhat happy about not losing strength.

Well weigh in today is pretty worthless because of weight fluctuation. I weighed in a week ago at 196 lbs and I actually thought I lost weight (I definitely appear leaner). I weighed in this week at 200 lbs, which is obviously incorrect. Oh well I'll try it again next week.

BluSilver
06-24-2005, 05:29 AM
All of your lifts are similar to mine-just a little lower ;). Great workout. And find a good scale, damnit!...

chlaxman
06-24-2005, 08:10 AM
All of your lifts are similar to mine-just a little lower ;). Great workout. And find a good scale, damnit!...
Yeah I'm kind of weak for my size...
Working on the scale as well.

chlaxman
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Sprints today went really well. I had great energy and muscle endurance and cardiovascular showed good improvement. It definitely helped that I ran at 9 pm instead of the middle of the day, but I still prefer the middle of the day. My legs felt great during the sprints and I did not experience a pump at all (so I'm assuming that the effects of White Blood are pretty much done).

Tomorrow should be an awesome day, with back/bis. I love the workout and I'll be tired as hell afterwards.

Note: Eating as often as I am and the amount is really not as fun as it was in the beginning. Oh well I'm not complaining just felt like making a note of that.

chlaxman
06-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Pulldowns: 165x1 7, 170x2 6, 5 reps
BB Bent Row: 185x3 7, 7, 7 reps
Seated Cable Row: 160x3 7, 6, 6 reps
Straight Arm Pressdown: 60x3 6, 6, 6 reps
BB Curl: 80x3 10, 8, 6 reps
Preacher Curl: 70x3 6, 6, 5 reps

The workout today was pretty awesome. I had a strong pump in my bis throughout the workout. I felt stronger throughout the workout, except for bent row.

Tomorrow is sprints.

Sixpack
06-25-2005, 11:08 PM
How much are you eating cal breakdown and meals?

Sprints today went really well. I had great energy and muscle endurance and cardiovascular showed good improvement. It definitely helped that I ran at 9 pm instead of the middle of the day, but I still prefer the middle of the day. My legs felt great during the sprints and I did not experience a pump at all (so I'm assuming that the effects of White Blood are pretty much done).

Tomorrow should be an awesome day, with back/bis. I love the workout and I'll be tired as hell afterwards.

Note: Eating as often as I am and the amount is really not as fun as it was in the beginning. Oh well I'm not complaining just felt like making a note of that.

chlaxman
06-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Between 8-9 meals most days. Some meals are larger than others, but for the most part each is around 400-500 cals (breakfast is larger, last meal is smaller). I try to get 40 g of protein in each meal and I do that most of the time and go over a lot of it. Overall I eat over 400 g protein a day, around 80 g of fat, and 4000 cals most days.

chlaxman
06-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Sprints today were prety awesome. The first sprint was kind of slow but it sped up after that and my bro and I really hit the sprints hard. I had a strong calve pump throughout the workout, and actually later in the day during work. Overall I was very happy with the workout.

Chest/tris tomorrow.

BluSilver
06-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Ahh, yes, good ol' mildly hypertrophic, AMPk regulating, nutrient partitioning, calf and quad pumping sprints. Nothing better. Try doing them up a hill for even more fun. I used to be much slower on my first couple, but I can go all out on all of them now. The key is warming up properly. Do a 1/4 mile jog followed by dynamic stretching and 20m acceleration sprints.

P.S. If you really want to get functional, set up cones 10m apart in the middle of your sprints and add 10m to the end of your sprints. jog very slowly when you get to the first cone but explode as quickly as you can when you hit the next cone.

chlaxman
06-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I always warm up with a light jog for at least a 1/4 mile, usually a little longer and dynamic stretching.

I like the cone idea I think I may try it out. Thanks.

chlaxman
06-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Chest/Tris
BB Bench: 205x3 6, 5, 4 reps
BB Incline Bench: 175x3 6, 5, 5 reps
Db Flys: 45sx3 6, 6, 5 reps
Skullcrushers: 70x2 6, 6 reps
Cable Pushdowns: 60x3 6, 6, 5 reps

I was not very happy with my workout tonight. Weight pretty much went down a little bit and I felt quite a bit weaker. I will say that I had a massive pump in my bis, chest, and tris, but regardless my lifts dropped a little for the most part. I'm not too worried because my progress has been pretty steady for the entire bulk and you always have off days, but I was, and still am, pretty pissed about the workout anyways.

