PDA

View Full Version : HIT Cardio...

Cricket_Fire
06-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Ok, I'm too fat for running/jump rope, ect., and biking is too easy, so, what about HIT cardio?

I made one of these:
http://www.joshua-davis.com/index.php?refer=cheapsled

I was wondering if pulling it the distance of ~4 front lawns (I pull it on the road) twice (to the corner of the street and back), would be a sufficient cardio replacement for running, biking, swimming, whatever. I will be really struggling with it.

Thanks.

DJohnson
06-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Anything works if you work at it hard enough and you're not limited by your muscle strength.

And if biking is too easy... bike harder/faster! Unless you can reach a speed in which aerodynamics is causing you to lose control, and that's at over 200mph! So keep it under 190. ;)

Cricket_Fire
06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Anything works if you work at it hard enough and you're not limited by your muscle strength.

And if biking is too easy... bike harder/faster! Unless you can reach a speed in which aerodynamics is causing you to lose control, and that's at over 200mph! So keep it under 190. ;)
What I mean by biking is too easy, is that I really don't get much of a cardio workout out of it. I'll be going, and will ALWAYS find myself pedalling less and less.

So, looks like the sled is a go :D , thanks!

candrk
06-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Sleds are good but just take your bike around some hills. That should sort things out!