PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Fat Question

SteelBarRivets
06-17-2005, 04:08 PM
I am currently in a bulking phase and have been for almost a week. I started at about 9% bodyfat. I was 5'11 162 and consider myself an ectomorph. I have been getting roughly 3300 calories a day, about 300g of protein, 600 carbs, and roughly 50 grams of fat.

I have already become 164 in about 6 days. Is this weight fat, water weight, or muscle?

But my main question is, is my fat entirely too low? I really don't know how to get more fat since my diet revolves around healthy foods. I supplement with fish oil, flax oil, and cla, but still I think I get 50 g of fat or less. I do buy 1% milk and low fat cottage cheese, so I guess I could go for the full milk, but would this really be worth it? I still don't think that would put me at the fat that some people recommend like 100-200 for bulking. I could eat fast food but would those calories really even help me?

Thanks so much

RipStone
06-17-2005, 04:43 PM
The first week of a bulk people tend to gain 2-5lbs, most of it is water weight though. After the first week or so, aim to gain no more than 1-1.5lbs a week. That way you know you are puttin on mostlty lean body mass. If you gain any more that that I would lower cals a bit.

Yea, your fats are a little low. I would add some raw nuts(alomonds are great), natural peanut butter, and maybe a few more fish oil caps.

SteelBarRivets
06-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks, solid advice! Will take note!