Lifting legs tomorrow and I'm going to be pissed and use it for intensity.

chlaxman
06-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Legs
Squat: 205x3 5, 6, 4 reps
Leg Press: 270x3 8, 7, 6 reps
Knee Extensions: 170x3 7, 6, 6 reps
Calve Raises: 230x1 9 reps, 250x2 8, 8 reps

Just like yesterday, weight was down a bit today, even though I felt great during the workout. I had a huge pump in my legs and tons of energy throughout the workout, and I was dead after the workout even with the drop in weight. I did go up on calve raises but that's it. Unlike yesterday, I had tons of energy and intensity. So other than the drop in weight, it was a great workout.

chlaxman
06-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Well I took an off day today. I'm hoping that taking a day off and just relaxing will help get my strength back. Nutrition and everything was the same I just did not do sprints today. I'll weigh in tomorrow and hit deadlifts, shoulders, and delts.

BluSilver
06-30-2005, 05:15 AM
Sounded like you needed a day off with the lifts going down. Enjoy your lifts going up again:D. Maybe you should reduce either your sprint or weights volume.

chlaxman
06-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Sounded like you needed a day off with the lifts going down. Enjoy your lifts going up again:D. Maybe you should reduce either your sprint or weights volume.
I am probably going to take out the Wednesday sprint. If that does not work then I will think about changing my weght volume and stuff like that.

chlaxman
06-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Shoulders/ Delts
Deadlift: 195x2 6, 6 reps, 205x1 6 reps
DB Shoulder Press: 60sx3 8, 8, 7 reps
Lateral Raises: 25sx3 8, 7, 7 reps
Bent Over Lateral Raises: 25sx3 7, 7, 6 reps
DB Shrugs: 90sx3 6, 6, 5 reps

The workout today was really good. I had a ton of energy, strength was up, and I felt great overall throughout the workout. I felt much stronger and weight/rep increases were pretty good all around. I really wish my gym had 65 lb dumbells because I really want to move up but I'm not ready for 70s.

Weight came in at 200 again. Still trying to get my own scale so I can measure in the morning on an empty stomach.

BluSilver
07-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Glad to see the lifts going up. I know how you feel about not having 65's. My gym doesn't have 55's, so when I needed to move up from 50, I just did more reps until I got to 11, then I could do 60's for 7 the next time.

chlaxman
07-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Glad to see the lifts going up. I know how you feel about not having 65's. My gym doesn't have 55's, so when I needed to move up from 50, I just did more reps until I got to 11, then I could do 60's for 7 the next time.
Yeah it blows, but oh well.

Sprints went well today despite the heat. I felt great and had a lot of energy throughout the workout. I feel like I am improving with sprints and getting faster. Recovery is also getting better and is getting to the best it has been.

chlaxman
07-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Back/Bis
Pulldown: 170x3 6, 6, 5 reps
BB Bent Row: 185x1 8 reps, 195x2 6, 5 reps
Seated Cable Row: 160x3 7, 7, 6 reps
Straight Arm Pressdown: 60x3 6, 6, 6 reps
Barbell Curl: 80x3 8, 6, 5 reps
Preacher Curl: 70x3 5, 5, 5 reps

Energy was very good for the workout today despite the 9 hour shift I worked before lifting. Back lifts went up, but bicep lifts went down a bit, but overall I was pretty satisfied with the workout. I had a good pump throughout the workout in my bis, calves, and lats. I will say that concentration and intensity was good, but not great. That was about the only thing that was slightly lacking during the workout.

chlaxman
07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Sprints today went very well. My legs felt great after getting warmed up and I had a huge pump in my calves and quads during the workout. Recovery is improving as well.

BluSilver
07-03-2005, 12:31 PM
My sprints went well today as well. I tried reducing my rest time to improve my anaerobic capacity, and whooo was it fun. Sprinted 80-100m and rested for 2 min. I was fatigued out of my mind, but I'm doing this to improve my strength at the end of my weight-training workouts.

Sixpack
07-03-2005, 01:19 PM
BS how many sprints are u doing and u rest 2min between each 100m sprint

chlaxman
07-03-2005, 09:14 PM
My sprints went well today as well. I tried reducing my rest time to improve my anaerobic capacity, and whooo was it fun. Sprinted 80-100m and rested for 2 min. I was fatigued out of my mind, but I'm doing this to improve my strength at the end of my weight-training workouts.
Yeah I rest for about a minute and a half or two minutes and by the time I'm done, I'm so dead.

BluSilver
07-04-2005, 05:34 AM
BS how many sprints are u doing and u rest 2min between each 100m sprint
About 10 maybe 12 if I'm feeling really skipper that day. They should be VERY exhausting if you do them right. You don't want to do too many or you'll overtrain.

chlaxman
07-04-2005, 05:40 AM
About 10 maybe 12 if I'm feeling really skipper that day. They should be VERY exhausting if you do them right. You don't want to do too many or you'll overtrain.
I agree with only doing 10-12 sprints. Some days I've only done 8 and it is still killer if you do them hard enough.

Sixpack
07-04-2005, 06:55 AM
So u guys are doing them 2x per week 100meter sprints with 2 min break between each one or basically a walk back to the starting point? Thanks I gotta try this

I agree with only doing 10-12 sprints. Some days I've only done 8 and it is still killer if you do them hard enough.

chlaxman
07-04-2005, 07:04 AM
So u guys are doing them 2x per week 100meter sprints with 2 min break between each one or basically a walk back to the starting point? Thanks I gotta try this
Yeah I walk back to the starting point, which is a bit less than 2 minutes.

chlaxman
07-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Chest/ Tris
BB Bench: 205x3 6, 5, 5 reps
BB Incline Bench: 175x3 6, 6, 6 reps
Flys: 45sx3 6, 6, 6 reps
Skullcrushers: 70x3 6, 5, 4 reps
Cable Pushdowns: 60x1 8 reps, 70x2 6, 5 reps

The workout this morning went pretty well, I had a lot of energy and intensity throughout the workout. I also think I found out why my bench has gone down. On my second set of incline bench, I noticed that my left elbow was hooking out and I think it has been affecting my lift. I fixed the problem and hopefully it solves the drop in weight. Regardless, I had a huge pump throughout the workout and I actually felt pretty good.

I'm hitting legs hard tomorrow.

BluSilver
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Yup-exactly.

chlaxman
07-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Legs
Squat: 205x1 6 reps, 215x2 5, 5 reps
Leg Press: 230x1 8 reps, 280x2 5, 4 reps
Knee Extensions: 170x1 8 reps, 180x1 6 reps
Calve Raises (TUT method): 270x3 7, 6, 6 reps

The workout this evening was really intense and I was really dead afterwards (still am dead). I had a huge pump in my quads and calves throughout the lifts. Strength was great, actually. I think I could have done more weight on squats, but I wasn't sure I could do it with good form so I stuck to form. I had a good stretch after the workout, which helped loosen the muscles.

I will not be sprinting tomorrow, but I may go for an easy hike or short jog just to do something during the day.

chlaxman
07-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Basically an off day today. I didn't do anything I would call exercise (some walking but I try to remain active, nothing strenuous). I'm really excited about deadlifting tomorrow and weighing in.

chlaxman
07-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Shoulders/ Delts
Deadlift: 205x3 6, 6, 5 reps
DB Shoulder Press: 70sx3 5, 5, 5 reps
Lateral Raise: 27.5sx3 6, 6, 5 reps
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 25sx3 8, 7, 7 reps
DB Shrugs: 90sx3 7, 6, 6 reps

Workout tonight was awesome. I had to stay an extra 2 hours at work, so I was really pissed for the workout and it was really intense. I increased on everything, and hit a PR for the shoulder press. I was so excited about hitting the 70s for shoulder press. My recovery today was excellent. Usually I am totally dead after deadlifting but I felt great towards the end of my workout. I did not have a very strong pump, but I had a lot of energy and strength during the workout.

Weighed in at 201 and I'm more vascular than last week.

Just some notes about the Clout: After taking the Clout and not working out (which happens once a day), I have a feeling of well-being. I was thinking it was the Vinpocetine. Also, it kind of tastes like cough syrup :).

Sprints tomorrow.

BluSilver
07-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Sweet. Try using some weight on those deadlifts next time ;). Cough syrup? Mike like cough syrup. MMMMM

chlaxman
07-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Sweet. Try using some weight on those deadlifts next time ;). Cough syrup? Mike like cough syrup. MMMMM
LOL I used to go heavy as hell but I started going down nice and slow. Better results for me.

Kevin not mind cough syrup...:)

chlaxman
07-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Well it's kind of a late update, but sprints went very well today. It was hot as hell but I felt really good during the sprints. Recovery and energy were improved from my last sprint session (which was good anyways) and my legs felt better towards the end of the session. While I would never claim to be fast, I think I'm doing pretty well on the sprints ;).

Interesting to note my lower back feels great today, which is unusual for the day after deadlifts.

BluSilver
07-09-2005, 05:02 AM
I would whoop you in sprints. Mwahahahahaha

I'm actually quite slow for my size. Do you feel that the Clout has helped attenuate some fatigue at the end of the sprinting sessions?

chlaxman
07-09-2005, 07:38 AM
I would whoop you in sprints. Mwahahahahaha

I'm actually quite slow for my size. Do you feel that the Clout has helped attenuate some fatigue at the end of the sprinting sessions?
Yes I do.

I used to be fast but I am not anymore. Oh well.

chlaxman
07-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Well sorry about the lack of update yesterday I about passed out after lifting from being so tired.

Back/Bis
Pulldowns: 170x3 7, 6, 5 reps
BB Bent Row: 195x3 7, 6, 6 reps
Seated Cable Row: 170x1 9 reps, 180x2 6, 5 reps
Straight Arm Pressdown: 70x3 5, 5, 5 reps
Barbell Curl: 80x1 10 reps, (Move to Olympic bar) 85x2 6, 5 reps
Preacher Curl: 70x1 6 reps, 80x2 5, 4 reps

The workout last night was amazing. I had a ton of energy and it was really intense. It definitely helped that my bro and I were the only ones in the gym. I felt as if my strength was increased and almost all lifts went up on weight. I had great progress with the seated cable row. I felt a strong pump in my lats and bis throughout the workout and stamina was noticeably improved.

Sprints tomorrow :)

chlaxman
07-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Well it's been a crazy couple days so I'm sorry I didn't update Sunday or yesterday.

Sunday
Sprints went very well. I'm still slow, though. It was really hot but my legs felt pretty good.

Monday
Chest/ Tris
DB Bench:205x3 6, 6, 5 reps
DB Incline Bench: 185x3 6, 5, 4 reps
Flys: 45sx1 6 reps, 50sx2 5, 4 reps
Skullcrushers: 70x3 5, 6, 5 reps
Cable Pushdowns: Done on a different machine

The workout last night was great. My strength felt great and I had a huge pump throughout the workout. Towards the end of the chest part of the workout I could barely move my chest was so pumped and tired. All around, the workout was really good.

I ran out of Clout yesterday, so the log is done. I'll write a final review later today of how I feel about the cycle of Clout. I do wish I had another bottle but I'll just have to try it out later.

BluSilver
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Nice progress. You'll get faster at sprints-it just takes aawhile only doing them twice per week.

chlaxman
07-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Nice progress. You'll get faster at sprints-it just takes aawhile only doing them twice per week.
I'm not too worried really.

Sixpack
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
As long as you do them with 100% effort is what matters bro keep it up

chlaxman
07-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Overall Thoughts
It took about a week for the Clout to kick in but when it did I really liked the effects. I definitely had a strong pump, which is not that important for me but is a plus nonetheless. My muscles felt very full while on Clout and recovery was greatly improved. I wish I had bought 2 bottles of Clout, but I'll be out of the country for a week unable to lift so the review would not be as effective then.

I am almost positive that I will use this product again. I liked it more than Omega Thunder (although I really liked Thunder and the price is unbeatable). I have to give it to MAN, because I was very impressed with Clout.

Douche_Nutz
07-13-2005, 12:51 PM

Six, check out this article by Loky, if you haven't already:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/magmain.php?issueID=21&pageID=274

WorkoutMD
07-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Overall Thoughts
It took about a week for the Clout to kick in but when it did I really liked the effects. I definitely had a strong pump, which is not that important for me but is a plus nonetheless. My muscles felt very full while on Clout and recovery was greatly improved. I wish I had bought 2 bottles of Clout, but I'll be out of the country for a week unable to lift so the review would not be as effective then.

I am almost positive that I will use this product again. I liked it more than Omega Thunder (although I really liked Thunder and the price is unbeatable). I have to give it to MAN, because I was very impressed with Clout.

Nice review Chlax. What specifically about Clout makes you like it more than Omega Thunder?

chlaxman
07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Nice review Chlax. What specifically about Clout makes you like it more than Omega Thunder?
Well I like that it is in powder form, which is just personal preference. The main thing that I like about Clout is the muscle hardness and fullness that is much stronger than Thunder. I also feel that my recovery was better with Clout than with Thunder.

J-Rod
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Well I like that it is in powder form, which is just personal preference. The main thing that I like about Clout is the muscle hardness and fullness that is much stronger than Thunder. I also feel that my recovery was better with Clout than with Thunder.

Thank you for your business and for your great review. I am happy to hear that the product delivered for you.

pu12en12g
07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
muscle hardness and fullness

I noticed the same effect. It feels awesome ! !

chlaxman
07-14-2005, 11:10 PM
It definitely feels sweet.

Styleee
07-18-2005, 08:54 PM

PU, did you feel more muscle fullness on Clout, or Ether?

BTW great log so far keep it up bro.